Large hangar for space and land based vehicles, plus basic maintenance equipment.
Soren Haicen

Yup (Day 2 Late Evening)

Post by Soren Haicen »

Soren had made himself a little place at the entrance to the Hangar to spend the evening. It afforded him a nice view of the nights sky and it's like and its chill maybe kept some at bay. Though the little fire he had made with some of the fire paste he had bought might draw some over. As well as the smell of cooking. As he fumbled around trying to make something edible out of the food he had bought from the Ortolan's as well as a ration pack.

He certainly wasn't a chef, but it'd at least be better than the ration pack alone. Plus, the bottle of hooch he had bought would help wash it down. Yup, he might be on a frozen ball of crap in a broken-down base. But at least he could have one night of reasonable luxury. Even if it was in his armor with a thermal cloak on.
Human | Green | Violence for Hire | Bounty Hunter | Tough

Has:
Cynella Alde

Re: Yup (Day 2 Late Evening)

Post by Cynella Alde »

Nope. Everything about this place was still assuredly horrible. Politeness dictated that she not tell the man over there that he was included in that category too due to his smell. Oh don't be rude. It's from that whole sludge thing, isn't it? Her pride had dictated that she not cooperate with an Imperial General...

But most importantly, she was curious about what he was eating. Ever since her first pregnancy... gosh she loved eating so much. "What unit are you part of?" she asked as means of introducing herself. He had the look of a soldier, in her eyes, so she didn't think of it as too off-base.
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

The question caught Soren a little off guard and as he turned towards the voice, he said the first thing that came to mind. "Uh.... Delta Force Ma'am." That sounded military like, right?"

"Or well whatever I decide my unit is for the day. I'm a gun for hire as it were." Soren added a moment later. Before gesturing towards a crate near the fire that could make for an improvised seat. "Have a seat if ya like."

Has:
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

While she hadn't heard of Delta Force before, it certainly sounded convincing. At least, until the gig was up and he told her the truth. Or is that what a black ops member say? No, no, that's ridiculous.

Cynella cleared her throat. "A couple days ago, I would have claimed that your services would go to waste. And now, here we are." She plopped down right as he indicated, kicking her feet out to be real comfy. "Thank you. I'm Cynella Rhiannon Esmetrice Alde, though Cynella works all the same." Her instincts told her that the man wouldn't have nearly as complicated of a name. Then again, it was a big galaxy...
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

Miss Alde? Missiled? It was probably a bit better than Miss Triss, though who knew with that long of a name she was likely married. "Pleasure to meet you Cynella, I'm Soren." He replied simply.

Soren leaned forward to stir the stew he had been making and turn some of the meat in the pan. "I suppose that's something of a strike of luck for me then. As unfortunate as it is. Would hate to have come all this way and not made a dime."

Has:
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"Soren of the unknown past," she said, followed by a warm laugh. "There are quite a few individuals in your family, so to speak." She tilted her head. "Though I'd say most of the others in our base are more explicit with their obligations. For example, I'm part of the Republic Navy and many of my compatriots are attached to Alderaan."

Her eyes lingered on the meat for a few moments. Whenever there was food, she needed to analyze it. "What sort of thing is your greatest talent then?
I'm sure we'll be needing extra boots in the following days."

Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

"Help Yourself." He said as he handed a plate and utensils her way, grabbing a seat of his own and proceeding to reach for what he wanted of the food. "Mostly I shoot things. Know some things about wilderness survival though and how to survive in uncomfortable places."

"Wasn't exactly expecting to use all those skills here, but they do come in handy in a pinch."

Has:
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"Nowadays, I'd say food comes coupled with some sort of expectation." Cynella ran a hand over her wallet buried deep within the layers. "But seeing as how money is not so useful here, I wonder what you're expecting." She tilted her head. "Although we do have the ortolans. Perhaps money is not so useless after all.

"Speaking of the ortolans, I expect they will play a part in our survival in the wilderness and uncomfortable places, as you put it." They were also pretty cute, but that wasn't exactly relevant. "And do you ever partake in hunting?"

Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

"Conversation." He replied with a shrug. "No offense intended but you aren't really my type Cynella." Four names, Republic navy, lots of friends from Aldeeraan. Seemed a bit too noble for Soren's tastes. "You're right abotu the money though, in that it may have a bit more use here then what you would think at face value."

"Grew up hunting." He offered before takign a bite of his stew. "Haven't done as much of it in recent years, but somethings you just don't forget how to do. Not without a few decades of forgetting at least." He took another bite of the stew. "I take it means you have some interest in hunting yourself?'

Has:
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

There was a lot to unpack there. First, she marveled at the fact that she hadn't quite shaken out her flirtatiousness even after all these years. It had never been her intention to say it... Just so much time at court. But also, she wondered what exactly was off about her. I have put on weight over the last years. That hasn't dampened her love at all though. She looked down at her figure. Buried underneath all those layers, she didn't look that different from when she had been the embodiment of lean.

"I actually don't have much interest in hunting. My wife, on the other hand, avidly partakes in it." Maybe mentioning dearest Aurilie would be a sly enough way to correct her earlier, accidental flirtation. "So I wonder how you two would get along. Do hunters often exchange tips or methods or something like that?"

Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

Yup, there it was. He had figured she was likely married and his instincts hadn't proved him wrong. "Tips for hunting? Usually." He replied with a few small nods. "Depends a bit of course, I mean I really don't have much expierence hunting in this sort of enviroment so I don't have too much i can offer as far as advice."

"That usually doesn't mean you don't talk about past hunts or the like though."

Has:
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"But you must have at least some experience. More than I, at least." Cynella chuckled, in a way offering herself more warmth than the fire itself. "You may have been more help than me on the earlier expedition. Not that i was useless, no, no."

She looked him over one more time, like an officer looking over a conscript. Though most enlisted in the navy didn't require expert aim, there were marines and the like. "Maybe you two ought to have a shooting competition sometime. That might raise some spirits."

Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

"If we're aiming for a shooting competition I figure there are quite a few who might want to join in on that." He wasn't sure if it would draw any sort of actual crowd though. I mean did people even really go to watch those in the first place.

"But yeah I do have some experience being out in the snow liek this, but the tempatures weren't nearly as cold, and well OI had an idea of what all lived there. Which isn't exactly the case in these circumstances."

Has:
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"Perhaps at this time, it wouldn't be the wisest thing. Don't want to spook anyone nor alert any potential hostiles." Cynella shook her head. Things had been so simple on Alderaan, attempted coup aside. "But next time we go hunting, perhaps we could put you to use. That or whatever else needs doing in this place."

She tilted her head. "I suppose I'm offering to extend your contract. What is it anyways?"

Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

"Not quite sure anymore." Soren replied with a frown. "I was getting breakfast when all the ruckus went down and I haven't seen hide or hair of my employer since I hit the planet." Which could mean they were dead, or just somewhere else and didn't really have the ability or need to talk anymore.

"Suppose that makes me a free agent again? In a way, though I am heloing out around the base as I can. Got to pull your weight if you intend to eat."

Has:
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"Well, that's unfortunate in multiple regards." Cynella took a moment to look around the base. There was still so much work left to be done. "That's true. I haven't done so much labor in a long time," she said, chuckling at that self-reflection. "Usually, officers aren't supposed to get into the dirt. Not to the same extent, at least. It's been nice."

Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

That certainly seemed liek the opinion of someone that didn't get into the dirt all that oftem, but Soren wasn't going to say that out loud. "enjoyign the chance for some extra eexercise? Or is it just a nice change of pace over all those normal officer duties?" Heck it could be both for all he knew.

Has:
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"Both, actually," she said, all but confirming that suspicion. "It feels a bit wasteful to exercise for the sake of training for the time being, what with the limited food supply. But also, yes, sometimes it's tiresome to only order people around to perform such-and-such task."

Hm. Maybe she should try doing that at home too.

Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

That was not something he expected to hear from a noblewoman, but then again who would you really hear it from otherwise? "Yeah, it's be hard to pack on any real muscle on limited rations. You need a lot of calories if you want to bulk up." One of the reasons he didn't lift as much as some.

"A bit of cardio might be nice though. Well, if there was any real place for it."

Has:
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"I'm hoping we can sustain a better food supply in the near future. We may have enough now but you can never be too certain." Cynella tapped her chin as she mulled over the last part. "Yes, some cardio would do some good here too. Maybe it'd be enough to just have circuits around the base. Doesn't have to be outright running but a walk could be nice."

Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

"Could be." He agreed with a nod. "Course the weather here seems pretty fucked up on the daily, so you might try to figure out something indoors." Unless she had been talkign about indoors?

"Wouldn't want to be out for some exercise and end up lost in a blizzard or something."

Has:
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"Right. I'm already somewhat missing, well, having some air." Cynella giggled, at least refraining herself from sounding too loopy. "It may be some time before we find an opening or a rescue team comes along. Perhaps I should focus more on making this place comfortable."

Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

"That's not a terrible idea." Soren replied after a moment. "Doesn't seem like we are going anywhere soon after all, so finding ways to make our stay a bit more bearable is probably smart." It was a bit what he was doing right now.

"You have anything in particular in mind? Or still just doing a bit of brainstorming?"

Has:
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"I'm no genius," Cynella said, blissfully unaware of how true that was. "I haven't devised a perfect plan for renovation yet. That being said, this conversation in itself has been helpful already."

Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

"That's something at least." You hadto start somewhere. "Just remember to put some sort of still or brewery in your plans, this place will be a hellscape if there isn't any type of alcohol available." He might even defect and become a pirate if that were to happen,

Well it wouldn't really be defecting, more seeking alternate employment.

Has: