An area for growing, through farming, or culturing, food.
Katarzyna Panteer

[D8 LE] Be The Dawn

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

(technically open)

With her palm outstretched before her, Kat let the small piece of kyber levitate just slightly above it. About the only level of telekinesis she was capable of.

She had known it would be hard, but she had not been truly prepared for what she witnessed today. In moments like these, it was... tempting, to give up hope. To fly home, grab Gaul and Vishani, find some out-of-the-place hole to hide away in until it all blew over. But if everyone did that, what would be left of the galaxy then, but despots and tyrants, squashing freedom? Sure, the Republic was not perfect. The Jedi Order far from it too. But she had stood by her decision to remain... because there were things worth fighting for there. There was good worth fighting for.

With this in mind, she closed her eyes and focused her breathing, finding her center before the task ahead of her. The worries of the future were put aside for the time being, and she looked to the current and the past. She recalled the guiding words and presence of master Syo, as he showed her each step and each little adjustment she needed to make. Her lightsaber had been with her for many years now, ever since she made it on Ilum half a lifetime ago.

But that was then, the end of an era, in a way. If there was going to be a new dawn, she too had to adapt to it. Starting with her weapon, marking her dedication to this path.

The process was smooth, elegant, with each piece working in harmony to come together as if it was meant to be that way.

A soft exhalation of breath. The task was done. Much faster than it had been the first time.

---------------

D8 Crafting a new lightsaber hilt. Mechanics/Intellect. +1B Custom Tools. Player destiny. Average difficulty.: 2eP+3eA+1eB+2eD 4 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

+3 Successes reduces crafting time to 3 hours (a little bit over 1 timeslot).
2 Advantages reduces cost by 50 credits.
Triumph for Fine-tuned Emitter.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Dapper Dog

Re: [D8 LE] Be The Dawn

Post by Dapper Dog »

"I wish I could say it gets easier, but this was just a taste of what they will be throwing at you, Kat. Shame what happened to the ortolan, they deserved better," she said holding her hands in front of her.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Katarzyna Panteer

Silently, she nodded at first. The lightsaber landed gently in the palm of her hand, each piece in place where it belonged. The feeling of the crystal that had been with her since her time on Ilum thrummed through the Force as their connection remained.

"They did. And I wish... I wish things could have gone differently," Kat sighed. "I had this foolish hope once that war was something we could put behind us. That the children could be spared of what we had to grow up with."

But it was not too late to spare them that life.

Placing the lightsaber in her lap, Kat reached out and touched the ghost's outstretched hands. "All things considered, hope still remains. It will always be there."
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Wars take lives even if there is a good reason to fight, lives will be lost. This was never going to end without a great deal of loss. I can feel it all across the galaxy, trillions of ripples... all colliding together," she said solemnly.
Katarzyna Panteer

"Yes..." she agreed with that same solemn tone.

"... I just," another deep breath, "I just hope it will all be worth it. From what I know of Zakuul - I believe in my gut instinct that is telling me that there is a great danger to us all in just bending the knee to them. That it threatens more than just our way of life."

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

Galen entered Hydroponics and looked around.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Katarzyna Panteer wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:24 am
"Yes..." she agreed with that same solemn tone.

"... I just," another deep breath, "I just hope it will all be worth it. From what I know of Zakuul - I believe in my gut instinct that is telling me that there is a great danger to us all in just bending the knee to them. That it threatens more than just our way of life."
She felt her hand before her presence was gone.
Katarzyna Panteer

Holding her hands there still, Kat felt the lingering presence of Resmi even if she was gone. It was warm, comforting. Much like a mother's or grandmother's embrace.

The hands closed together as she murmured her thanks, then looked up to see Galen. "Hey," Kat said softly, managing a smile. Mostly from relief to see he seemed safe and sound.

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"I'm glad to see your safe." he smiled. "I have a few things to tell you. I was able to contact Castle Panteer."
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Katarzyna Panteer

"Likewise, seeing you safe gives me relief and joy, Galen," she said, then with the news her eyes widened in surprise as well as a rekindled hope. "You did? How? How is everyone...?"

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"I only spoke with Jameela, but she seemed alright. Worried and a little shaken maybe, but alright." he explained. "She didn't say how anyone else was, but she said they didn't know what had happened to us. She did say Coruscant was under seige but didn't mention anywhere else. I did tell her you were alright."

Katarzyna Panteer

She sighed with some relief. If Jameela was alright, they were probably all alright... for sure, she probably would've said something if anything had happened to Gaul or the rest of the family.

"Thank you..." maybe Alderaan was still safe then. "How did you manage to get in touch with her? Off-world communications have been difficult, near impossible...?"

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"The White Maw wanted credits as tribute. More than we could offer here. I convinced them I could pay them more if they let me contact Alderaan." he explained. "Once it seemed clear we could pay them, they agreed to work for us."

Katarzyna Panteer

It wasn't a call she would have made, though she was uncertain if it was the right one. In the end though, Galen had made it, and... she accepted it, for what it was. It would be a small price to pay if it could save lives, she was certain the queen and her family would agree.

"You did well, Galen," she said, nodding. "We hope this will work out, and we find ourselves with some allies in the trials ahead. I'm proud of you."

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"It wasn't what I intended." he shrugged. "But, in the moment, I didn't see much else we could do, other than fight. It looks like there may be plenty of that ahead for us.".

Katarzyna Panteer

"Yes, that much is certain," she said, a grim feeling hanging over the moment. "This is just a glimpse of what will come, of the difficulties we must face."

"More than ever, it's important that we stand together and work together. This threat will be greater than all of us. That the pirates will be on our side is good... and hopefully the Gree will be too."

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

OOC: There's some retcon to do here. Galen made a second call. He was told everyone was fine, but contact had been lost with the core worlds, he explained things in more detail to Jameela, then lost contact. He came right here after that call.

Katarzyna Panteer

Galen Panteer wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:46 pm
"I'm glad to see your safe." he smiled. "I have a few things to tell you. I was able to contact Castle Panteer."
Katarzyna Panteer wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:54 pm
"Likewise, seeing you safe gives me relief and joy, Galen," she said, then with the news her eyes widened in surprise as well as a rekindled hope. "You did? How? How is everyone...?"

OOC: Guessing we can start over from here then.

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"Jameela said everyone was alright. And, I told about our situation. They didn't know what had had happened to us. She mentioned Coruscant being attacked and losing contact with the Core Worlds. The Republic fleets have been building up near Alderaan. There was to be an emergency council meeting in the morning." He paused, realizing he was babbling and knowing what he had to tell her. "Kat, I lost contact with her. The connection was broken and I couldn't reestablish it. No one would answer."

Katarzyna Panteer

At first she was incredibly relieved, knowing that Alderaan was still safe it seemed. Gaul and Vishani were alright, as were Jameela, Joran, Unther, and the queen. Hopefully her cousin Yula too.

Then worry. Had war already come to Alderaan?

"... There could be another reason for the connection being broken," she tried to reason, "Hoth is far away, and the connections might not be stable."

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"I called and connected twice." he explained. "Once a few hours ago. While the base was being assaulted, Omandri, Breela, Remmington and I went to Junk Town to negotiate with the pirates. We came to an agreement with those present. Part of that included my calling Alderaan. That's when I first spoke with her. It was brief, due to the negotiations."

"I returned here and reported everything to Senator Saresh. Learning that I could establish stable communication in Junk Town, she sent me back with information to send, to be forwarded to the Republic. Jameela sent it on to her mother and brothers after I transmitted it and we had a longer conversation about what had happened to us and the threat we are all facing. She asked a few questions I had already answered, but its the middle of the night there and there's so much going on. I was trying to reassure her that we'd find a way through this when we were disconnected. I hope you're right, but it was so sudden."

Katarzyna Panteer

Kat reached out and placed a hand on Galen's shoulder, squeezing it reassuringly.

"It's easy to fear the worst... and I won't lie, I'm worried too. But we must have faith in our friends and family, that they'll pull through. We'll soon be reunited with them." It felt like their stay on Hoth might be drawing to an end soon, if they now had the pirates on their side mostly. "You did well today, negotiating with the pirates."

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"I told her the same thing, that we'd find a way." he nodded. "I've seen it time and time again, on Bankor, on Alderaan and here. But, I have more to lose this time. The fear is a lot stronger."

Katarzyna Panteer

"I'm scared too," she admitted solemnly, knowing they were both in the same boat of agonizing worry.

"It's not wrong to fear, it's a natural feeling for any sentient. But it's not a burden we have to carry alone, and sharing with others can make it seem less... overwhelming. We're still here with friends and family, with good people who is doing what they can to get us all home."

"Have faith in them, our family back home, and yourself."

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"I know. I know." he nodded again. "Everything we've been through. Every threat we've faced. We can overcome anything. I truly believe that. But, I don't know what I'll do, if something happens."