OOC Chat and other things.
Katarzyna Panteer

Memorable Moments

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Granting the first one to the first Ohohohoho of the game. :D
Lucinia Malveaux wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:27 pm
Meanwhile, Lucinia found something amusing. Or at least she seemed to be expressing such.

"Ooooohohohohoho!" Even though Lucinia had grown a touch more gaunt over the years, her pale eyes a hint more yellow, the tenor and volume of her interpretation of the family laugh certainly hadn't gotten any weaker. Quite the opposite; perhaps it was powered by the Force.

Still smirking, she lowered her hand. "I do appreciate your concern, my dear. How you worry, so!" Appreciation flashed in her eyes, even as she teased. "But I assure you, I shall do fine eating the food of your former days. It's no worse than Academy food."

Picking up her fork, she poked at her... whatever it was. A brief pause, a raised eyebrow. "Perhaps a bit worse. Is is better with spice? Or wine, perhaps? I do have a fine red."

Also like the detail of the Dark Side corruption showing more in Luci!
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Katarzyna Panteer

Re: Memorable Moments

Aurilie Alde wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:03 pm
Aurilie was sure to nod back in greeting in return to the blue fellow who stopped momentarily beside her. It seemed that most of these items were an easy choice for the visitors here, the flashy brands and designs were sure to catch the attention of those who were familiar with them. They weren't exactly so common around her remote estate, especially when they've made the conscious decision to exclude overly sweet manufactured drinks from the kitchens. Nevertheless, Aurilie decided that she should take her chances with this Crazy Cola. One drink wasn't going to kill her, hopefully.

Duup!

The bottle was unceremously dumped into the vending slot and she picked it up, offering the item careful scrutiny. Over how many calories now? How many sugars? Oh no, Rhia mustn't know about this now...

She meandered over to the table that was congregating with a few people and there were two faces that stuck out. "Good...evening, Miss Breela and Mister Garth. Do you mind if I join you for a bit? Prince Aurilie Alde of the kingdom of Mount Joral." She would offer as an introduction to the others.
I just think it's so cute how Aurilie is thinking of her wife... especially the concern for sugary drinks. :lol:
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

:shock:
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Ghost | Father | Friend | Advisor | One With The Force

Carries/Wears: The Light, Shield Amulet, Robes

"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are."
Katarzyna Panteer

Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:01 am
There is a distress beacon running, two of them, one with Republic signatures and another with Imperial signatures.

They are old codes, but they check out.
This bit made me laugh
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Rumun Gol wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:44 am
As chaos happened all around the republic ship, one occupant didn't seem to be alarmed, at all. The tall alien walked calmly as the alarms, lights and sounds of the battle that was happening on board the ship

Nobody seemed to notice him, for some reason. The xenos just continued forward, and went on to one of the escape pods carrying some equipment and wearing a full enviro-suit, he jumped into one of the pods.

The alien didn't had much training with ships, in fact he had a record of crashing them, both intentional and not so much, so this was a gamble, especially in such a hostile planet as Hoth. But the force was strong in this one, and he blindly gave himself to it, letting it to decide his destiny with such difficult task.

And his faith was rewarded, as the force allowed him to safely guide the pod, towards the beacon, with minor inconveniences...
So we all agree it's Rumun's fault each and every one of our ships crashed, right? This must be a new personal record for him. :twisted:
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Katarzyna Panteer

Captain Syrian wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:28 pm
Syrian smashed his fist on the console and said, “You had one job!”

He then howled, “Mixo!”

He cleared his throat and then said, “Break off pursuit for now, let us finish this rabble.”

[Screen wipe]

As the ships flee the delaying action the two ships of the Republic and Empire detonate and explode over the planet but thankfully the makeshift squadron bought enough time for the extra supplies to get down to the planet.

OOC: The pirates scatter after the blast from the cruiser.

Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
Lucinia Malveaux

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

Seconded! I'd come here to post this!
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Subject: [Day 2 - EM] Hoth Sludge Winter
Darth Baras wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:42 pm
Suitable Mood Music

The dark lord of the Sith feared nothing, be it Jedi, deadly plots, or foul smelling sludge. The Dark Side would always prevail and he turned with an army of mops at his beck and call and it was a glorious march even if his overzealous mops knocked over other workers, or cleaned the dirty folks, or even if they just outright scraped the paint jos of ships it was a small price to pay for his show of power.

Darth Baras was glorious.

OOC: God damn it Darth Baras... that takes you to 41.

Darth Baras - Discipline + Downgrade Upgrade: 4eP+1eA+3eD+2eS 4 successes, 3 threat, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Lucinia Malveaux

I know I've been trying to MM more serious things... but this exchange made me laugh:
Qozaiym Zholyeva wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:17 am
“Well Team Ortolan, our friends were light on details but expect heavy Pirate Maw resistance. Zhis is our first real encounter on the ground against zhese brigands, assess zheir combat capabilities and organization. Given our first encounter do not underestimate zhem,” the General said over the commlink.
Jan Melmoar wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:37 am
"Zis is Jan Melmoar, Ze Zall Zink carefully on our actions."

Flicking her comms to the local (PC channel).
"Pipka, darling, was that you I saw flying down? How's the launcher feeling today? And your passenger, I knew Hoth was a small world but this is ridiculous, if you wanted to see me again you only had to call."
Jan leans back in her chair.

"And there appears to be someone flying some kind of dinosaur above us, that's new. That's not Princess Panteer is it?"
She listens to Omandri over the comms without polite interest.

"Oh yes, hope for peace but prepare for war? No objections from me dear. No objections at all. I'm all about the peaceful resolution of problems. That being said I might just stand behind everyone during the meeting, I get terribly cold in this wind."
Qozaiym Zholyeva wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:11 am
Back at he Base

"Was she mocking me?" the General considered.
Lucinia Malveaux

Uh, holy shit:
Dapper Dog wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:13 pm
Layne Hoshin wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:29 pm
Discipline, DESTINY, Sermon Mark (provides 1 Triumph, and will also use the Monkey Paw because I like living dangerously)): 2eP+1eA+3eC+2eD 1 success, 4 threat, 2 Despair
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Monkey Paw!: 1d100 92 - Generates an additional triumph, final result, Success! But with 2 triumphs and 2 despairs. :?
Music for the Scene

Layne was falling... tumbling through the void.

She tumbles through the darkness until she lands hard in the mud and rock… no snow and ice. An alien world that seems familiar. It is dusty and arid and a man approaches and behind him more and more… perhaps hundreds.

Thick red hair and beard, muscular and scarred, on hand replaced with prosthetic of fine make, crystalline and metallic in a beautiful melding. Behind him were faces she did not recognize but they were all shades of herself.

“Been a long time, cousin. Since all of this,” he raised up the prosthetic limb.

“You came into the dark to find something,” he reached out and placed that same hand on her shoulder. “I want you to know that even when you Fall, when you murder innocents, when you do everything you think you must do, I will always love you. Not just as a cousin but as a sister.”

“What happens next is how it has to be.”

A young woman peered around his shoulder and said, “This is her?” Daz stepped aside and allowed her to speak, “Kriff she looks kind of badass, we could have used someone like her in the fight. But I guess we got by.”

A young man placed his hand on Layne’s shoulder, “So this is part of our legacy, Master Daz. Wow. She was your inspiration, through the dark times. Without her, there would be no us. Too bad you don’t know what happened to her after the war.”

Daz sighed and said, “I lied, I lied to you both. Petra, Jax, all of you… stay awhile and listen.”

His form shimmered and then darkened as he took on a lotus pose, the halo of his light obscuring reality in waves. He continued speaking, “Layne fell to the Dark Side, trying to achieve some greater good but there is no greater good in the dark. She turned her back on the Jedi, on her friends, and on herself.”

“When the war came, she was already lost. Darth Baras had twisted her into the very thing she had tried to destroy. She always needed more power, for some phantom Emperor… some phantom menace just out of sight. Every conspiracy was the Sith Emperor, she convinced herself it was the only way.”

“She told herself killing her friends was just one step, they would forgive her when the ends finally justified the means. The galaxy burned and still she was consumed with this need to prove herself right, to defeat an already dead Emperor.”

“It had to end and so I tracked her down, alone.”

She can see them dueling as Daz stepped aside her two blades, fierce and powerful, unrelenting and filled with hatred. In the end they stood apart her blades ready, as Daz faced her with his singular green blade.

They came at each other and everything was still. Then Layne fell, her head, neatly, severed. Daz collapsed to one knee and then fell forward as he crawled to Layne but his strength gave out before he could reach her.

“That is the truth,” he said, then all of the shadows and faces fell into Daz and he pulled before exploding outward with abundant light.

She was alone now with all of her choices, her decisions.

When she pulled herself from the vision she was laying in the snow stained red from her own blood, her face was sore and bloody. She could not see… she had torn at her eyes she would recover with fancy Star wars tech but for now… she was cold in the inky darkness.

OOC: Layne will be found after the time skip with a Blindness critical, it can be healed just outside Echo Base.

Luth suffers 5 Conflict, Layne and Shyyyo suffer another 10 Conflict for the ordeal due to how long they stayed.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Darth Baras wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:58 am
Darth Baras was present, this would prove to be interesting.
Senya Tirall wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:59 am
Senya was curious how these savages... outlanders would dispense justice. She leaned against a tall pallet and watched.
Lucinia Malveaux wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:14 am
Lucinia was there, dressed in one of her black gowns. Her warm black gowns.

She smiled as she watched the proceedings. Her left hand held her datapad, but her right hand was free, ready to fly up to the corner of her mouth at any moment. She suspected that she would be needing to do that quite often.
Nudimsu wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:41 am
This was his first opportunity to see a human court proceeding, but not his own first time being one. The last one that could have been considered one was his, and it was ruled he be exiled from the Chiss. Now Layne was the one about to be exiled.

He hung out near Senya to possibly answer any questions, but he was still not sure how to be social with her. Still was not sure how to be social with a lot of people, though.
I suspect the trial is going to be memorable anyway, but I was already struck by how quickly the Superiority And Condescension section of the courthouse gallery filled up. :lol:
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

I mean she's not wrong...

Subject: Not allowed to fade away, Part Two [D4, LM]
Luth Khalan wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:27 pm
"That's great," she replied, taking out her data pad. "Because you already confessed in front of like four Jedi and me. We'd be idiots to pursue a complete drop to all charges. Our options are basically going to be a plea deal or trying to get an insanity verdict."

"You've been sounding pretty unhinged your entire time here, so I think the latter is a distinct possibility."
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Poor Nudimsu... poor Lana.
Nudimsu wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:49 pm
Nudimsu begins to walk up to the pen and stares at the goats quietly. His mind was racing with thoughts as he watched the two of them enter the pen while he stayed out of there for the moment, politely nodding to Zeno as he arrived, but keeping his gaze on the small beasts as they wander around.

30 mouths to feed. Cockpit is going to smell like goats. Everything is going to smell like goats. I will be confused as a farmer when we meet clients. Constantly needing to use the refresher to get rid of the smell temporarly. Cleaning up the goat droppings. Stepping on the ones I don't see. And they will breed. Likely already have attempted it. I haven't even had the chance to breed since I got here, yet here they are, breeding away...

His eyes got lower as he stared them down with contempt, keeping quiet for the moment, as he pondered his first move about how to remove the menace from his ship humanly.
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Pipka wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:26 pm
Watching and listening, or at least trying to listen to the proceedings, Pipka leans forward towards the others in the observers' area and offers a not too subtle, "Ssshhhhh."

He had not come here to listen to the loose lips Lucy's in the peanut gallery.

He had come here to support his newest friend... and to report back on the proceedings to Jerri in the detail only a fellow writer, or at least enthusiast, could provide. He could already see the different storylines this one trial could provide. It was like he was actually living in one of Jerri's books.

Uh-oh. :?

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Subject: Tea Time Special [MA4]
Dapper Dog wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:24 am
"You do realize that you are about as far from a dark lord of the Sith as one can get right?" she replied. "You make puppies look absolutely dastardly."
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:59 am
"Mm. I didn't know I was going to come up so close until I... did." Tethys focuses on Riss while the other woman speaks, but as she circles back to finish her own tale her gaze becomes more distant and abstract again, out toward the ceiling, to the corners of the small room. "One of the Mandalorian clans in that confederation was Varad--not the largest or the strongest, but the worst of them. They would... they set bombs in residential areas, even strapped them on to civilians. Their warlord contacted us on comms to laugh at us when we realized what she'd done. We couldn't save everyone. She meant for us to try, and fail." Tethys's voice is tight as she remembers, and her hand clenches again, fingertips digging into her palm.

"She wanted to watch us feel afraid and helpless, and if that made us angry, it only made her feel more powerful--knowing she could always do it again, and again. Once when the Republic force mounted an attack on one of her fortifications, she released a few dozen prisoners she'd taken into a field of sniper fire and dared us to come out and pull as many of them clear as we could before she--mph." She shrugs one shoulder, stiffly. "It was a great joke to Varad. Her snipers were very good; I still have the scar." There's... obviously a lot packed into that sentence.

Tethys sighs and shifts, rubbing the back of her neck. "I was angry, and I was afraid of what would happen every time we faced Varad. Fear and anger. I think... if I held back, it was because my Masters taught me well enough to see those emotions clearly. And I was not going to let her win. I didn't want her to have a say in who I was. Who I would become." Her lips press together in a sardonic suggestion of a smile. "And when we did defeat her, and took her into custody, I saw how small she really was. Not because she'd lost, but because she always had been lost. She never deserved to break me--or anyone."
You commit some war crimes and you're remembered as small?!

Well, to be fair, she would agree nowadays...
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Subject: [Day 5 - EA to LA] Nathema
Dapper Dog wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:19 am
Aphr Ahaya wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:13 am
This is the moment, I cannot let them down.

Aphr was as convincing as she could be. Which seemed to be very. Zhorrid would be proud to know her ritual had lead to this. Or horrified, one of the two.

D5 Nathema event. Charm at hard. Dapper flip, I flip. 2 boost. Dark sermon reduction to reduce difficult by 2: 3eP+2eB+1eC 4 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elsewhere back at the base...

Zhorrid felt a slight tingle of pride as she had tea with the goats. All according to plan.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Katarzyna Panteer

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:34 am
She was dumfounded

''You really have no clue!'' she threw her hand in the air ''You claim you realize you know nothing but in the same breath you claim to know you know more then everyone.''

She gritted her teeth

''You know the first thing you should learn? Humility. Accept that some people, some institution, know more then you even if they don't know everything. You think the Force will give you the secrets of the universe if you decide to go on alone again? It won't happen. You won't be free either. There are consequences to our actions and accepting them is part of growing up...and guess what?''

she paused

''Those consequences, those amends, aren't yours to decide.''

She stared back

''The Jedi are flawed to be sure but were are there when people needs us, we were there when you needed us. We ain't perfect but no one is. Do you think I have nothing else to do then baby sit your whiny ass? Heck naw! I have a thousand and one things to do but I put those aside because you asked for my help and because I care for you, we all care for you, you imbecile!''

Her visage relaxed

''But after all what we try to do you just spit back in our faces, insult us because...you think you are better? That's rich. Here I though Dark Layne was trying to burn down bridges.''

She closed her eyes

''You are going to Tython and that's that. Like it or not it is the place you need to push yourself. If you don't want to see a jedi there then there are continents filled with flesh eating monsters, forgotten temples and so on. You can spend a lifetime there and still have more things to discover. Meanwhile the galaxy will go on without you, like it does for everyone of us.''

That's an intense but very accurate post! Well spoken Baes!

Lucinia Malveaux

There's a lot going on this scene, it's all amazing, I'm just picking out this most recent post. Everything that's happening here is really interesting!!!
Luth Khalan wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:30 pm
This was a mental world, though, wasn't it? Even where Galen and Tethys and Aphr were. Like a dream. Things could change in dreams... Or, if one was a lucid dreamer, be changed.

Luth was lucid enough right now to recognize that.

She concentrated on the image of the holocron. Making it real, solid, feeling the weight in her hand, how the ridged metal felt. Solidified his memory until she could really believe it was there.

And then it was. She took one foot and slid it across the floor to Tethys, pointing down and doing her damndest to keep Valkorion's eyes - her eyes - up.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

This is much more fluffy, but it made me laugh:
Katarzyna Panteer wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:38 pm
Zeno Thul wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:38 pm
Zeno does a little cartwheel between dancers an lands nearby so he can take a break. He was sweating from all his dancing.

"Hello there," he says with a grin. "Enjoying the music?"
"Duke-Consort," she said, having suppressed the urge to say General Thul. Which was weird since Zeno wasn't a general.

Meanwhile, elsewhere on Hoth, we learn that Czerka took Nature's most perfect killing machine and needlessly turned it into a (Cortosis-enhanced) robot:

Subject: What a Beautiful Day [MM5]
Dapper Dog wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:13 pm
wampa-cyborg.jpg
The creature stops and sniffs and slathers one of the eyes glowing an artificial red. It has their scent but currently confused at where they have gone. If they remain still for too long it will certainly find them.

The right arm is replaced with a cybernetic limb and there is a patchwork of upgrades across this creature’s body. Someone felt the wampa was not deadly enough.
Director Melmoar, any comment for the public? :lol:

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:32 pm
"I assure you, cannibalism was a passing phase," she responded.
Does it have to be? Yum...

:?
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Ship: Umbral Vanguard | Sidekick: Lady Savagery