An area for relaxing from duties, capable of producing liquor and spirits for various sentients and often has live music.
Pipka

[D7, MN] The G.O.A.T.

Post by Pipka »

The night was young and so was he. After a hard day of work, Pipka took advantage of a lull to visit the Cantina. He'd heard rumors it was poppin' off at night, a lot of people in Echo Base needing to blow off some steam. He also heard they'd gotten an old Swoop Racer II up and running. That wasn't his game of choice, but he'd make due.

Wearing his gamer gear and drinking his gamer fuel (a thermos of cafcoa), there was nothing left but to show them what perfection looked like.

Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Garth Thul

Re: [D7, MN] The G.O.A.T.

Post by Garth Thul »

"Careful now son." Came a voice from across the cantina, large hat resting over his face as he dozed.

"That li'l miss c'n ruin yer day lahk it were nobody's bus'ness if ye let her. Jus' be glad there's no height restriction fer that ride."
Naval Officer * Human * Pilot * Force User * Blissful Betrothal * Massive Dork

Languages: Basic, Aznuri, Binary
Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak
Vehicles: Orosini Sparrow, Tallulah

Often seen with Major Miyi Thul.
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

"Let's see what I can do here."

Hacha looks over the system and smiles at the patterns that he can see. "Combining piloting and computer generated obstacles huh?"

Hacha picks the hardest mode. It isn't pretty, but he manages to get through it to the end.

G.O.A.T.-Swoop Bike Race-Hell Mode-Computers-Lol, rolled too many diff dice: 2eP+4eA+4eC+2eD 2 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

After watching Hacha play, Pipka felt confident he could do better. He handed his chocolate martini to Hacha, "Hold my drink, I've got this."

Pipka took his seat and started up the game. He should've listened to 'drunk Nudimsu' dozing at the bar with a hat over his face and taken into account the height difference. Without adjusting the seat, Pipka could barely reach the controls. The course was a lot harder than he expected and the before he knew it, he crashed and burned...

He got up from Swoop Racer II, took his glass back from Hacha, and saddled up on a stool, his head just peaking above the bar. "Next time Swoop Racer, next time."

D7, MN, The G.O.A.T, Pilot(Planetary), Hell Mode: 1eP+5eA+4eC+2eD 0 successes, 3 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
-30 points
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
description
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Garth nods approvingly at Hacha's efforts and even offers the Duros a slow, but sincere round of applause.

"Y' got some skills Hacha. Mebbe Nudi needs t' watch out fer his job." He jokes before getting out of his seat and wandering closer.

"This li'l girl's older sister's the one what got me inta racing in th' first place. Ah think we got some unfinished business me an' her." Garth starts creepily monologuing as he strokes the game console caringly.

Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak

Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

"Real life enemies aren't kind enough to follow reproducible patterns that I can memorize." Hacha replies. "And somehow has to keep her going every time she crashes."
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

A shrill voice sounds out from under the bar where Pipka has slumped down out of sight, "Hey Hacha, is it just me, or did Nudimsu turn into a human when he's been drinking?"

He pops up a little, holding onto an empty glass, [Cheunh] "Vun'bicn Prirnu'dim'suazzo, Ch'ah nah rseo vah tuzir ehe'ah ch'a vuhn."
description
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

"Tha Lord of blue actin' human? Even iffit costs me a months salary t' pay Countess Lamar fer tha drinks, ah havta see that."

Garth raises a pretend glass in salute to Pipka and replies with something made up, in totally not Cheunh.

Pru'choc dra'kkkulo huminahuminahumina p'tang.

Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Pipka raises his glass to salute and goes in for a sip, only to find disappointment. "You sound really funny drunk Nudimsu, I didn't understand a word you just said. And you get onto me about my grammar.

Why don't you stop courting the thing before Lana gets jealous and play the darned thing? Show us those piloting skills!"
description
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Perching his hat atop the games casing, Garth reaches for the controls and slides into the seat.

"Now y'all can't just rush th' girl, gotta warm her up first. This here is a diff'rent approach to Hacha's, they equally valid, but ah like t' take mah time wi' the process."

And saying such, Garth slips the machine back to Normal mode from the hellscape Pipka was engaging with.

D6 MN Swoop Racer Normal mode PILOTING: 2eP+3eA+2eD+3eF 3 advantage, 3 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

(LS for success 330 points on normal))

After he crosses the finish line, in a disappointing, but still division leading time, Garth pats the machine and retrieves his hat.

"Looks like they made a few improvements between versions."

Pipka

Post by Pipka »

"Ah, I see you've been listening to my advice. Might have even read one of Jerri's books I lent you?"

He hops down from his stool, leaving the empty glass behind, and saunters over to Swoop Racer II. "Now, let me show you how a real lady's man treats her."

After his run on Hell mode, Pipka approached with less cockiness and more caution, despite his words. It paid off with an outstanding runtime.

D7, MN, The G.O.A.T, Pilot(Planetary), Normal Mode: 1eP+5eA+2eD 5 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
780 Points
description
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

"That's the way Pipka." Garth congratulates the new record holder with a hearty slap on the back.

"Yer one quick learner that were one helluva show."

Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Pipka looks at Garth oddly after the pat on the back, "Wait a minute... I'm starting to think you're not a drunk, transforming Nudimsu at all." He sniffs vigorously, "Yeah, you don't smell right either..." He holds his arms up, gesturing for a hug.
description
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

"Not 'nuff eau de goat?" Garth quips with a smile as he leans in for the hug.

"Member the crazy bitch what ripped off th' Sabot? I was yer temp pilot fer th' day, still not sure how t' dodge an attack like that..."

Pipka

Post by Pipka »

After Garth leaned down for the hug, then Pipka knew for certain, "Yeah, you're not Nudimsu. I thought you had just been drinking a little that day and tonight.

I don't think I've ever known Nudimsu to let anyone else pilot the Turtle. Whenever I ask him to teach me some cool piloting moves, he goes on and on about how the last time someone else flew the Turtle, it got all banged up."
description
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Garth just shrugs nonchalantly.

"Ah think it were more his ego hurt than th' ship. Th' Senator an me were busy bein big damn heroes, an well, Nudi weren't there t' fly her. Besides big hero work leaves big damage bills unfortunately."

Garth turns to Hacha and iffers a crooked grin.

"Ah hope she weren't too badly beat up, ah tried t' dodge the worst of it."