Large hangar for space and land based vehicles, plus basic maintenance equipment.
Dapper Dog

Re: Familiarization (D1, LE, Open)

Post by Dapper Dog »

"If so, striking fast and hard may be our best option, not all enemies will be so... lax," she responded.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

"Maybe but striking before we are ready to do so could also be a mistake. They already know we are here, they used their surprise move, we survived it. Now the more time we have the more we can learn, prepare, and strengthen ourselves." He said giving his two cents
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"We don't know where to strike." Galen added. "If we did, things would have been planned differently. You're right, Omandri. We need to know more about who we're dealing with and why they wanted us here."
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"A confederation of pirates will have fault lines somewhere. Deep ones, if past experience is any guide." Tethys shrugs one shoulder, scarf shifting over her armor. "It wasn't very likely that they'd all listen to a diplomatic appeal from the Republic, but we never expected that. We only needed to reach just a few of their leaders, and the cracks would begin to appear on their own."

Her lips quirk wryly. "Shooting first was their only good move in that game, though they figured that out sooner than I hoped. Still, it's not too late to run the same game from the ground."

She nods to Omandri. "It starts with information, anyway. Duke Rist and the Prince Consort are right there."

She glances at the veiled woman. "I'm not sure we have met. I'm Tethys Carrack." After a beat, she adds, "I didn't recognize that dance or that music. What world is it from?"
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Just a small colony, Outer Rim," she said quietly. "Not terribly important."
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethy's smile is quick and genuine, a bright flash in the cold hangar. "My favorite kind of place, then."
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:47 pm
Tethy's smile is quick and genuine, a bright flash in the cold hangar. "My favorite kind of place, then."
"I am honored, I miss it at times, the old songs always gave me joy," she said honestly.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"You've been far from home for a while, then," Tethys guesses, one wanderer to another.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"At least ten years... I had to go, things were changing back home," she said wistfully. "But now that I have come so far I wonder if I did the right thing."
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"Sometimes there is more than one right path," Tethys says mildly. "And any choice can be a lesson, right or not. I sometimes wonder what things would be like if I never left home with the Jedi." One corner of her mouth quirks up. "I'd be warmer at the moment, I suppose."

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"Maybe, maybe.not." Galen shrugged. "We're, not all Jedi. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be anywhere if my childhood had continued the way it was."
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"So the Jedi do adduct children?" she asked.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Galen Panteer wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:17 pm
"Maybe, maybe.not." Galen shrugged. "We're, not all Jedi. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be anywhere if my childhood had continued the way it was."
"That's true, isn't it? I could have become a scientist instead and still ended up here. Doctor Lord Rist's example is proof." Tethys's brows twitch bemusedly at that thought.
Dapper Dog wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:17 pm
"So the Jedi do adduct children?" she asked.
Tethys chuckles, a little surprised to hear that question from this particular quarter, but not overly put out by it. This is, after all, far from the first time she's answered some version of it. "Not at all. It was an honor to be invited." She spreads one gloved hand palm-up. "I am an orphan, as it happens, but my foster family also gave me their blessing to go. Among other reasons, it's much safer for anyone sensitive to the Force to learn to manage it early. And then... imagine going from a little fishing village on a Rim planet to Coruscant. The galaxy opened up." The fingers of her open hand cup a little, as if holding something delicate, and then she lets her hand drop to her side again.

"I'm sorry no Jedi found you when you were the same age and needed help, Prince Consort," she adds, after a moment's hesitation. "Although it seems you thrived anyway."

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"The man who purchased me made sure no one found me, once he realized what I could do." he shook his head. "My life wasn't easy, but I have no complaints about where the Force has led me. Even here."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

She just listened, she had nothing to add to either tale.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"Ah." Tethys looks a bit grim at that.

"And that's another reason sensitive children are safer with the Jedi, when we can find them," she adds in a frowning aside, seemingly addressed mostly to the veiled lady. "Or if not with us, at least somewhere we can keep an eye on them."