This is a central command area with communications and connections to area sensors for security.
Katarzyna Panteer

[D9 MA] Call Home

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

(Alderaan peeps welcome)

Thinking that perhaps something was wrong with the pirate queen's communicator since Galen had been cut off there yesterday, Kat made the effort of trying to establish a connection to Alderaan from Echo Base. Computers wasn't her strongest thing, but she had a good understanding of how things worked, and she knew some of the security clearances to jump through to reach Gaul directly...

... She just really hoped it would work.

------------

D9 MA Computers/Intellect to contact Alderaan. Free upgrade from Syrian-event.: 1eP+4eA+2eC+2eD+1eS 2 successes, 3 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Dapper Dog

Re: [D9 MA] Call Home

Post by Dapper Dog »

She is sure she has everything right, but there is no response from the Alderaan system.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss was present, having stolen a stool from somewhere she sat atop it and hooked her booted feet on one of the rings of the stool at the slight heel on her boot. Hands planted firmly down on the seat between her legs she sorta stares off blankly I to the space in front of her while she waits to hear Kat speak up on developments.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"It's just like last night." Galen sighed. "I was hoping it was the pirates' communication system or something I had done wrong."
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Katarzyna Panteer

Kat was silent for a moment, feeling that fear was creeping up on her, and pushed it back with a calming breath.

"There could be other factors at play. If the Republic fleet was gathering at Alderaan, maybe... maybe the military have taken over the communication satellites, or the system is simply overburdened." All logical assumptions, though she didn't want to give voice to her hunch that Zakuul might already be there and a planetary lockdown was in place.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss, simply, idly frets with her fingers. Running over her index with the same thumbs nail. Hand raised in front of herself, sorta staring at the action.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

Cynella walked into the room late, finishing up the last of her tasks on her datapad. In the seconds it took to realize that they were only speaking amongst themselves, her smile evaporated. "No, no," she said, tossing her work aside to inspect the machine. She was even less adept at anything mechanical but it didn't stop her.

"Who used this last?" she asked. Both words and actions accelerated as anxiety reared its ugly head. "Who did they contact? When was it? Something could have happened. Where are they?"
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Katarzyna Panteer

"The systems are perfectly in order from our end, Cynella," Kat said in a calming manner to the princess Alde, knowing that she needed to remain calm herself, without showing her own concerns.

"Have faith in our loved ones on Alderaan, and the queen and her council. Alderaan has seen struggles before and have pulled through... and Galen was able to share information and warnings with princess Jameela yesterday. It's not all hopeless."

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

He nodded. "When I spoke with her, they were already preparing. The Republic Fleet was building up in system and the security council had meetings scheduled. But, my communication with her was cut off."
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Zayne Rist

Post by Zayne Rist »

Zayne was walked in to hear how things were going for Alderaan. In his noble suit of the House of Rist, though he had been doing Jedi work exclusively for close to a year now. But, he was still concerned for the people of Alderaan.

He was silence, listening to the conversation. He did not have much knowledge about communications arrays or satellites. So, he was content to listen.
Agents of Jedi Council of First Knowledge | Human | Hero of Battle of Alderaan | Jedi Arbiter |The Peaceableness - Dynamic-class Freighter
Jedi Fighting Style 5 - Shien, and Djem So with Rist Assassin techniques

Gear: Lightsaber, CR-2 Heavy Pistol, Cortosis Shield, P-14 Hazardour Suit, Mercantile Datapad, Comlink, Hunting Googles
Battle Gear: Lightsaber, CR-2 Heavy Pistol, Rist Ancient Battle Armor, Stimpack, Thermal Cloak, Hunting Goggles
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

Long ago, before Cynella had even turned ten years of age, her mother had chided her to behave herself. A noble, and especially a lady, were not to act in hysterics.

Cynella loosened her grip on the controls then stood back up, shoulders rolled back. "Right," she said. "I'm sorry for my unseemly display." She straightened out her clothing and blinked out any lingering desire to cry. "We will return soon to support them. I'm glad to be among such staunch representatives of my new planet."
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri had been there as well. He leaned against a wall and when the communication didn't go through he frowned slightly. Running through all the possible scenarios he nodded at the words of Kat "It does us little good to speculate as to why it's not being answered. As Kat says we simply have to trust Alderaan will pull through as it always has in the past."

He steps closer to the table and seeing Riss' anxiety he places what is intended to be a calming hand on her shoulder.

He looks to the console and thinks for a moment.
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Katarzyna Panteer

"And we have eachother," she said, looking from Omandri, to Riss, and each person in order. "The spirit of Alderaan is with us. We can't lose hope."

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri nodded and gave Kat a smile "Indeed but actually let me check something." He said stepping up to the console.

It was much easier since Kat had already got the signal connected to the Alderaanian network. Omandri tapped a few more keys and looked to access the encoded intelligence frequencies.

----------------
D9 Call Home special channels average comp: 2eP+3eA+2eD 3 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"This is Strongman Computing, you break it we break it back to good, how can I help you?" a muscled man replied on the holo.

OOC: Waiting on the code or whatever Rist uses, your call.
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri smiled "Hello there, I've been out sightseeing for a while and a black bird knocked my communicator into a puddle. I retrieved it but am having trouble calling home."

He said peppering in two code words one identifying himself as in the field and the other his personal code name to confirm his identity.

Description|Theme
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

Zeno was present, but patient. For him, information was good enough. If he could not hold his family and directly protect them, he was okay with waiting for others to finish.
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Ship: Umbral Vanguard | Sidekick: Lady Savagery
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Omandri Rist wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:30 pm
Omandri smiled "Hello there, I've been out sightseeing for a while and a black bird knocked my communicator into a puddle. I retrieved it but am having trouble calling home."

He said peppering in two code words one identifying himself as in the field and the other his personal code name to confirm his identity.
"I hear you, that's a pity, good thing I got the guns to fix you right you up. And just in case, this holo-call will be recorded. I see you have our Obsidian package, totally secure service."

He smiled and said, "Damn god to see you, my Duke, you would think Nar Shaddaa wouldn't be boring, but you can only bust so many heads before it gets old hat. You looking good for dead!"
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri smiled back "Good to see you too old friend. Is that the word these days? I don't call home for a month and you all start setting up funerals?" His voice was laced with teasing ribbing.

"Do you know how things are at home? No one picked up over main comm channels."

Description|Theme