A dedicated clean area for medical operations including surgery and kolto baths.
Cynella Alde

(D8 EA) You Owe Me... Nothing

Post by Cynella Alde »

Cynella cradled Jan's rifle almost as much as she had done for her own babies. It seemed like the closest thing the Director had to a child, at least for the time being. Trailing behind was Jo'ren who presumably never wanted any help with carrying Jan due to his massive muscles.

"We need help for her. Immediately!" Cynella put down the rifle close to the operating table. "She's stable but only for now."
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Jan Melmoar

Re: (D8 EA) You Owe Me... Nothing

Post by Jan Melmoar »

NZzi.jpg
NZzi.jpg (12.43 KiB) Viewed 893 times
"Director?!?!"
A familiar looking Chiss barges her way through the chaos of the medbay, eyes widening at the broken and bleeding form in Jo'Ren's arms.
"What- No, it doesn't matter. Get her up on the operating table, you."
Pointing a finger at Cynella.
"I need two-three shots of Kolto, a stapler and 50cc of Petraxian adrenaline now."
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Bombs. Directors. Some days Jo'ren empathised with mules.

"She basically survived a fight with Mandalore. Barely. We pumped her full of stims but she's gonna be feeling this for the rest of her days." Very cautiously the giant of a Sith placed Jan down onto the operating table.

"Need me to do anything or just get outta your way?"
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Stuff: Armour of the First Wrath, Universal door openers, Thermal cloak.
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"Wait did we kill a Mandalorian or the... Whatever." Cynella went through the medbay, following the labels for all that was required for her.
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"Help hold her down, there's a real risk her cybernetics will start misfiring from all the damage, if she doesn't die first."

N'Zzi takes a scalpel and starts efficiently slicing off the ruins of Jan's armour, her face darkening as the extent of the damage became apparent. Her torso had born the brunt of it and it was clear that own Cynella's quick application of stims had kept the director alive long enough to reach medical care.

Wasting no time she begins disinfecting the wounds, before she can close them, thankfully most are cauterized by blaster fire and the mysterious healing magic of kolto works overtime. Still, from the grimace on her face its not good news, although the heart rate monitor at the table's side stops alternating between ominous gongs and a cha-cha.

The whole time Jan's arms have been twitching while her left sparks dangerously, N'Zzi barking out a curse as she hurriedly plays around with the electronics within.

Day 8 EA, Healing hard crit, N'Zzi, medbay and assist: 6eA+2eB+3eD 0 successes, 8 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sadly, the arms seem far too complicated to be fixed right now.

Day 8 EA, Healing daunting crit, N'Zzi, medbay and assist, 4 blue dice from previous advantage: 6eA+6eB+3eD 3 successes, 6 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Although she is able to stabilize Jan.

The Director's eyes slowly flicker open and she blurrily looks at those gathered around the table.
"So, I'm not dead?"
A sharp pang radiates up from her chest and she looks down, her already pale face draining of any colour.
"Well, that's not good."
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Lucinia Malveaux

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

Her dress burned and still lightly covered in debris, a wild-eyed Lucinia pushed her way into the room. Those who didn't know Luci that well might think that the red around her eyes was from crying. The red at the rim of her nose and the corners of her mouth might be a bit harder to explain. Jan, at least, would know exactly what they meant.

"Jan..." She whispered, her voice taut. A quick suspicious look at the others, her gaze softening somewhat as she realized they must have brought her here. But they saw her weakness... later. Later.

Swallowing, Luci pushed her way forward, finding Jan's hand with one of hers. Meeting her gaze. Managing just a smile. "You... I..." She swallowed again. "I was rather worried, my dear." Her jaw clenched briefly as it passed over the damage to her body, then relaxed as it went back to her eyes.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

Cynella had done her part in the recovery, meager as her abilities were. And when the Director resumed consciousness, all she wanted to do was apologize for failing.

Lucinia's approach, however, stopped her from such. Instead, she thought she would appeal to Sith (and Czerka?) ideals. "The mission is done. Jo'ren only suffered superficial damage after you went down."

Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:58 pm
Snip.
Jan just holds Luci's hand and looks back at her for a few long quiet moments, there's the faintest trace of a smile through all the pain.
"It's alright Luci, I'm not going anywhere, I'm here."
Weakly smirking.
"I just hope you find scars dashing."
Cynella Alde wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:08 pm
Snip
Jan rolls her head back to look at Cynella.
"Well, that at least is good. I'd hate to be in a wheelchair for the rest of my life for nothing."
She pauses and takes a steadying breath before adding.
"But I appreciate you getting me out, saving my life, that sort of thing."

And finally to her assistant.
"N'Zzi, remind me what I pay you?"
"Not nearly enough."
"Mmmmhm, well whatever that is, double it."
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Jo'ren nodded to Lucinia and politely ignored her moment of weakness. It was a trying time after all. He gave them time for their reunion and Cynella's status report.

"I got him for you Jan. Kriff, I've never seen anyone take those sorts of hits and keep standing. Guys bones must have been made of Beskar." He shook his head. Merc had to have been some sort of crazy veteran. "You're welcome though. Getting in there without you would have been a serious challenge. We made a good team."

That was a pretty large compliment from the big guy.
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Jo'ren Rath wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:36 am
Jo'ren nodded to Lucinia and politely ignored her moment of weakness. It was a trying time after all. He gave them time for their reunion and Cynella's status report.

"I got him for you Jan. Kriff, I've never seen anyone take those sorts of hits and keep standing. Guys bones must have been made of Beskar." He shook his head. Merc had to have been some sort of crazy veteran. "You're welcome though. Getting in there without you would have been a serious challenge. We made a good team."

That was a pretty large compliment from the big guy.
"Oh he could die? Well, that's something. I feared he was still out there building a new sith empire. I'm very impressed."
She tries her best but can only shoot a very weak and off-target finger gun.

"A great team. Mission accomplished and we all went home, most of me anyway. Remind me to buy you a drink once I've sourced a new liver."
Lucinia Malveaux

Luci smirked. "I do find scars dashing, in fact. And cybernetics. What can I say, I'm a woman of particular tastes."

She looked at the others, settled on Jo'ren. "I except I have you to thank for bringing her back, Lord Rath?" She asked, giving him a nod.
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Jan Melmoar wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:51 am
"A great team. Mission accomplished and we all went home, most of me anyway. Remind me to buy you a drink once I've sourced a new liver."
A passable finger gun was given in reply. "Sounds good. There's always Sith alchemy." Although you never wanted to ask too many questions about that.
Lucinia Malveaux wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:27 am
She looked at the others, settled on Jo'ren. "I except I have you to thank for bringing her back, Lord Rath?" She asked, giving him a nod.
"It was a team effort." He flexed one arm, then the other, and grinned. "But yeah, and Cynella here and an ortolan called Bizi Wiz, you heard me, helped too."

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"You give me too much praise," Cynella said. The smile she flashed was the one practiced ten thousand times before. "I should have done more for you, Director Melmoar. For that, I must apologize."

Lucinia Malveaux

"Is that so?" Lucinia looked at Cynella, one eyebrow raised. "Well then, it seems I must thank you as well. Nellie." Lucinia's aristocratic tones had perfect deadpan sincerity.

She looked back to Jan. "I could tell something had happened. I'm just glad it wasn't worse." Her lips pulled back into a feral almost-smile. "Our enemies should be glad it wasn't worse, too."
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"Cynella, darling. I think you did considerably more than expected, you are not a typical example of the feudal aristocracy."
Something Jan made sound like a particularly significant compliment before she turns back to Luci.

"You sensed it? I'm - that must have been unpleasant."
She shakes her head slightly realising Lucinia's usual refinement is ever so slightly more post explosion than usual.
"I thought I saw an explosion on the horizon, but I was also hallucinating my childhood and Bizi as my drill sergeant. Did that happen? Did you blow something up? Of course I would end up with the only woman capable of causing more damage than myself, and who looks better doing it."
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

Their words, even though they rang sincere, did not bring a smile to her face. It wasn't even the snide parts in them. Much of her craved some sort of anger, some sort of retribution, for her failure. But her core knew that she couldn't drag them in to validate her existence. They were happy to be alive, just as she was.

At some point, she needed to find her wife. She planned on letting reports go along to Aurilie.

"Thank you. I wish that this battle would be enough to dissuade them from a full-scale war. Such is far too optimistic, though."

Lucinia Malveaux

"There is only one way to dissuade them." Luci said darkly, her jaw clenching noticeably.

She tilted her chin upwards. "Yes. I went to defend the power plant with a few others. The technological abilities of this Eternal Empire are impressive. Their firepower overwhelming, and their armor nearly impregnable. We were clearly overmatched."

Her lips curled up just a little, at the corners. "But I showed them the power of the Dark Side. I only wish there had been more there to feel my wrath."
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"Of course Luci, they only learnt too late. I'm sure there will be plenty more lining up to learn though."
Jan grimaces as another wave of pain starts radiating out from her wounds.

"But for now I must beg some rest and more of those delightful painkillers. I suspect I'll be needed to hobble off to something equally dangerous tomorrow."
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"But of course," Cynella said, bowing in a proper aristocratic fashion. "Though the Jedi and Sith are of opposing ideologies, I am gladdened that your wrath is directed towards the armies of Zakuul."

Maybe if she comprehended how many adorable elephant people died, then she'd be more upset. But for now, she was content with their arrangement.