This is a central command area with communications and connections to area sensors for security.
Riss

Quiet Moments [Day 6, MN]

Post by Riss »

Today was a lot. Omandri's sister, sexy agent spy man, parties, Omandri again, it would wear any girl out. So, Riss sought one rare place that she would seek calm in. Out by the hydroponics. With all the hustle and bustle, it's a little wild to consider how important this resource has quickly become. Though for Riss, it did give her a little extra of that nostalgia from home. A feeling she didn't quite contend with for a rather great number of years.

Thouvh, she didn't quite come alone. Not certain of the woman's schedule she had heard Vaylin was among the base's inhabitants. Any work crew she passed, or guard, or really anyone that was still up late she left the message with them that if they saw Vaylin she'd appreciate them directing her toward Hydroponics for a friendly chat.

If she was even still awake.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Vaylin

Re: Quiet Moments [Day 6, MN]

Post by Vaylin »

She arrived looking dour and said, "It's rather late, Riss."
Eternal Empire | Force Sensitive | Unstable | Daughter of the Dragon | Human

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Best time for certain vibes," she says, tapping a seat next to her on the side of one of the edges of a farming square. "I could say the same to you- pretty sure I told no one to wake you, and only if you were walking about."

"Figured you'd ignore me if it was too out of the way anyway," she adds with the touch of a teasing smile.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

“As long as you don't ask me how I’m feeling or… I get enough of that from mother, and then everyone else if they are not staring out of curiosity,” she admitted before taking a seat.

“I brought some kind of stew from the refugees.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"I was really thinking about it-- cause I care, but," she smirks, and leans in to look at the stew. Taking in a good whiff, "Tell me more about this stew, have you tried it yet?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"It has vegetables grown from your farm, it is an interesting taste, I cannot place most of the ingredients. These are not native to Zakuul," she admitted.

"It's passable."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Not a lot of good variety here- hardly any spices to use either, probably," she gives a quick glance around the farms. "Taste is hardly important in this situation. Now, if you ever catch me saying that in any other situation be certain I've been possessed or something," she adds, chuckling. "Still.." she looks back to the soup, "mind if I give it a taste?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"If I must suffer it, then I insist," she said offering it to Riss.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"So hard to please," she says, teasing just a little as she accepts the stew. Taking that pause to prepare herself a little to be a good judge, she takes a bite. Nodding, "Yep, definitely could use some flavoring," she says chuckling.

"Though maybe that's good for the refugee's. I doubt they're.. well, I doubt they're all that used to proper flavor."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"They will be a burden on your mission here, most are not fighters," she admitted.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Probably. Some burdens are worth carrying though, I think. Better than to leave them to the elements, or worse- the pirates," she takes a breath. Setting the stew down in between them for the moment. "I'm not sure how much it all matters, but I'm sure that's what Kat would say. I think she's a better judge of all this than I am most of the time," she says, but raises a finger. "Most, not always."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"Who is this Kat?" she asked.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Katarzyna Panteer," she gives a general wave toward wherever the hanger was from them right now. "Jedi Master, and Princess-consort to the Alderaanian throne. Most importantly," she says, smiling with a hand raised. "She's one of my closest friends. Got each other out of a lot of trouble over the years," palm out she soothes it down, "granted most of it caused by me- but she's my people, and I know her better than most."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"You two seem to have quite the history," she responded.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"That's a rather valid and uninspired assessment," she says flatly, but leans in a little to show the tease with a shake of her nose. Shrugging, Riss digs inside her jacket for the original datapad that she took off the Captains desk.

"Not sure if any of those titles will matter soon though. Least I have people I'm close with nearby though, mm?" she says, handing over the datapad. "While your world destroys mine."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"Alderaan will be elevated in time, but first they will have to pay tribute," she responded.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"You know, that's what the Sith think about their slaves too," she comments, almost too idly for the context. "Pretty sure that's why the pirates even had a pit. Win enough, maybe you get to join alongside the other pirates," she shrugs, "seen that before."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"Zakuul is not the debased Sith Empire," she said dismissively.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Sure act the same. Alderaan is the shining beacon of what you can achieve to most," she says, pushing her hand out against some imaginary structure. "Not that Zakuul cares much what it topples. Soon it'll be the final battleground, and who knows how much we'll lose."

One hand raised, "We are Zakuul, we know best and everyone else should fall in line," she says, and raises another hand, "We are the Sith Empire, we know best and everyone else should fall in line."

"Ain't that different, you just look at 'em from different angles. From right here though?" she says, and collects up the stew. Taking a couple bites almost as if it were her own.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"Most savages do not realize enlightenment until they experience it," she said calmly. "If your people simply submit, then bloodshed can be avoided."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"I'm sure the slavers said that to the slaves once a long time ago too," she says, glancing over at Vaylin. "Ain't that a bit of a thorn in the side. Really gotta think your way out of that one."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"Tribute is not slavery," she countered.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Phrase it whatever way you like," she says, extending out a long sigh. "You think you deserve to force us to give you of what we have because you're stronger than we are. Sounds a lot like you're profiting off the backs of those weaker than you," she brings her hands up into the air. "Kinda the same thing."

"But, that's all I got- insight. I'm already gonna work to getting a message out to my little brother and sister, reminding them their safety is worth more than Alderaan or even the Republic."

"Maybe you might wanna consider that the Empire your mega-powerful daddy created while also ruining your, and your brothers- probably- lives might not actually be as good as you think it is," she says, sucking some air through her teeth.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"I owe no allegiance to anyone, but I see no reason to intervene either. It's not my concern," she admitted.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Wasn't asking you to," she says, stretching her legs out straight along the floor. Hooking the heels of her boots into a little crevice.

"It really is easy to turn away and say you don't wanna do anything. Don't want to make connections," she says, and slowly brings her feet back up until they find solid footing beneath her. "You know, we met next to the pit- watching the children. Looking over at the slaves nearby. You chose to do nothing then either- but I've come to learn you coulda."

Riss pushes herself up to her feet, and extends a hand down toward Vaylin, "Maybe you should quit talking down about people if you aren't doing anything better."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."