This is a central command area with communications and connections to area sensors for security.
Baesal Zyn

Re: [Day 7 - LE] The Gospel According to Gree

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Huh, so those are the Imperial....huh...Eternal...

She frowns

Bloody Tython. We'll need to differentiate between those the two Empires and pray a third one does'nt show up.
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

C5-PT wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:48 pm
[snip]
Tethys has been quiet for a time, listening to the tactical discussions and Senya's description of the Zakuul invasion tactics. Eventually, she leaves her seat at the card table and steps closer to where C5-PT is observing it all. "C-Five, I think there is one more thing your makers should understand if we're to fight together," she says coolly.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
C5-PT

Post by C5-PT »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:54 pm
Tethys has been quiet for a time, listening to the tactical discussions and Senya's description of the Zakuul invasion tactics. Eventually, she leaves her seat at the card table and steps closer to where C5-PT is observing it all. "C-Five, I think there is one more thing your makers should understand if we're to fight together," she says coolly.
The droid gave her it's full attention.
Protocol Droid | Inquisitive | Strange Speak | Alien Origins

*Played by Dapper Dog
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

C5-PT wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:58 pm
The droid gave her it's full attention.
"The Gree need to understand that we don't divide the galaxy in the same way as they do, into parallels and intersectors. We--most of us--don't agree at all that 'other yellow parallels are irrelevant.' They are relevant. That is true even if those people can't fight the black parallels on their own."

She pauses to make sure this is getting through.

"If your makers want to work with us to save the galaxy--the green bisector, I mean--then they must understand that the whole point of doing this is to protect the people who live here. Just by being alive, we're bound to other people. Every living thing... intersects with someone else, whether they choose to or not. Do you see?" To make this even more clear, she holds her hands up in front of her, palms and fingers flat, each suggesting a vertical line--first parallel to one another, then slowly tilting one hand and sliding the other closer until the fingertips of her left hand touch her right palm, no longer parallel.

"Your makers have been very casual with people's lives. They are already responsible for some... unnecessary and avoidable 'white vertical' of people they considered irrelevant. It's very important they know that continuing to act in this way will not be acceptable when we are allies."
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Give me an Average Charm or Coercion check get a free upgrade and boost die for the roleplay.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:22 pm
OOC: Give me an Average Charm or Coercion check get a free upgrade and boost die for the roleplay.
OOC: Tethys is persuasive.

D7 LE-- try to be Very Stern and convince this droid I Mean It. Average Charm with no force abilities. Boost, upgrade, cascader I keep forgetting I have, destiny (#2 for the day): 2eP+1eA+1eB+2eD 3 successes, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Vaylin wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:25 pm
Vaylin spoke for herself from the shadowed entrance, "No, I am a princess of the Empire, my safety will always be first and foremost."
He nods to Vaylin as she appeared. "Comforting, at least, considering how hard we worked to free you from your father. Rather not see you be placed under another's control unwillingly. I assume then, however, that the same courtesy may not be made of your mother." He looked to Senya and nodded before returning to his deck again. "Hopefully we can push it back, then."

His head turned to Tethys as he tried to convince C5-PT for some aid; maybe something could be done for them to prevent the unnecessary casualities that were coming and not diminish their defense. Gree tech, after all, was just as much of a mystery to him as the Force: could not discount that it was possible something existed within it.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
C5-PT

Post by C5-PT »

The droid said, "Yes."

OOC: Any ideas for the Triumph?
Protocol Droid | Inquisitive | Strange Speak | Alien Origins

*Played by Dapper Dog
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

No... we're not talking about this.

She looks around the room in general disbelief. Slowly the reality of the situation hits her and she forces herself to accept it all.

I'm out of time.

"You can use me." She says to the assembly. "If it's to be assumed that we have a mole, it can also be assumed that I'm a known quantity." She sighs bitterly. "My son is there, I have a vested interest in getting him out. So they'll be expecting me to make a desperate play once the chips are down. I can lead the diversion team, make it look like a conventional raid. Meanwhile the shadow team goes for the tunnel with reduced security."
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Qozaiym Zholyeva

Post by Qozaiym Zholyeva »

"Zhey have purged all the civilians, all zhat is left is pirates," the General replied.
General | Imperial Army | Human | Tall | Slave-Born | Renegade | Hardened | Strange Accent | Sith Empire

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

Looking to the general, Riss adds in, "Do you have any need for me, or any other particular non-combatants General? I might be able to help in my small way of smoothing things over most days but.. I admit, I'm not so sure how to be most helpful here," she says, looking across the faces of the room.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Qozaiym Zholyeva wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:31 am
"Zhey have purged all the civilians, all zhat is left is pirates," the General replied.
She swallows hard. "...There's always hope. Besides, I'd be a diversion. Would it really matter what form the diversion takes? It can be voluntary. I'd simply need to know the yield of the device, a time of detonation, and an approximate safe distance to fall back to."
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"You just got your daughter back and you're already sacrificing yourself?" Aphr looked at Breela "there is really no need. If they're locking down and killing people then you'll just be walking to your death. Better to stand together than walk out and die alone."

The Twi'lek shrugged.

"Seems the path is quite obvious, it's the execution that needs to be worked on. If they're going to rely on the pirates then wiping them out does kinda ruin that plan, but it also does invite this Valindex to more eagerly wipe out any resistance too I'd guess. Or the whole system. No point trying to save bad eggs after all."
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"If we need a diversion, it can be something as simple as taking some long range shots at important pirate locations with ship weapons," Zeno said with a shrug. "They'll scramble their defenses and be focused on that attack probably. Diversion is good, but no need to put your body within easy range of their defensive capabilities."
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Ship: Umbral Vanguard | Sidekick: Lady Savagery
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Not a bad idea, Zeno." He sighed and looked at Breela. "Veah Ch'ah ber vah ch'an'ciuh, Tocu'ren'mur vim etah ch'itses'asi ch'at seo g'ekasah etah ch'ahn."
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"We could play it safe with an artillery exchange. Which is essentially what you're proposing. Or we could risk our ships against their AA emplacements. But even so I'm betting they'd look at either as minor nuisances and not react. They'd need a raid to move troops. Something existential in nature. And I'm not going to sacrifice anything. I'm going to go knock heads then make my way back. Also..." she narrows her eyes at Aphr, "My son is not a bad egg. If he's anything like his mother he would have found a way to avoid the purge... or made a way." She says with clenched fists.

Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Remmington takes in all the information and the appearance of new members. So this is Vailyn... seems like every Emperor like to forcibly control their people.

After Breela's comments, he finds them a little odd. "What makes you so certain that your son is there? If he could have escaped, shouldn't he have? Something feels a little off."
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"I actually meant we were the bad eggs that Zakuul might want to remove" Aphr clarified "I don't know anything about your son, sorry."
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

Vaylin swept the room with her gaze at the strange back and forth and just departed.
Eternal Empire | Force Sensitive | Unstable | Daughter of the Dragon | Human

*Played by Dapper Dog
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Remmington Balmung wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:41 am
After Breela's comments, he finds them a little odd. "What makes you so certain that your son is there? If he could have escaped, shouldn't he have? Something feels a little off."
"I'm not sure if that's a best or worst case scenario. Where exactly would he escape to if not Echo base?"
Aphr Ahaya wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:51 am
"I actually meant we were the bad eggs that Zakuul might want to remove" Aphr clarified "I don't know anything about your son, sorry."
(OOC Face palm, just re-read my bad. Need more sleep in my life.)

"Wait, who is Va-windex, Valyindex, whatever?" She asks nonplussed, "Sorry about that, with base tensions what they are my kids have become a touchy subject."

Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss gathers herself in the moment of strange conversations and the like, only to sweep a hand along the edge of a desk near the central position of the room. Looking out among the faces she clears her throat to call attention to herself.

"We all just learned some rather dire news," she says, looking out among them. Joining everyone in this moment with that sweeping gaze, watching Vaylin make her exit but only briefly.

"Our chosen enemy since we arrived has been the pirates of the White Maw, and that has not changed. With the threat of Zakuul crushing down on us it is easy to push yourself toward action so that you may feel ease in knowing you tried. Many in this room wants to do as much as we can to avert the disaster that is imminent upon our friends and family, those we cherish. It's understandable," she says, offering a warm smile.

"Zakuul see's fit to set the White Maw into a position of power. We are still here to change that course. We may not be able to do much, but we can stop the villains of the White Maw from getting away with the trauma they've inflicted on many. That may seem insignificant in comparison to the weight of what Zakuul will do to our peoples, but it is no less of a justice. When you walk through the halls occupied by refugees you can see the faces of lives that you have already committed to altering for the better, and I believe if we dismantle these pirates we will change many more for the better."

Riss places her hand on her chest, "I am no fighter, I am no war leader, my only strength in this room I can claim is my understanding of people. When I look out among you I see those who will fight their hardest for that which you believe just and right. That is a strength these pirates do not have. With the Jedi we may be guided by Compassion," she says, focusing her gaze most solely on Tethys for a moment. "With the Empire we may be guided by an unwavering sense of Duty," she says, focusing her gaze most solely on General Qozaiym Zholyeva. "With the Republic we may be guided by our ideals, and remember that there are causes -no matter how lost- that are worth fighting for," she says, her gaze tracks but fails to find a particular viewpoint. Sharing only this moment most directly with the little people of the Republic who are oft forgotten. Riss' gaze shifts to that of the Sith present in the room, but says nothing.

"I believe that each of us will have our chance to prove ourselves for who we wish to be in the coming days, and I only have one request to make of you: Fight as hard as you can and leave a mark on this galaxy for the better. Show the White Maw that a casual disregard for the weight of a sentient life cannot grant you victory."

"Let us do our best for those who come next," she says, a lingering thought to the generations that follow. A warm smile directed to her crowd Riss steps away from her place of significance with a dip of her head.

[OOC: This is just a fluffy show of Riss' Leadership, I have no particular aims other than bolstering spirit of unity so understand her pool is 3y 1g with a cascader and feel free to be moved by it as you find most applicable.]
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

He had been in the back of the room, watching the tactical discussion. Keeping quiet, observing, meditating.

At peace with everything around them, even as the fire threatened to consume everything.

He smirked at the speech. When Riss had finished, he stood straighter, making a play to catch her eye, and offer a nod in support, and a genuine thumbs up.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force | Confident
Carries: Lightsaber, Modded Heavy Battle Armor, Cascader, Utility Belt
"All journeys end..."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Riss wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:54 pm
~~snip~~
He nods to Zeno and looks up from his deck to Riss. "And if we're all still alive at the end of it, the drinks will be on her."

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Aphr listened along to the speech. It was a good speech, and what was not said still said so much more. There was a small shake of the head as Riss looked at her, but otherwise she smiled and pushed up off the wall.

"We all have our part to play, including the ones the Countess forgot about herself. Don't stay up too late."

The little Twi'lek then made her/exit unless stopped.
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

He looks to Nudimsu and responds. "Ch'ah csarcican't nah tisut ch'itnun'ah bah ea csei g'ekasah, rab Ch'ah vsabah hah cart ch'itrt'seco. Ch'a ch'ithsirehn bah tucan'sant."

He then smiles at Riss. "And while many among the Sith don't mind putting others in chains, almost all of them will fight to the bitter end to remove any chains placed on themselves. We won't all be living together in harmony, but nobody wants to be under the yoke of Zakuul. And we will see very intense responses from all corners of the galaxy against this invasion. I'm ready to fight this threat to protect my family and home. I suspect that's true for everyone else in this room."

He looks at the droid. "The Gree too I suspect."
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Ship: Umbral Vanguard | Sidekick: Lady Savagery