An area for growing, through farming, or culturing, food.
Katarzyna Panteer

[D5 LE]Reflections (Open)

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

They had survived, and judging from the other group, it had seemed they had been successful in what they set out to do. The Force was with them, Kat felt, but she also had feelings that the worst was yet to come.

After the stop in the med-bay, she moved through the base until her path brought her back to the hydroponics area. It was like the closest she felt they could get to having a meditation-spot in this place, and she found her usual area that wouldn't disturb the growing things to sit down.

Closing her eyes, she let herself drift with the living Force around her, as her mind focused in on the next threats they would be facing.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Dapper Dog

Re: [D5 LE]Reflections (Open)

Post by Dapper Dog »

Tiss arrived and worked around her tending to the plants.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Katarzyna Panteer

Sensing someone else, Kat focused back into her surroundings as she opened her eyes.

It took her a moment to recognise the blonde Sith that had spoken with Omandri in the triage-area. "You're doing a good job with the plants," she remarked in a gentle voice.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"My brother liked gardening, I thought it was a waste of time, but helping was alright," she replied. "Plus someone should tend to these if we want the food to keep coming."
Katarzyna Panteer

With a gentle smile, Kat looked around, appreciating the work Viyuti was doing. "I remember we had gardens for growing food at the Jedi temple. Master Reikiss mostly tended to them... and sometimes he'd get upset when the young ones stole apples from his favorite tree," the memory made her chuckle warmly. How she missed the temple on Coruscant.

"Was that the reason your brother liked gardening? Growing food for the family...?"

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Maybe, our lineage has produced Sith long before I was born, so we lived in what you would probably consider luxury. To the most powerful go the best of the spoils. I think he just enjoyed making things grow, we also had many planets that could consume you, they were his favorite," she mused.
Katarzyna Panteer

"I don't know, being from Alderaan, I've seen my fair share of luxury," she said with a light-hearted tone, clearly not taking any offence to her words or intending any in return. "But it sounds like you come from a family of means, which would make you a noble in the Empire, if I understand correctly? My information is a little outdated after the... changes, in your home."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"It is the rare Sith that lives as a pauper, master Jedi. The demands of power, must be seen to be feared," she responded.
Katarzyna Panteer

That much hadn't changed at least, it seemed.

"And your brother?" she asked, homing in on her use of past tense when speaking of him. "What happened to him?"

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Killed on Balmorra by a Jedi, I am told it was a glorious death to a treacherous foe. He was buried there, by his enemy, which did not make much sense to me," she said.

"At the time."
Katarzyna Panteer

There had been a suspicion that something like that had been the case, so to hear it confirmed formed a clearer picture of the young woman before her. "My condolances for your loss. You seem to have been very fond of your brother..." Kat was sincere in her sympathies, understanding that loss was often a catalyst for many emotions and mindsets.

"You sound like you have formed a different opinion of what the Jedi did though. I would like to hear it, if you don't mind?"

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

“More just complicated, it seems wasteful to put so much effort into an enemy. My brother would not have provided the Jedi the same courtesy,” she replied.

“Yet they did it anyway.”
Katarzyna Panteer

She nodded, understanding what her fellow Jedi must have thought.

"The Jedi are taught to value life. To protect life in the galaxy, and to not resort to violence. Some of our masters would say that a Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and protection, never for attack," she explained. "If I were to guess my fellow Jedi's mindset - just because someone was once an enemy doesn't make them less deserving of respect or mourning. Your brother was still a person and a life in the greater galaxy."

"Some might call it weakness, but I find it takes great strength to care about more than just the self, and to have compassion for those around you."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Yeah, I can see that point, vaguely," she admitted.
Katarzyna Panteer

Viyuti reminded her a little bit of Kerren. So sceptical at first, but willing to understand and broaden their horizon.

"Would you like to join me in a meditation exercise here? I find that this area is a good place to focus on our connection with the Force, surrounding by growing things."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

She seemed skeptical but said, "What does it entail?"
Katarzyna Panteer

"Nothing dramatic, I assure you." She had heard of the rituals the Sith had been performing in the early days here, with blood-sacrifices and what-not.

"Meditation exercises is very simple. Usually best done while sitting down, but you can lie down or stand, if you wish. We close our eyes to better focus on our senses through the Force, and simply... open ourselves up to sensing our surroundings. To feel the Force, and how it connects everything. I'll be happy to walk you through it."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"I see no harm in trying," she responded.
Katarzyna Panteer

"Simply connecting to the Force is rarely harmful," Kat reassured her in a warm and friendly tone.

If her guided meditation could bring some balance and harmony to Viyuti, then there could be more hope in the galaxy.

----

OOC: I'm happy to fade-scene to guided meditation for Viyuti. Don't want to take too much of your time. :)

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

/thumbs up