A dedicated clean area for medical operations including surgery and kolto baths.
Omandri Rist

[D7 EN] As the World Caves In (closed)

Post by Omandri Rist »

Riss would have recieved a message:
time to talk? Im finishing up in the medbay if you do.
He'd been there for several hours attending the patients that they could fit in the area, the more critical cases that needed more supervision and equipment for their care. They hadn't lost anyone for a couple days, a rare blessing. He was hoping to get some of these beds freed up before tomorrow, things were about to get dicey.

He stood at the foot of a bed reading over the chart of an Unconscious patient, traumatic head injury from falling debris.
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Riss

Re: [D7 EN] As the World Caves In (closed)

Post by Riss »

Riss would step just inside the entry doorway, hands linked behind her back. Shifting just inside she leans up against the little space of wall where she can find a spot before the medical cabinets begin, and from her watches him sorta quietly. Not that she made the quietest entrance, only taking advantage of the fact that it was her initiative to have said something first but she ceded it.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He continued reviewing the chart for a moment making short taps of inputting codes for a while. As he nears finishing it she hears his voice "I wasn't aware you just liked to watch." The voice was friendly and teasing as he finalized his work.
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss' smirk instinctually rises but wanes quickly with a tinge of sourness, glancing away from Omandri and into the room at large. Breathing in deep Riss' shoulders rise up a bit to a more confident position than she'd held, putting herself back into stance, "You called, I came. What's up Omandri?" she asks, calmly and casually.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He finished and stowed the data pad at the foot of the bed and turned toward her. He looked tired most of the time these past couple weeks and now was no exception but that tiredness gave way to a friendly warmth when he say her "Hey Riss."

He stretched and nodded toward a office a few feet away "talk with a bit fewer ears about? Nothing serious." He said the last meaningfully.

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss nods, taking another quick look around the room before seeing herself first into his office. While Omandri catches up she does her best to make herself truly at home. Walking around, seeing what was done with the place. Only to finally make her way to the seat reserved for him within, taking it, and kicking her boots up onto his desk. Looking to him with that expectation of a dirtbag teen who was pulled in for a meeting.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

It was nothing overly impressive but it was a functional office desk, terminal, a couple of chairs, a few plasteel containers that had everything from the expected medical supplies to loose credits, he even found a blaster pistol in there at one point.

Omandri had added a few of his own things, a jacket Riss would know he made himself in his travelling days, some of his personal medical equipment and leaning up against the terminal was a photo of the two of them, as well as Kat and Gaul at one of the many Alderaanian balls from a few years ago.

Omandri walked in after her and smiled shaking his head a little "Well I see you've made yourself at home." He chuckles grabbing another chair turning it around so the would be back was now facing Riss. Omandri sat down straddling the back and laying his arms across top. He took a deep breath and gave her a grin that spoke to one relaxing for the first time in many hours. He ran a hand through his hair "I swear these refugees are gonna be the death of me."

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

"I'm sure they will be the death of more than just you," she says with a sassy inch to her tone, cocking her head a little to the side she cocks up her brow. "So.. what exactly is it you're avoiding getting into with all this settling down talk mmm? Or do you just really want me to ask you what's up again? Cause I can-" she holds up a hand to give him pause, to let her speak, "What's up, Omandri?" She chuckles.

"See, like that."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri shook his head "Nothing I'm avoiding Riss. I told you it's nothing serious, I meant what I said last time we spoke. I'm not looking to talk about anything we've already gone over."

He nodded to his desk "in the top drawer there." If she opened it she'd see a flask a bit on the large side "You turned it down last time and feel free to do so again but with tomorrow being the start of what I'm assuming will be a very lengthy war" He trailed off a bit before gathering up again "Well I know you don't think you're ever going to die" He tone was a mix of amused, teasing and maybe a bit of admiration "but not all of us are so optimistic." He chuckled.

"Tonight might be one of the last peaceful nights we get for a long time and" He shrugged "If we make it through this, we'll have plenty of time to figure this out, plenty of time for hard talks then."

He sat up a bit, his smile small, little more than a grin but warm "but for now, for our last peaceful night, i cant think of anyone id rather have a drink with."

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

Sliding open the drawer, she does take the flash into her hand- admiring it for a moment in thoughtful contemplation. Eyes flitting back up to Omandri she smirks slightly, shaking her head at the thought, "I don't actually think I'm never gonna die, ya know? Just.." she says, setting the flask up onto the desk in front of her while sliding her feet from the desk in the same motion to sit upright. "I know that it'll happen- but when it does, it doesn't really matter. Not gonna stop myself from making the choices I want to make just cause it might bring me closer or further from the thing that'll get me in the end," she says, her fingers collecting up a couple of the glasses and sliding them toward her. Readying to pour the drinks but stopping, looking around for ice.

"We drinking this straight, or we getting a couple rocks for it to sink onto?" she asks, almost shifting gears entirely.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He smirks "I know Riss." He says in a way that says more than the words do as does the look he gives her.

He leans back one hand gripping the top of the chair as he reaches for a container pops it open and pulls out a little thing of ice "good thing about a planet like this ice is always in good supply." He says with a little grunt, he almost loses his balance and fails a little before catching himself. He let's out a breath that had been held in a whoosh and sets the container down "but its dealers choice on if you want to use it, tastes pretty good either way." He said smiling as he settled himself.

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

Watching him carefully, she collects up a couple cubes for herself and tossing them quickly into her glass. Hand hovering over the option of grabbing more for Omandri's own, but she leaves her hand resting there as if to ask the question of if he wanted them or not without actually asking.

"You okay?" was the more important question to voice after Omandri's little bit of effort.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He nodded "please." He said seeing her already getting the glasses ready.

"If you mean my near fall yeah I'm fine, if you mean in a grander scheme." He waved a hand around in an aimless gesture "then well I'm about as good as I can ask for given the circumstances."

He had grabbed the flask while she grabbed the ice and poured an amber colored liquid into her glass and then his own "you?" He reflected the question as he poured.

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Meant the near fall," she says, a muted smirk as she glances away for a moment but focuses on getting their drinks prepared as well. With the glasses finished, she pulls hers closer and nudges his own toward him. Settling into her chair with a sigh she looks up to the ceiling.

"I'm.. fine. Here? Everything is entirely crazy but what point of my life hasn't been? Things feel a little clearer lately.. a little more.." she looks down at her glass, giving it a shake of her wrist. "I think being so close to the edge has made certain things very clear to me. What matters. Do you know that mercenary Captain who was signed on with us? Captain Bozr Thesk?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri took his drink and nodded "you mentioned him a while back." He lifted the glass and took a sip settling onto the back of the chair looking to her intently seeing where she was going with this.

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

"He's a Cipher agent, Imperial," she says, and takes a drink while watching Omandri's reaction.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri frowned a touch "Interesting, should have uncovered that when I vetted all the members of the republic delegation."

Then he shrugged "but I guess ultimately doesn't matter unless his mission is something that will end up hurting the Republic."

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

"It's not, his words. I.. believe him," she says, dancing around that word trust. Glancing down away from Omandri at the thought. Looking across the room like it has some kind of answer there.

Breathing in, she exhales slow, "Omandri.. you know I've always cared for you, right? In my own way- sure but, whatever. Just- whatever else happens you do know that right?" she asks, looking to him earnestly.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He smiles softly looking down into his drink before looking up to her and nodding "Yeah I know Riss. I've made no secret of how I feel about you too."

He took a drink "How is this Cipher related to how you care about me?"

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

"It's all just a jumble.." she says, chuckling with that leading to it that more was coming, or was present behind the words.

"Cipher-5.. I think has something to him, something good. Chances are he'll choose to die over some kriff the Empire sold him, and just-" she waves her hand, rolling her eyes. "Whatever. I don't know what he really wants there. Your kriffing sister wants the Black Codex, and- kriffing hell that's a boogieman sorta thing to want. This AI wants it too? It's just supposed to be a fun little job for revenge," she says, but it was never just that, "and it feels like everyone's got their eyes on it."

"Some kriff is going down, I don't know who in that room K will care about but it definitely won't be your sister and things are gonna get dangerous fast. Anyway.. if it wasn't for Aurie being there I'd be loving and loving this chaos with my whole heart but," she shrugs, and drains her glass setting it down before the ice melts.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri smirks and lifts the flask wordlessly asking if she wants a refill "Riss when was the last time either of us had anything close to resembling "a fun little job?" He says chuckling a little

But then a sigh comes out "this one did get pretty big pretty fast though." He settled a bit "as far as the Cipher goes, I'm sure he has something good in him, most people do, might even follow through but when you're in there you know the only one you can trust is Aurie." He thought for a moment "I know it's going to be dangerous, but at the end do what it takes to get back here. You and Aurie both, she isn't the only one that has people waiting on her." He says taking a long drink

"and as far as my sister goes, do what you need to." He says into his glass.

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Huh.." she says, a small smirk crossing her features of a particular brand that rarely meant pleasure. Staring down at the rim of her glass she raises it up and her eyes come with it. Breathing in deep she settles back fuller against the chair.

"Funny how life does that, mm?" she says, chuckling a little. "I do all this work talking to Jedi and.. crazy force women, and all sorts of folk to try and figure out how not to kill your sister. Now.. tacit approval? Damn," she chuckles a little. "Crazy huh?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri shook his head "it's not like that. Its..."He sighed shaking his head again slower "it's not like I want you to but when you're there, on the job, I dont want you to hesitate and someone else get hurt, you to get hurt. You just talked about it, how dangerous it'll be. I'm not talking about revenge, that rarely works well, I'm talking about doing what you need to do to get our people out in one piece." He took a long breath of his own.

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

"I know," she says, that smirk quirking up again. Tapping her glass' edge on the desktop in a thoughtful manner. "Just.. you know when you say rarely that does mean sometimes it does, right? I could be the one Omandri, the one where it quite actually solves all of our problems-" she says, leaning in a little as she looks to him with intent hidden behind those eyes.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He nods not backing away as she leans closer "you're not wrong, problem is you won't know until after and usually when it doesn't work it just makes it worse." He said meeting her eyes.

Description|Theme