Large hangar for space and land based vehicles, plus basic maintenance equipment.
Remmington Balmung

Explosions! Felix [D3 MM]

Post by Remmington Balmung »

After a nice warm meal and a surprising mug of Hoth chocolate from an odd bat-like creature, Remmington returns back to the hangar with his toolkit in hand.

"I think the smell is finally out." He takes a quick sniff before he walks up to Aphr's ship.

"Morning Aphr. You in?" He calls out.
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Aphr Ahaya

Re: Explosions! Felix [D3 MM]

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Aphr had not long woken up when she heard the shouts. Rolling out of her bed (and faceplanting the floor) she groaned and very quickly started shivering.

"J-just a moment!"

Getting a thermal cloak and clean up as best she could before dressing in layers again, she made her way to the entrance of her ship.

"Oh, hello Remmington. How can I help?"
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
Remmington Balmung

"More the opposite actually. Now that the hangar is cleaned and we have some power, I came to offer to help fix your ship." Remmington offers.

Nearby some mouse droids scuttle by along the hangar floor.

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"Oh! I wasn't sure you'd actually come back for that after the last time" Aphr chuckled "give me a moment, you can look at the outside for now as that's where the main damage is likely to be. I just need to quickly sort something."

With that she dipped back in to go close some rooms and lock some doors.
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Remmington Balmung

Remmington nods and when Aphr goes about inside, he lowers his scanner goggles to inspect the damage on the outside of the ship. "Hmmm... doesn't seem too bad. Lucky that you didn't crash into anything all things considered."

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Aphr, after securing rooms, reopened the entrance and peeked out.

"Not bad for a first time right? I'm a natural it seems" the little Twi'lek laughed, stepping out proper "so? She ok to keep flying or is there work that needs doing?"
Remmington Balmung

Remmington continues working. Pulling out a plasma torch, he starts removing a replacing the damaged panels of armour plating. He draws upon the Dark Side to help him feel the structural weaknesses in the armour that needs repair. When Aphr comes out he is already starting to pack up his tool kit. Mouse droids skirt around below cleaning up any left over waste.

"She is looking pretty good now. Everything should be good to go now Aphr. I even managed to find a way to simplify the repairs so it'll cost you way less than normal." He reports as he comes back.

/ Repairing hull dmg on Aphr's ship Mechanics/Int @ Avg. Custom Tool Kit. Ally assist. Inventor. Intuitive Improvements. Inadequate Power +1 Difficulty. Master Artisan -1 Difficulty. Meal boost. 4eP+1eA+4eB+2eF+2eD =
1 failure, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Using Destiny to flip both Dark Side for Success. Success overall.
Triumph to reduce cost.
+4 Strain
+2 Conflict
3 Hull Trauma repaired

Recover Strain. Cool/Presence. 1eP+1eA =
2 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImage
-2 Strain

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"Oh, that was quick. Good work!" Aphr looked around, totally not checking for any potentially hot parts being left on flammable surfaces "have you always been a mechanic? I've barely really looked at repairing ships, it was always covered by someone else."
Remmington Balmung

Remmington nods. "I have always been interested in the Mechanics of Life. I studied a lot of mechanics and done a lot of slicing and still do. I really need to get around to studying more about medicine myself. Anyways, machines are pretty much 2nd nature to me right now. I guess having the Force is pretty handy to when you can undo wires and get into hard to reach areas."

"Plus being able to repair stuff yourself saves a lot of credits. This kind of job normally would have normally been 1,500 credits and take about 6 hours." He gives her a comparison as to the norm.

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"Mechanics of life, medicine, fixing and creating things..." Aphr tilted her head "don't take this the right way, but have you considered that you may be on the wrong side of the line?"
Remmington Balmung

"Hmm... what do you mean by that?" Remmington asks as little confused by the question.

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"The Light and the Dark. Light they say is more creative, Dark destructive. Same they would imply to the Jedi and the Sith, don't you think? You seem more....hm...creative, than destructive" Aphr said, then held her hands up "not that I mean any offense, but when you look at the Jo'Rens, the Baras's and the Bellious's and then you look to yourself, you seem more kind, more helping. Not saying it's a bad thing, I just find it curious."
Remmington Balmung

"Any and every military needs mechanics and medics. Isn't that just a very narrow view on things?" Remmington replies. "Sure fire will destroy a forest but pinecones will open from the heat and the destroyed trees will act as food for the new trees. So fire is both the source of destruction and life. One does not exist without the other. Thus is the cycle in the Mechanics of Life."

"They do things their way. I do things mine. I just always thought that the Sith meddle too much with the military in their power struggles and that the Empire's greatest adversary isn't the Republic but ourselves at times."

He takes out the hilt of his lightsaber and twirls it around in his hand before putting it back. "Plus its not like I haven't destroyed my share of things."

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"You won't get any disagreement from me on most of those points, but if you were to say them to many a Sith lord and not someone who understands you'd likely get pretty bad treatment. If you said it to a Jedi however they'd agree" Aphr shook her head "again I'm not trying to offer any insult. It's just an observation. Maybe I've just been around Lord Zhorrid too long but I haven't seen many others like you, or any really among the Sith."
Remmington Balmung

"I suppose you can just call me an outlier. I think the general stereotype is true for the most part.

I am just happy with the Minister of War's decision to make things more separate. Also, the shift for the Sith into mysticism also helps keep the Sith out of interfering with the military." Remmington comments.

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"I'm an outlier too don't worry, although I don't think many echo that military view" Aphr chuckled "I heard a lot of complaining. Lord Zhorrid didn't involve herself in the military so it was no change on this side. Someone of your skills though would be more useful with the military though right? Ship repairs and such."
Remmington Balmung

Remmington nods. "I planned on making House Balmung to be involved with the military. Both as a way to support the Empress and due to the own legacy of my House."

"So how are you different Aphr?" He asks.

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"Seems logical" Aphr nodded, before grinning "and why am I different? Unlike the majority, I have no interest in attention or fame or glory. I'm content, I know the future."
Remmington Balmung

Remmington nods. "We all walk our own path."

Then he smiles. "If you happen upon any talented people, please send them my way. I'm looking to get talented people help rebuild my House."

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"Didn't even offer it to me, guess I'm not a talented person" Aphr said, clearly teasing "what happened to your house? Honestly I can't keep up with all the houses, feels like a whirlwind."
Remmington Balmung

Remmington chuckles. "Well I figured that you are already accounted for but if you consider yourself talented then I will be happy to welcome you."

He ponders where to start the story. "Well long story short, my House used to be very powerful back in the day. An ancestor was like the #3 in all of the Empire. Sith being Sith, other Houses plotted our downfall and chipped away for 200 years till we were all but destroyed. With the regime change and the Minister of War's edict, I figured that it was high time to rebuild the House that I had all but left behind ages ago. My family name now is that of my House."

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"So you're hoping to become powerful again by working closer with the military? I suppose it would make sense if those in your house are also notable engineers" Aphr commented thoughtfully "maybe you should look at finding some apprentices that also show an affinity to repair? If there are any."
Remmington Balmung

"Yes to the military part. Not necessarily engineers. As long as the House can rise in prominence with military success and achievements." Remmington comments.

"Finding people of talent is a priority of mine. How to put those talents to use, will be something I will need to figure out."

He realizes a faux pas he made earlier. "Oh, I made a slight error before. My ancestor was actually #2. I forgot that there was no Wrath at the time. My ancestor was the Hand of the Emperor and hunted and executed traitors."

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

There was a shrug at the bragging.

"Sure, I'd likely dial back on the 'oh we used to be' because the easy sith reply is 'well you're not anymore'. Not going to build up your legacy again if you lead with failure."
Remmington Balmung

"Just stating what had happened and what I am trying to do. We'll see if I am successful or not." Remmington replies.

"You mentioned that you can see the future? Like a prophet or seer or something?" He asks.