An area for growing, through farming, or culturing, food.
Katarzyna Panteer

Re: [Day 4 - EN] Senya's Garden of Regrets

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Kat nodded as well, looking between those gathered. "We'll see where we can each contribute the most." Her gaze went to Galen, and she shared his sentiment of wanting to defend their families.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:19 pm

"I can see that Senya trusts you, Captain," she says after a moment, tilting her head a little as she turns her attention to Nudimisu. "I'm glad she has someone familiar here. You're... Captain of the Turtle, right? The ship Durasay Mixo often travels with?"
Nudims nods his head. "Yes. Nudimsu, please. She was aboard my ship as a passenger for some time. I got to know her from my interactions with her and, while I do not trust her completely, I trust the one who does and I trust that she loves her children. I take it you know Durasay, then. I hope he has not been too much of a bother."
Darth Bellious wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:02 pm
Moyr gestured to the Chiss that she'd like to talk in private at some point.
He nods in acknowledgment of the Darth.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Nudimsu wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:47 pm
Nudims nods his head. "Yes. Nudimsu, please. She was aboard my ship as a passenger for some time. I got to know her from my interactions with her and, while I do not trust her completely, I trust the one who does and I trust that she loves her children. I take it you know Durasay, then. I hope he has not been too much of a bother."
Tethys chuckles at that, surprised into a better humor. "Not lately, anyway. Good to meet you, Nudimisu. Tethys Carrack." The Chiss had been the only person present she didn't already know at least by name and face.

She considers for a moment before offering one last thing no one seems to have suggested yet. "In your plan to distract Vaylin's attention... well, it's a dangerous tactic, but no more dangerous than all the rest of this. We could use Senya." She opens a hand palm-up. "Or rather, not Senya herself--we can't do the ritual without her--but the promise of Senya. She's the reason Vaylin is here at all. Why not tell Vaylin her mother is ready to talk? Somewhere remote, for preference. When she reaches the target point, we'll have measures in place to delay her there while we begin the ritual."
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"It is a good idea, Tethys Carrack, and while I would be all for the deception route if she was just a normal Force user, she is anything but. Her ability to read your thoughts is quite strong, as anyone who has felt her grasp can tell you. It would take a good liar and even stronger mind to get her to do that. Not to mention she thinks all of you are merely savages, so your word would not hold value without the genuine product in front of her."

He nods and stares at her.

"I could be wrong, of course, but it is what I would feel to someone I look down upon offered that to me. If you can think of a way to pull it off, I would much prefer it, as the current thought I have is to confront her in Junktown which would lead to a few innocent bystanders possibly getting hurt or even dying. I imagine that would not be acceptable to some of you, so other possible locations and ideas on how and where the first team is to confront her are welcome." His tone at the mention of that last part was as calm as anything else he had said.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys considers this. "I'm... familiar with Vaylin's strength, yes. It's like nothing I've ever experienced. She could pluck your surface thoughts from across the planet--from orbit. Farther, than that, for all I know. Distance, at least the distance we have, is no protection from her mind. We can't hide from her simply by staying out of her physical space; we have to be cleverer than that, and hide where she won't think to look at all."

"Captain Nudimisu, your plan hinges on deception in any case. That's what a distraction is." She spreads her hands before her as she unfolds that thought. "You can send people to engage her in Junktown without telling them exactly why they're fighting, but she could as easily realize that, and rightly guess there's a larger plot behind them. If we're bidding on deception, we might as well open with the best bid we can. "

Tethys taps a finger against her lips, arranging her thoughts. "Vaylin and her whole Empire consider us savages. Now that she's found Senya, perhaps her only interest in us is as lower life forms in her path--I haven't felt her searching our minds since that first night. Why should she find it odd if Senya wants to meet her apart from us?" She nods to herself. "Send a message transmission or a holo drone with a recording from Senya, don't risk a person as the messenger. Vaylin may still guess it's a trick, of course--but if she does, she might still go to our coordinates to see what's there, which still serves our purpose. And if she stays in place, striking her at home is still an option."
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:36 pm

~~snip~~"
He nods. "A fair point, Tethys, though I will note that every choice we have so far comes with a risk of her realizing the play. I only suggested the one I think that would likely to succeed, in which we attack her before she attacks. It is a motivation I believe that she would expect from people she views to be savages, one that appears to be not well thought out and completely emotional one based on fear and desperation. If you decision is something you wish to try and feel you have a shot to succeed in, and more importantly, does not ruin out chances of the plan succeeding, I would welcome it. Not to mention that you option would reduce potential innocents getting involved, and that would be something I would like to avoid if possible, so long as the chance of succeeding remains. "

There a large shrug. "So, if everyone feels that is the better option, and the plan is thought out, you'll hear no protest from me."

Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

There was nothing more to be done here, except for a gesture to Aphr that her sister would like to speak with her at some point. Then, Darth Bellious left.

/exit
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche