An area for relaxing from duties, capable of producing liquor and spirits for various sentients and often has live music.
Riss

Captain Squared [Day 7, ME]

Post by Riss »

Some quick chatting earlier to plan things together, Riss invited the captain Bozr Thesk, among other names, to check out the cantina put together by the refugee's. In some part because it's been a far too long time since she's set foot in a cantina. Though it certainly lacked that particular air of 'antone might shoot you at any time for a wrong look.' Which, admittedly, did lessen some of the feeling like a homecoming.

Sat in her booth she waits, occasionally tapping twice at the edge of the table without much thought.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Re: Captain Squared [Day 7, ME]

Post by Bozr Thesk »

Bozr arrived, taking in the simple sights of the cantina. He sat across from her in the booth and said, “Who’s buying?”
Gun for Hire | Many Talents | Charming | Professional | Marksman | Captain of the Vestige

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Me," she says, with a slight smirk. Raising her hand to wave over at a peppy young lass near the bar she signals the girl to bring over a little tray of drink, and even a bowl of pretzels or something similar to snack on. Riss pauses briefly to thank the girl profusely, and give her a warm reception to remember and get her through the rest of her day.

When she was off, she looks back to her companion with a rather satisfied looking expression. "I'm sorry, by the way. Thought on it a bit- and I got pushy with you cause I was in a bad way, been in a bad way. Not why I asked you here- but not gonna leave that unsaid, mm?" she offers with a slightly softer smile.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

"Already space under the hyperlane," he responded.
Gun for Hire | Many Talents | Charming | Professional | Marksman | Captain of the Vestige

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Good- anyway," she says, and even goes so far as to pour from the glass they were brought into the two smaller glasses for drinking. Nice little affair, and Cipher-5 was certain tl notice the bottle looked very similar to the class of bottle that Riss had stored on her ship.

"I wanted to talk more about what our next steps might be? But first.. any word on what we talked about.. oh.. that day I went at you for being a-" she doesn't say it, just smiles. "My brother, and also that business with the Immortal?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

"I relayed the message to my contacts, it's in their hands now," he said honestly.

"As for the rest we move forward and stay the course we already set. It's how I achieve my mission, anyway."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Which you won't say what it really is.." she says, tapping her finger twice on the top of the counter. "How do you get your objectives anyway? Mysterious carrier mynock or like.. secret backroom handshakes? Do you see the person physically?" she asks all in a line for seemingly a particular reason, suspicion about something as it were. Cocking her head to the side she does add her own little playfulness to it.

"Oh! They shave secret messages into the side of a nerf!" she was rather proud of that one.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

"It's not all that secret, I get my mission objective and then given leave to complete it, usually with little oversight," he responded.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Okay, but how- like.." she gestures vaguely with her free hand, looking unrefined while simultaneously having a somewhat delicate hold on her own glass.

"Home base? Or do they message you somehow?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

"Lets move on to another topic," he said casually. "I had not been down here, strangely enough, it's not bad. I guess it gives people a sense of normalcy."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss has that look in her eye that precedes her pushing harder every time, but her hand moves first and she taps twice against the table top. Clicking her tongue she looks away for a moment, "Sorry."

"Kriff, just been having something on my mind. Tryna figure it out," she sighs, and takes a drink. "Anyway.. how about this heist, you thinking we're gonna hear anything soon? Survive long enough to even finish it," she chuckles, a touch grimly but maybe only cause she knows others don't have the kinda certainty she seems to wield for the unlikeliness of her demise.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

"I don't think Beezlediz will just up and stop now, he's a greedy lout, he wants it all," he replied.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Well, I doubted that.." she says, drifting off on a thought she slumps forward onto her palm, elbow wedged against the table. Tapping away at the surface with soft taps that sorta take up some space in the room despite the quietness.

"Hey, does the name HYDRA ring any bells?" she asks, quirking an eye up toward him.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

"Another man in a different port," he joked.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss humored him, barely, by sticking out her tongue and shaking it with the "mlehhhh" sound. Sobering from that moment she rights herself, "Seriously though. One of the Jedi was talking about it, rogue AI or somethin' that wants this thing out of the pirates vault. Same thing.. I'm guessing you're probably after, actually after," she says looking to him with that meaning.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

"Actually no, but consider me intrigued, what do you know about this machine?" he asked.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

Spark of interest in her own eye, a tumble of a concern for the possibility, a shake of her head, "Okay, HYDRA supposedly it's some rogue ancient AI one of these Jedi had interactions with in the past. They uncovered that it's looking into the pirates vault for this object.." she says, narrowing her eyes are her own resting glass she taps twice on the table.

"An object another woman," she says, a touch more unsteadily, "Vidara Rist is supposedly after as well. HYDRA seems to have a man working for her to get this Black Codex- in our conversation the Jedi suspects that Beezlediz is the inside man for this AI but-" she taps on the table twice again, steadying herself.

Looking up, meeting his eye, she says very carefully, "I.. okay maybe it's crazy? But with all this holo-vid spy stuff going on I kinda wondered.. what if it was you?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

"What if what was me?" he said a bit confused. "Sorry I didn't follow the complete train of crazy there."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"First off-" she says, holding up a hand. "I accept that, but also kriff yourself. Second," she puts her hand back down, "I just.. you know, uh.. folk like you? They always show like those death drop.. dead fall?" she shakes her head. "Where they leave the message somewhere and the person comes to pick it up later? Missions and such! They got a separation between the person giving, and the person accepting- Right? - so, what if a hyper advanced droid thing was able to cut into that little connection? They take your orders and replace them for their own ends or whatever?"

Holding a pause a moment before he can reply immediately, "Okay look-" she puts a hand on her chest- "I'm not a super sexy gal who was trained forever to be a vague bastard when it comes to questions, I'm super sexy but irrelevant," she waves her hand. "You know this kriff better than me but.. I'm tryna help?" she offers, a smile and shrug combination that was a little endearing.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

"Oh you think the AI is playing me?" he said calmly. "Possible but doubtful, what I want isn't in the vault, I just need the money for my main objective."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Was a thought," she offers, a touch sheepishly. Taking up her drink she glances around the cantina while the thought builds itself into something real.

"Do you think it'll matter? Your mission that is. Even after all of this? I mean, if you're gonna keep fighting for it would be quite the waste of time otherwise. Hope it helps folk or.. whatever," she says, tone as uncertain as the words. Sighing, "Do you need help with it?" she asks, looking back to him. "Getting what you want, that is."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

"It might require backstabbing Beezlediz, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it," he responded.

"As for worth it, it's my mission, I'll do it because that's what I do."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Awww, but I really like backstabbing slimey gamblers.." she says, toying with the rim of her glass with the tip of a finger. Smirking slightly, she shakes her head, "Well. You need something, you ask- or nudge, or whatever. I uh.. was mostly joking when I said that I was only in this to spite the White Maw originally but honestly that's all I really know this is for now. Galaxy winding up as it is, mm?"

Elbow on the table, head in hand. One hand still playing with the glass Riss slouches forward into the conversation a little, "Enough of that though. I want.." she says, tapping the edge of the glass twice. "Was that woman you told me about, the one who died but got married before and you lost her. Was that real or just some tale you spun to give your character a little more oomph?" she asks, looking up to him from underneath her brow. "Gotta say, if it was a yarn that was a pretty good sell."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

"It was a real story, old story, best lies have the truth in them," he acknowledged.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"What was she like?" she asks, that flicker of earnest interest sparkling in the eye. Flicker of a smile, "What'd you like about her?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."