OOC Chat and other things.
Jan Melmoar

Re: Memorable Moments

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:18 pm

Director Melmoar, any comment for the public? :lol:
Only to add that wampas have a right to self-defense up to and including the ability to kill a building ;)
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Darth Irrej wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:21 am
The Infinite Destiny made it’s approach and landed in the open bay. It was not particularly remarkable, a typical light freighter with lots of custom modifications once someone looks at it. The ramp lowers down with a hiss exposing the sealed interior to the Hoth atmosphere.

There is silence and thena figure descends wearing a mask that seems intent on sowing terror and malice, a long dark cape and firm boots, equally black. In fact it was all black on black, on black.

When he reached the bottom he said in a deep modulated voice, “So this is the thorn in the White Maw’s side?”

He has arrived.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Layne Hoshin wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:05 pm
She already kind of regretted this and was resisting the urge to facepalm again.

"...right?"

She was resisting the urge so much.

"...Did you just... come down instead of buzzing me up so that, you could look dramatic walking down that ramp?"
Darth Irrej wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:22 pm
There is a long pause and then his voice came through his mask, "No."
He absolutely did that.
Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Hacha Tsuko wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:48 pm
"Oh thank the maker." Hacha breathes a sigh of relief. "That might have made things awkward."

The Duros motioned around. "We should be private. Boss had me soundproof the rooms ever since Lana started riding with us. Apparently my hydrospanning is noisy. I have no idea why they thought hammering was going on... I'm getting off topic. You've definitely got my interest "
>____>
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Lucinia Malveaux

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

I just want to make special note of Tethys' continual good understanding of how to play a Paragon Jedi, and how a Paragon Jedi likely views the Force. This is just one of many examples! Also some good drama, which I always like putting in here:

viewtopic.php?p=14882#p14882
Tethys Carrack wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:43 pm
Tethys nearly scoffs. On her, that's a deceptively mild exhalation of sound--Hnf--and a tightening at the corners of her mouth. "Abstract 'time' has moved on, and Bankor is healing now, but many people suffered needlessly because of your choices. Some still are suffering. If you can't acknowledge that, haven't learned from it, then this affectation of wisdom is just that--affectation, self-delusion."

Seeing that the refugees aren't in immediate danger, her physical tension has dialed back, but she isn't exactly relaxed either. "Of course the galaxy isn't fair and perfect. It's full of people. The Force is made up of people, of living things and our connections to each other. If you truly believed those lives and those choices didn't matter, then I don't think you'd be in this tent, helping these people."

She opens a hand, stiffly--it's the one that had been wrapped in a death grip around the handle of her med kit a short while ago. "But this is an emergency situation. If you're not here to involve yourself in the conflict, then what we need to know right now is whether you'll pledge yourself to continue not to harm these refugees or the base's defenders. If you can do that honestly... we'll figure the rest out later."
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Stuff: Armour of the First Wrath, Universal door openers, Thermal cloak.
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

Jo'ren Rath wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:57 am
viewtopic.php?p=15848#p15848

:cry:
I gotta second this. Despite the fact that the Old Merc took down Jan, with this vignette, we got someone who has seen the same trials and tribulations and stories from different perspectives as all the PCs.

Korriban.

Nar Shaddaa.

Bankor.

Ziost.

Alderaan.

And then Hoth.

Mirrors are nice
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force | Confident
Carries: Lightsaber, Modded Heavy Battle Armor, Cascader, Utility Belt
"All journeys end..."
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:15 pm
While Lucinia's senses were not always as strong as others, she was always connected to Jan, her awareness of her lover never quite fading. It was through this that Luci could feel her pain. Feel her life fading. Luci went pale, her eyes closing. "Jan..." She whispered, a tear running down her pale cheek.

When her eyes opened a moment later, they were black.

"I'll kill them!" She screamed, a wracking, piercing sound, tearing at the ears of her companions. Wind began to whip around her, a swirling mass of debris and dark side energy, crackling with her rage. She lifted her arms aloft, bending the Force to her will. If Jan were merely wounded, this would give them something to draw their attention. And if she were dead, well, this would serve as a suitable pyre.

Up above, metal ripped and tore, screeching in protest as it yielded to the force of the power she commanded. The power station, a contrast to the raging Lucinia, still screaming, moved almost gracefully, a moment of silence as it levitated to the center of the battlefield.

And then, Lucinia thrust her fist downward, and the power station plunged to the earth...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

D8LM, Reactor Drop, don't need to aim!: 4eF 3 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImage

Flip destiny to use light pips. 1 to activate power, 2 to move up to size 6, as many range as necessary, up to whatever 2 past Extreme is.

Kaboom.
Epic.
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Lucinia Malveaux

This is...

1) Very dramatic
2) A very well made point
3) A sick burn
Tethys Carrack wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:41 pm
"Darth Baras," Tethys speaks up coolly and with composure, although her face still shows the marks of alert tension. "A reasonable observer must question whether you want what is best for any person other than yourself." She opens her hands palm-up as she takes a step away from the wall--a gesture of calm that also happens to show they're nowhere near drawing her lightsaber or other hidden weapons.

"Perhaps not even yourself, in the end. But your relationship with your own conscience is your business," she adds, as a thoughtful aside. "I've seen your effect on those whose lives touch--Luth, Layne, the late Lieutenant Ujips. Even you, Lord Draagh," she glances aside at the mysterious Sith Lord. "I thought you had more spirit, more life in you, when we met all those years ago on Bankor. Ten more years of Darth Baras has done you no good either." She sighs, barely audible.

"In any case, this decision is not yours, Darth. Ms. Khalan is a Republic citizen by virtue of her military service. It is an interesting thing--when you disappear without a trace, that is not the same as renouncing citizenship. Her children inherit that status, and they are entitled to all the protections of the Republic conventions on the rights of children. To stay with their caregiving parent. To live free of mental and physical abuse." She nods toward Luth. "Any concessions Luth makes to you now are her own last act of generosity to you. She and the children owe you nothing."

--
Crucial Point talent goes brr.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

This, from the pirate parley thread, is both a pretty slick move by the player team (imo) and also a very cool narrative moment. Alderaan stands! (Probably?)
Dapper Dog wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:13 pm
Galen Panteer wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:00 pm
"See if you can clarify what we're buying." he said to Omandri. "I'll make a call."

Galen moved to the holocommunicater and attempted to contact Castle Panteer. He held his breath, waiting to see who might answer.
jameela-old.jpg
There is distortion and then the holo forms and there is a technician he recognized and then it is replaced by his wife in more of her royal garb. A smile and then look of worry and she said, “Galen! Galen is that you?”

“By the Maker, you’re alive!”
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

And then I lost it at the implication that they've seen multiple other people try this line before. :lol:

Subject: [Day 8 - MA] The Queen's Man
Riyani Viro wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:00 pm
"Well damn I thought we would have to feed you to the wampa, but you were not lying," she said surprised.

"Third time and the Alderaan prince thing was finally real."
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Darth Baras wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:42 am
Baras.jpg
Baras’ mask fell to the ground as he coughed up blood, “I always hated you, you… your father… eventually your mother… your tu’kata bitch wife. I have dreamt of this moment.”

“But it is bitter… because you insolent welp have stolen my children and the one creature I deigned to love from me. And for that, I cannot let you live.”

He struggled to stay on his feet… as he coughed up blood.
So there's not really a best post in all this, but I'll link this one because it's the start of the posts that brought me to actual irl tears. I know it's a little gauche to link a thread you're in, but this whole plotline has been really good and this ending is genuinely heartwrenching. I feel honored to have been able to be part of it. Thanks to everyone who's been involved.
Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Lucinia Malveaux

Darth Irrej faces tragedy:
Layne Hoshin wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:11 pm
Noticing him standing there, she moved over toward him instead of the ship. Standing next to him and looking out as well.

"...did you feel it?"
Darth Irrej wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:15 pm
"Of course," he said solemnly. "I feel like a piece of me is now gone. Broken."
Darth Irrej wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:24 pm
He held up a data pad and added, “I have never read such a poor review of my work, still cuts me right to the bone that they would consider my work a derivative of that nonsensical Vera Hawke. Surely they do not understand truly enticingly written eroticism if it bit them on the bottom and screamed bloody murder.”

“I was not aware you were such a fan?”
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Quality hi-five posting:
Aurilie Alde wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:48 pm

While she recognized the gesture, it was certainly unusual. Those things that the other Houses down the mountain tend to do. She held a hand up to show that she wasn't that lame, at least. "Yes, victory. Good showing, my ally."
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Garth Thul wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:40 pm
Nudimsu wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:17 pm
"Something like that. Someone let the Bitch know we got a high priority target on board."
Garth contemplates patching Lana through on the comms as requested, but thinks better of it.

After all, from his own personal experiences with Nudi, it's never dull, but nor is it exactly a mellow environment.
Well played.