Large hangar for space and land based vehicles, plus basic maintenance equipment.
Remmington Balmung

Gonkey Kong [LM5]

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Remmington is in the maintenance bay looking over the damage on the gonk droid in further detail. Mouse droids scuttle about the hangar, cleaning the floor.
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Galen Panteer

Re: Gonkey Kong [LM5]

Post by Galen Panteer »

Galen carefully stepped over the small droids as he approached.

"What's the verdict? Can you restore it?"
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Remmington Balmung

Remmington turns his head to smile at the new arrival. "Hey there Lord Galen. Damage isn't bad. I can totally wizard this in a jiffy."

/ Roll to come later when I get back from work in evening

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"Just Galen is fine." he smiled. "I'm glad you can do something, I'm not very good with machines."
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Remmington Balmung

"Feel free to just call me Remmy or something like that." Remmington finishes and closes the latch he had open on that droid. Puts his tools away, hits the power and the gonk comes to life.

"You want to name it Galen? Looks like its memory was wiped. Not that they have much to work with to begin with."

/ Fixing the gonk. Mechanics/Int @ Avg. Custom Tool Kit. Ally assist. Inventor. Intuitive Improvements. Hydroponics negates Power. 4eP+1eA+3eB+2eF+2eD =
6 successes, 3 Light Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Light pips for +1 HP? Lolz
Oops, meant to say Avg not Daunting. Dice are correct.

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"A name?" He considered it for a moment. "We did find him in a a snow drift. How about 'Drift'?"

Remmington Balmung

"That sounds good, if you catch my drift. Ah? Ah." Remmington replies with a pun.

He addresses the gonk. "Alright droid, you are henceforth assigned the name "Drift".

The droid bounces up and down going Gonk gonk Gonk.

"Sounds like he likes it."

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"He's probably just happy to be out of the snow." Galen chuckled. "No one would like being lost out there."

Remmington Balmung

"True enough. It feels like I keep finding droids to put in the hangar." Remmington comments as he watches Drift and the mouse droids.

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"That's good though." he shrugged. "Better than them being abandoned and forgotten."

Remmington Balmung

Remmington nods and decides to change the subject a little. "So how is life as an Alderaan noble treating you Galen?"

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"It's been years now, and I'm still not used to it. When I wake up, I still expect to find myself in the house I built on Bankor." He smiled. "Being a noble feels odd, but having a family feels great, like I'm finally whole."

Remmington Balmung

"Oh, you built a house on Bankor? What did you do with that home?" Remmington asks.

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"It's still there." he shrugged. "The Tree Fishers consider me a part of their community and they check on it for me. It's been a while, but I try to visit."

Remmington Balmung

"I guess you can always use it as a vacation home or something when you want to get away from things. Though I hear boasts about Alderaan being the most beautiful planet in the galaxy."

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"It depends on what one considers beautiful, but it would be hard to argue against the claim." he nodded. "Alderaan's beauty has a structured elegance to it. Civilization carefully balance with preserved nature. The Viridian Sea on Bankor has a more primal beauty, true wilderness, all but untouched in some areas. I actually prefer that, but I'll stay where my wife is."

Remmington Balmung

"I see nothing wrong with loving more than one thing." Remmington nods.

"So how is the wife? Any kids or family extensions yet?" He asks.

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"She's well." he smiled. "Hopefully, she's not too overwhelmed by the kids. There's only two of them, and there's a palace full of staff and other members of the royal family, but they can still be a handful."

Remmington Balmung

Remmington chuckles. "She is lucky to have people that can help her out. Though I can only imagine all the responsibilities that comes with being royalty."

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"She's also fortunate that most of those responsibilities fall on her mother and brothers." he said. "She serves Alderaan, of course, but she's not as involved in the politics and logistics of it all."

Remmington Balmung

Remmington nods. "Sometimes its hard to delegate responsibility to those with talent and its easy to over burden yourself by trying to do too much."

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"It's all a little beyond me still." he shrugged. "The hierarchy. The bureaucracy. The politics. I don't really understand it."

Remmington Balmung

"Being thrown into a completely different environment does that. Then you're forced to sink or swim." Remmington nods.

"I can certainly understand how you are feeling. I went from being a nobody, content with keeping my head down. Now, I have to work hard to restore my fallen House so that I don't bring shame to my family."

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"I have been curious about what you've been doing all these years." he said. "I figured it was more than repairing gonks."

Remmington Balmung

Remmington thinks for a moment before rattling off. "Aside from doing missions for my master and working as a part time lightsaber instructor at Korriban Academy, I have... fought some ancient lightsaber wielding Sith battle droids, worked on Vera Hawke: Jedi Knight as the Imperial Technical Consultant, started the Imperial Huttball League, had a bunch of kids with my wife and mistresses, helped kill a monstrousity created by ancient Sith Alchemy, won a hydro-surfboard in a contest, helped kill the Emperor and install my daughter as the Empress, working to restore my fallen House, became a Sith Lord... and upgraded my lightsabers and armour a number of times."