Large hangar for space and land based vehicles, plus basic maintenance equipment.
Darth Bellious

Enough Life on this Ice Cube... [EA1, Open]

Post by Darth Bellious »

... to fill not one, but two star cruisers! At least temporarily. Having serviced the Bitch somewhat after the rough descent, Bellious decided to make an assessment of the very place. It seemed pertinent, given they were about to share it with the Republic folk. Well, at least until it came to a quick showdown. Which for the moment seemed unlikely. Nothing unites better than suffering a humiliating defeat together.

It was cold in here, though tolerably cold. Moyr had got unused to living in frigid climates, so it was an irritant, to an extent addressed by her armour and the thermal cloak. She pulled out a portable scanner to get the gist of the layout of the facility.
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Remmington Balmung

Re: Enough Life on this Ice Cube... [EA1, Open]

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Remmington finishes his quick loop around the base and returns to the hangar. It appears that more people have made it to the base. He spots a familiar face and goes to greet her. He offers a polite salute. "Darth Bellious. It's been a while. I'm happy to see that you are doing well."

/ Recover Strain. Cool/Presence. 1eP+1eA =
1 success, 2 advantage
ImageImage
-1 Strain
Last edited by Remmington Balmung on Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

Zeno happened to be strolling by, heading back to the common room from his ship.

Noting the two Sith, he approaches. "Good afternoon. Been quite a while, no?"
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Ship: Umbral Vanguard | Sidekick: Lady Savagery
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"If by doing well you mean surviving, Lord Balmung, I suppose it is correct." Moyr reciprocated the greeting, but then she moved her attention to her former partner in many crimes, with a hint of a smile. "A long while. A galaxy of difference ago."
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Indeed. Don't tell anyone, but I was cheering for my old friends every time I saw the news. But my time away has been spent expanding my understanding of the force. But the Jedi and Republic don't really share secret information with me too frequently, so I haven't heard much about what you've been up to."
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Remmington Balmung

Remmington nods to Zeno. "It has been Lord.. Zeno. What circumstances found you in the Republic?" He wasn't quite sure what to call him now.

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Political marriage between families. Duke-consort is my official title. And I don't really mind whatever you call me. I'm not a resident of the empire nor a Sith anymore, but I still find my power in the dark. And I sensed conflict so I came along. Better to keep the danger away from my daughters."

Zeno was definitely different. The edge has definitely been taken off. But he also still looked at most things like he might go into combat at any moment.

Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"The price you pay for living between two worlds. Thul is a good name, and Duke-Consort sounds very dignified, but I liked Deathwright better." She pouted, teasing. "I don't know if you still have it in you to do things we did together on the Smuggler's Moon. You seem to have mellowed."

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"I've got it in me, I just am interested and willing to use more... subtle methods. I've picked up on more covert and indirect tactics after so many years at a schemer's side," he replied with a playful grin. "But I can let the monster out to play if I want. Just not my go to anymore."

Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"I am not sure whether I should be afraid of or impressed by such a resume, Zeno." Moyr chuckled. "Time will tell how your concoction of old and new you pans out in the circumstances we're in. I'm looking forward to working with you again no matter what banner you fly, mindful of how we were able to see eye to eye on many things in the best of times."

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"I gave up on flying any banner that isn't family. And I am always willing to work with those I like," he replies. "You were always one of my favorite Sith. If I hadn't have gone down this route I would have probably been happy being an attack dog on a leash held by someone like you," he says with a chuckle.

Remmington Balmung

"No such plans there. I'm good." Remmington comments and just listens for a bit.

Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

Zeno Thul wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:38 pm
"I gave up on flying any banner that isn't family. And I am always willing to work with those I like," he replies. "You were always one of my favorite Sith. If I hadn't have gone down this route I would have probably been happy being an attack dog on a leash held by someone like you," he says with a chuckle.
"Oh, you know that I don't do leashes. If you were mine to let out, you'd be like a tuk'ata on Korriban, free to prowl as he likes. But enough of the hypotheticals. What is on agenda for you, gentlemen, given the circumstances?"

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Well, we came here to deal with the pirates. The Republic wanted to do so peacefully, but I came with in case that didn't happen. After we get a livable situation here I will be looking at ways to start dismantling and destroying the pirates. I imagine some will still want to try peace, but that ship has sailed."

Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"We think we came here to deal with the pirates, but the Force may have thrown us in a much larger maelstrom. The pirates may prove to be either an instrument of, a decoy for or even a tangent to a greater opponent. Be prepared for something far removed from business as usual. Making this habitat work may be the least of our concerns."

Remmington Balmung

"I will need to repair as much stuff as possible. Getting the base up to working order and getting our ships ready for battle again. Then start putting these pirates to an end. Though there seem to be far more than we may have thought." Remmington comments.

"Though I think the higher ups are more concerned about the strange phenomena with the Force going on. Considering the number of Sith and Jedi that have been sent out here."

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"We should probably be looking for traps and such. If I were pirates this close to an abandoned base I'd be covering it with traps and motion sensors."

Remmington Balmung

Remmington nods. "Makes sense. I'm wondering, who sent the distress signal that brought us all here?"

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"I'd guess this was all a trap. The pirates probably sent it so they could ambush us and turn our ships into resellable scrap. But as mentioned already, it's very likely just the stage the universe is setting."

Remmington Balmung

Remmington nods. "You're right. It doesn't change what we need to do. We'll probably need to send small teams out. Considering pirates, weather and who knows what else is out there. We should set up a board or something to organize groups. We'll need to get the base online too."

Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

The conversation shifted in directions Moyr found less interesting: management minutiae. What she was more interested in now was who, where, when, how, and why would descend on them. Without this knowledge, many precautions seemed futile.

"I'll be exploring the perimeter tomorrow."

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"I can join you. We need to see what territories and borders are claimed by who. Then what, incite them against each other? Try to spread the pirates a bit thin?"

Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"We can't design a workable plan until we know more. But I am glad to have your company on the outing."

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Of course. We all want to survive this, and I can probably work together comfortably in both cultures at this point."

He looks to Remmington, "And setting up a board for teams isn't a bad idea, but it should probably be in the command center."

He looks back to Moyr, "I might ask you to haul my shadow, Lady Savagery, out there to give a hand. She's still learning, but she should be helpful if you need an extra body to move or kill things."

He looks over into a corner of the hangar where a giant of a person was wearing some well maintained, ancient Battle armor that seems to move with her like a glove, and an ancient sword from before the advent of lightsabers.

Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"A disciple of yours? I wouldn't be too opposed." Moyr nodded, then turned to Balmung.

"Remy, would you take a suggestion on a thing to do around here? There's some archaic droid wandering about. I think it's spying on us. Slicing into it would probably give us some answers if you feel good enough at that."