This is a central command area with communications and connections to area sensors for security.
Zeno Thul

Re: [Day 7 - LE] The Gospel According to Gree

Post by Zeno Thul »

"I mean, I'm with Jo'ren on preferring a straight up fight. But since we're getting peppered with ambushes and surprise attacks by these bandits I'd really prefer they just kriff off and die without bothering us anymore. Because they don't have enough mettle to actually face us head on it seems," Zeno says as he rearranges his cards, randomly, repeatedly. Because if he doesn't know or care what order they are in, but chose to focus on that fact, it would be very difficulty to figure out what he's holding. Zeno was always 100% better at these games when the stakes were so low because when you don't care about winning or losing it becomes really hard to read your expression.
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Ship: Umbral Vanguard | Sidekick: Lady Savagery
Riss

Post by Riss »

Jo'ren Rath wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:20 pm
-snip-
"Have we?" she doesn't quite notice she actually asks, but throws on a smile that hides that little indiscretion. "Well, it's always a pleasure to see you again. Even if.." she grimaces slightly. Stupid sexy sith. Glancing to Nudimsu, then Zeno and Rath in then. "Rath the Empress' wrath, that's kinda cute," she chuckles two notes but puts on a more serious demeanor, "Still, I think I'd rather avoid too much of a conflict at the base. We do have a hefty sum of civilians to be mindful of, and very few are at all capable of lending a hand in a fight. I'm no military mind but," she gives a nod in the vague direction of the refugee camp.

"I know people. We'll find a way to tear them apart, Pirates morale doesn't stick for long if it doesn't go their way, mm?"
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Looking back at Zeno, he nods. "We are being assaulted like this because they know on equal grounds that they would be slaughtered. It is up to us to determine the how and the where. They are being led strategically by a Chiss, not a emotional and shortsided human, so it will not be easy."

He paused and looked at the humans around him and then he looked back at his cards. "Naturally, I do not think you are all that way."

He shuffles his cards into his hands and rotates a few. "Yes, we should be concerned of the ungrateful masses and their safety. But that requires we continue our efforts and endure. Or until the pirates no longer see it as profitable, which would break their morale, Riss."
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys, briefly busy connecting her datapad to the main console to transfer the updated refugee information, shifts her weight a bit when Jo'ren is introduced as 'the Empress's Wrath.' Somehow that hadn't come out yet, when she'd seen him around the base in the past. Life in Echo Base has settled into a kind of routine by now, but every now and then there are reminders of what a strange and uneasy collaboration it really is.

Nonetheless, her face is composed when she returns to the conference-desk-turned-gaming-table to see what sort of hand Nudi has dealt her.

"Perhaps we could have anticipated that when the pirates lost their Gree backing, they'd also lose the restraint the Gree were imposing," she says with a sign as she sinks into a chair. She reaches out and slides the small pile of facedown cards toward herself with two long fingers. "On the other hand, we did also... annoy them. So it's hard to say which move is the primary cause of all this, I suppose."
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri had some spare time and was walking by the ops center and heard a great deal of discussion. He popped in looking a little tired and slightly disheveled from the hours working with the refugees but he still managed a smile at the group "Well what kind of shindig am I missing out on?" He asked walking a bit closer to the group.

"Pazaak and strat meeting?" He raised a questioning eyebrow as he leaned against a wall.
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Aphr had also been drawn in by the talking, and noticed everyone chatting around the strange and confusing bot.

"Another confusing message from the other side?" Aphr asked, curious
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"No on both accounts. Playing a friendly game of Pazaak while socializing. You two are welcome to join us on the next hand."

He paused and looked at Zeno. "Oh, yes, suppose I practice with you while we play." He paused and looked at him before returning to his cards. "Ch'ah cart bit Lana Beniko."
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Qozaiym Zholyeva

Post by Qozaiym Zholyeva »

There is a commotion as an Imperial communications officer says aloud, “I am getting a message on open comms, it’s wide range insecure. Looks like it is being sent from orbit.”

The General frowned and said, “Bring it up, Vess.”
General | Imperial Army | Human | Tall | Slave-Born | Renegade | Hardened | Strange Accent | Sith Empire

*Played by Dapper Dog
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Jo'ren shrugged his broad shoulders. "Guess you can deal me... huh."

Of course that was when the announcement came through. He moved over to dwarf / stand next to the General.
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Stuff: Armour of the First Wrath, Universal door openers, Thermal cloak.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

This spares Tethys from puzzling out whether the hand she's been dealt is a good one or a bad one, so she listens attentively.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Well darn...insecure message. WIDE RANGE?

''What is going on?''
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Valindex

Post by Valindex »

A holo image of a man, he looks tall in silver and gold armor similar in style to Senya appears. He is handsome and well built, an older human speaking in slightly accented Basic. It gives the impression of an official announcement: “-regardless of your affiliation, this system of Hoth has been officially annexed by the Zakuul Empire, your daily lives will not change as long as you do not resist our rule.”

“The White Maw privateers will hold authority with our trust, they will be responsible for the collection of tribute for your continued safety. They act with the authority of the Empire of Zakuul, resistance to them is tantamount to treason and rebellion and will be dealt with swiftly.”

He continued, “Do not see this as dark moment in your history, but as a turning point from the darkness of the previous age into the light of Zakuul. But we are aware that there are malcontents who, savages, who will resist and to those I say, your continued defiance will get others killed needlessly.”

“There are approximately forty two settlements on this planet with populations in excess of five thousand sentients. If these malcontents do not submit and disarm within twenty-four of your galactic standard hours we will begin the systematic bombardment of each of these settlements in short order. To avoid this fate present yourselves, unarmed, to Junk Town. Such a show of allegiance may even grant me the authority to show leniency.”

“Otherwise, I will do my very best to annihilate you.”

The message ends.
Human | Force Sensitive | Champion of Zakuul | Conqueror | Arcann's Hand

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Guess they all come from a planet where it's common to ritualistically shove a stick up your-" screen cuts away from Riss to someone else.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"That didn't take long" Aphr commented with a small chuckle "so they're here already. Guess it's decision time."
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

He looks around at everyone at the announcement and paused before looking at his cards again. "Looks as if I may have right, after all"

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Ah, yes...we are savage but they hold all other settlements hostage?'' she frowns ''That shows their hand, I think.''
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
C5-PT

Post by C5-PT »

C5 quietly brings up a holographic image of two countdowns, one with red text counting down about twenty four standard hours and another in gold counting down from about thirty six standard hours.
Protocol Droid | Inquisitive | Strange Speak | Alien Origins

*Played by Dapper Dog
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Jo'ren studied the holo image and muttered under his breath: "Someone needs a wronging."

After a few moments had passed he walked over where Baesal stood with the Droid. "Alright Petey. What's so damn special about Hoth that this is where these Zakuul freaks start their invasion?" He raised a hand. "And try not to kriff me about. My patience is at an all time low."
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

"I don't think it started here..." She replies to the giant Sith, a shadow over her face

"You know Military operations Jo'ren...do you think an Empire would start an invasion with pirate proxies and hold hostages against this base?"

She eyed the countdowns warily

"If they are here then the attack already has begun in the galaxy at large."
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"They didn't start here Jo'ren. It's been all over the galaxy, it just seems this space has fallen" Aphr shook her head "I've seen worlds falling all over. The invasion started weeks ago."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Baesal frowned and glanced at Aphr before returning to the droid

''I think this mean we need to buy time until the Gree send their help''
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

"Maybe. Or the Force is showing you possible futures." He looked at Petey a moment then back at the others. "Could be this is all about Vaylin and Senya. Either way, buckle up, there's a lot of killing to come."

Jo'ren seemed to be pretty fine with that. He pulled out his comm and sent a message to Ashley.
See if you can get through to Hix. I've got a job for her.

Riss

Post by Riss »

"Take it from me tall, red, and sexy- this is not a Hoth is super important scenario anymore than it's a, everything falls under our dominion scenario. Still probably has something to do with Vaylin and Senya of course, but if you wanna consider feeding them to the wolves I'll oblige you the opportunity to see if you can get through everyone I'd ask to get in your way," she smiles a moment. Giving her own little flex, "May not be as strong but I got a helluva smile mmm?"

"Republic space has been hit hard- Empire ain't doing much better. Take it from me," she adds, and kinda seems intent at leaving it there.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Probably has to do with those two, yes." He nodded. "We took their best enforcer and made her...well, I would not say switch sides, but more sympathetic to us at this current point in time. She's more powerful than any single individual person here. They likely were relying on her father's well placed control and enjoyed using her. I'd rather not do the same to her again, but I do know she will likely not allow harm to fall upon us.

He nodded at Riss, placing his cards down still covered and put his hand on Riss' sholder. "Riss is right, though. Would have to go thru me too." He nodded. "I am unsure what her smile would do to stop you or anyone, really."

He did nod to the Wrath. "Your line of questioning is right, though. The Gree could see some value to this planet, otherwise they would not have felt the need to test us, nor hire the pirates to do it. C5-PT likely does not know or would not tell us, even if he was speaking."
Last edited by Nudimsu on Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Qozaiym Zholyeva

Post by Qozaiym Zholyeva »

"Enough posturing, we have a target now and a location. We have lingered too long in our complacency. I need to confer wizh my Republic counterparts but my vote is we take zhem up on zhat offer and go to Junk Town," she said aloud.

"Our forces have proven more zhan zheir match in any straight up conflict."
General | Imperial Army | Human | Tall | Slave-Born | Renegade | Hardened | Strange Accent | Sith Empire

*Played by Dapper Dog