A dedicated clean area for medical operations including surgery and kolto baths.
Riss

Re: [D7 EN] As the World Caves In (closed)

Post by Riss »

Riss' gaze breaks, sweeping over the room as she leans back against the chair once more. "Mmm," is all the vocalizes. Kicking her feet back up onto the desk, glass held in her off hand, Riss stares at the ceiling not certain where to go from that point.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri sighed a little "that's enough about her though, she's controlled too much of us for too long." He lapsed into a silence and took another drink face thoughtful for a moment.

"Can I ask you another question? One that's kind of serious but I guess not so much in the grand scheme of things."
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss didn't verbally answer, just looking to Omandri with that open allowance granted by her not shutting him down.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He had waited for a moment but he took a breath "In all this time why don't you think we ever became a thing? We both care for each other, I made my feelings no secret, there's always been something here, why didn't we ever give it a go?" He spoke mostly into his drink but towards the end looked up to find her eyes.
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Easy answer?" she says, giving him a look that put all the cards on the table. "I wasn't ready for it. Maybe we could have worked if I wasn't.. if somehow I figured out how to be a better person earlier on. Just you.. Kat? You both make it look so easy most of the time," she says, a little wryness to her smirk. Shaking her head, taking a sip, "I've only once fallen in love with a man before, and that was with Dryden. We had everything I wanted at the time. My life was exciting," she sighs, with a touch of fondness for it, "I was such a glorious bitch you would have been awed," she chuckles.

"Dryden was hot, and the rules didn't apply to us. Spent few nights sober. Tried a lot of interesting things. Screwed over a lot of people. Betrayed, and was betrayed. Sounds.. probably awful to most, but I kriffing loved every second of it," she smiles. "Then the biggest betrayal. I found the slaves he was selling to the Empire. It was just me and the slaves on the ship, Dryden was away to collect the Imperial officer who would receive them. So.. I took the ship, the slaves, and ran. Never seen him since, don't really care to see him again either," she sighs, taking a good long thoughtful drink.

"Renamed the ship the Rimma Roundabout, became a smuggler for the Republic and tried to figure out how to be.. different. I'm just still not quite sure who I actually am, Omandri."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri thought for a moment listening taking a drink "but a lot of us spend so long trying to figure out who we are Riss. Kriff I'm definitely still figuring it out myself. Plus people hardly ever stay exactly the same we're always constantly changing and evolving I don't think being in the process of finding yourself means you have to do it alone."

"At the end of the day you're Riss, whether that's smuggler captain Riss, or Countess Riss Lanar or whatever else you might be someday you're still you. You're still that bright, caring, aamazing person who seizes what she wants and has a way of making people feel alive. Yeah you have your flaws, we all do, sometimes you can be impulsive or vain and a little self centered now and again but you're always still the Riss that I fell for."

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Thanks, Omandri," she says, though there is the warmth of the moment present Riss takes a subtle second to glance away. Letting a breath hit her she leans up and forward, finding herself back into her confidence she leans forward onto the desk. Propping her head up with a chin on her palm, "Been kind of insane being trapped in here with folk who will shout out at a public hearing that they have a right to murder people- and here I am still wondering if I'm a good person, mmm?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri chuckled "mhm." He agreed "you can get a little sidetracked seeing the bad but struggle to see the good in yourself." He commented taking another sip "not others though, most of the time you're pretty good at finding the good in people others wouldn't. It's an interesting skill."

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Helps to know who to go to for help when the chips are down," she adds, the touch of a smirk on her lip.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

"Yes it does." Another sip "I know there's few I'd rather have my back and you know if you ever need anything I've always got yours."

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

"I know, Omandri," she says with all the sincerity she can muster.

"We'll figure out your sister too, I hope. Still.. way things are going, don't forget to take care of yourself too yea? Lotta people would be a whole lot worse off if it wasn't for you. You're one of the better people I know- maybe even the best," she adds with the quirk of a smile.

"Just.. stay safe, mm? I'll be angry with you if you don't."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He smiled "I'll do the best I can. Only so many hands around here and a lot of work today. You might have to force me to rest every once in a while." He returned the smile.

"But the same goes for you too eh? Don't make me have to patch you back up just to kick your ass again." A teasing grin

"And maybe once we get this all figured out, get back to Alderaan, I could take you out to dinner? Actually make a run at this thing? Life's too short to wait for the perfect moment."

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

"I.. don't know, Omandri. I care for you, just-" she bites her lip a little. "I'm a pretty open kinda gal, you know? We can talk, share dinner, bang- whatever. I'm just not sure I can," she shrugs. "Maybe. If- if we wind up back and comfortable on Alderaan, maybe, that's.. not much but it's the best I got."

"You just need to understand I haven't been waiting for a perfect moment, it hasn't been anything like that. There's things I need to figure out still- and maybe I can't do that with you," she says, soft with sincerity but not quite able to look at Omandri so fully. Feeling that building sensation of just hurting him again in her gut.

"Could be someone else- someone else that I think will-" she shakes her head, and shrugs with a level of defeat that doesn't seem possible to hold in a shrug.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He reached out slowly looking to hook her chin with a finger and gently turn or lift or head to look at him. He was smiling softly "hey, don't worry Riss we can figure it out ok? I'm not looking to cage you, keep you all to myself. One of the things I love about you is the sense of freedom and energy you have. We've been friends for five years Riss, I've gathered you might not be a monogamous person." He spoke quietly in the space between them.

"And if there's someone else, I won't lie and say I wouldn't be sad and disappointed but I understand and I'll get over it. At the end of the day what I want more than anything else is for you to be happy." He let the hand fall away as he leaned on his elbows on the back of the chair.

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

Magnetic pull of warmth lead her a little closer, the little leap in the chest that wants things. In his hand, Riss was passive and followed along with the gentle direction willfully, the edge of a smile that wasn't quite worn but definitely there.

"Are.. you sure you still don't want to sleep with me?" she asks, the humor evident in her tone and the specific way her smirk quirks up.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

The hand hand at her chin brushed along the side of her face fingers running through long pink hair on the side of her head and palm coming to rest on the side of her neck fingers curling around on the nape.

His eyes met hers the smile on his lips easily reached his eyes "I never stopped wanting to Riss." He said matching her energy but with a little heat behind the words.

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

Feet still propped up on the desk, she was hardly in a position to move- but she wasn't quite intent on it. Eyes locking into his lips she smiles lightly but only a slight shift. Her focus more on the moment, on him, with that yearning to the waiting that could be read in the subtlest of ways across her features. One hand gently found it's way forward to touch his chest, and grip his shirt.

"Well?" she asks, her tone dripping.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

The hand on her neck would tighten and pull her a little forward as he leaned in pressing his lips to hers fiercely, passion and desire flowing into the kiss between them. His hand sliding from her from her the side to the back of her neck fingers moving into her hair as he pulls her deeper into the kiss.

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss rose to the touch, addictive as touch was. Allowing him in more, closer, and would soon- very soon- lose herself in the ecstasy of the moment...

/Ftb, scene?
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

/FtB

Thank you!

Description|Theme