A dedicated clean area for medical operations including surgery and kolto baths.
Durasay Mixo

[ME3] Scrubbing for Surgery [Opportunity]

Post by Durasay Mixo »

It was important to get the medical facility back to fully operational. The Pantoran consulted a datapad, before looking over the mess of the place. His lips were drawn in a hard line, taken by the exact nature of disarray.

"Kriff, what a mess..."
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force | Confident
Carries: Lightsaber, Modded Heavy Battle Armor, Cascader, Utility Belt
"All journeys end..."
Omandri Rist

Re: [ME3] Scrubbing for Surgery [Opportunity]

Post by Omandri Rist »

It har been one hell of a day and Omandri was physically, emotionally, and mentally drained. However there was a medway that needed attention, and being the resident doctor it was only right that he would be there helping to get it ready.

He nodded to the Pantoran he knew by reputation "Durasay, glad to see someone else cares about this medbay opening." He said in a friendly tone though he couldn't quite keep the exhaustion from his voice as he observed the room.
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

"Well, if we get into trouble, we'll need to get patched up, quick." He nodded to the Duke. "It'll benefit everyone involved if we can get this place cleaned up and ready to receive patients."

He smiled a bit. "Don't kill yourself. It'll be a long mission if you burn the candle at both ends."
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force | Confident
"All journeys end..."
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys enters as well, tucking her tough armored gloves into her belt. They might be useful if she needs to move something big or messy, but it's warm enough in the base now that she doesn't need to wear them all the time, thank goodness.

"Duke Rist." She nods in greeting, lips curving in a slight smile. "No surprise to find you here. Hello, Mr. Mixo. How much snow do we need to shovel before we can move our remaining casualties in here, do you think?"

---
Sorry for the delay! Beginning of semester meetings et my brain today :oops:
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

"I'm willing to bet three speeder trucks full." He tsked, looking to the Jedi. Memories flashing back to Bankor, to the mission. "Master Carrack, it's good to see you again. Slightly better circumstances this time. Only slightly." He shrugged.

"Any ideas on where to start?"

"All journeys end..."
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"Good to see you again too. Hm. Actually, we've been shot at together, which I believe puts us on first-name terms according to Republic military code," she says, the corners of her mouth curling up again. "If you'd prefer."

She paces over to a shadowy corner that might contain a kolto tank mounting--no tank, of course--and nudges a slumping pile of gray ice with the side of her boot. "Better than the spaceport on Alderaan? I suppose it's true, no one is currently trying to kill us at this precise moment. Weather's worse, though."

--
We still have 48 hours, so waiting a bit is probably fine!
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

"Whichever you're comfortable with, Tethys." He grinned. "Under fire twice. If it happens one more time, in Pantoran culture, we'd be adding another of these," he pointed to the markings on his cheek. "The bright yellow would suit you."

"Weather being worse actually might make it about even. Because it'll kill us here without any feeling. If I'm getting shot at, at least I know it's cause I stood up to a bully."
"All journeys end..."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Durasay Mixo wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:23 pm
He smiled a bit. "Don't kill yourself. It'll be a long mission if you burn the candle at both ends."
He smiled back at Durasay "I'll be alright, just been a long day so far. To pile onto a rough couple of days."

He greeted Tethys with a smile as she joined them.

The other two spoke of shared history and Omandri took some time to look about seeing what they would need to work on

He turned to them "Well we need to get started getting equipment cleaned and functional as possible, some technical knowledge, some pure elbow grease." He said

He went about cataloging things they needed to do using a lot of his knowledge from medical school and some manuals left behind regarding the more technical elements

-------------------
D3 ME med bay renewal stim application int hard medicine: 2eP+3eA+3eD 1 success, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Int +1 for encounter take 1 strain
Use adv to heal strain

D3 ME med bay renewal education hard: 2eP+4eA+3eD 5 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Pass 1 fail 0
Last edited by Omandri Rist on Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

"Good, good. Let's get to work." He nodded as he saw the Doctor beginning to get things squared away. Seeing a group if enlisted servicemembers from the Republic, and some from the Sith crew, Durasay approached.

"You there. Organize into platoons, start getting this place squared away." His voice was more effective thanks to the Cascader, and the Force took any edge off his timbre that might have had a negative effect.

ME3 - Scrubbing for Surgery - Roll 2 - Leadership, Hard: 2eP+2eA+2eB+3eD+2eF 5 successes, 1 threat, 1 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Using the Light Side Pip for 1 advantage
Final Result: 5 successes

2/4 passes, 5 rolls remaining
"All journeys end..."
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"Eeeauuugghhh!" One of Durasay's draftees shrieks as he lifts a slumped and corroded container of some kind out of a corner niche and the whole back side of the thing gives way, disgorging a half-frozen slither of dark glop that the most optimistic of hopes could, at best, imagine to be some kind of ruined medicinal salve or machine lubricant, but to the most dreadful of fears looks more like a mass of unspeakable biological waste. The man drops the broken container and staggers away, a hand clapped over his mouth.

"Here, let me take care of that," Tethys says, grabbing a broom.

But the mess is worse than it looked from a safe distance, and the expression of visceral disgust that breaks across the Jedi's normally calm face as she starts working on it does not seem to be reassuring anybody. Also, since Tethys has to take several breaks to step away and breathe deeply before she can finish the job, it takes much longer than it ought to.

--

D3 ME--Base Renewal Medbay, Discipline/Hard: 2eA+2eP+3eD 1 failure, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Haha, well, had to happen eventually.

Boost the next person with those 2 Advantages. Maybe some of the helpers that ran away from Tethys started working on something else nearby... :lol:

2 passes/1 failure

Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

As the 'conscripts' got to work, the Pantoran saw a group from the Ortolan traders that had come through. He knew replacement parts would be needed.

So he cut a deal.

ME3 - Scrubbing for Surgery - Roll 4 - Negotiation, Hard: 1eP+3eA+1eB+3eD+2eF 1 success, 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Using both Light Side Pips for advantages

Final Outcome:1 success, 2 advantages. Converting the advantages to a boost for the next roller

Tally: 3/4 successes, 3 rolls remaining
"All journeys end..."
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Meanwhile, Tethys has fled the scene of the glopsaster (now mostly cleared away... mostly) and is working on replacing the dead wiring connecting the diagnostic bay sensors, part of her upper body intermittently hidden behind an open wall panel.

Omandri would probably be even better at it, but she's a capable electrician in a pinch.

--
D3 ME--Base Renewal Medbay, Mech/Hard, boost from Durasay: 2eA+2eP+1eB+3eD 3 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

And complete!