This is a central command area with communications and connections to area sensors for security.
Katarzyna Panteer

[D6 EE] Running The Numbers (Open)

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

They had gotten a huge influx of new people on the base; rescued slaves. All with different needs... but some of them were willing to help how they could.

It was now turning into a logistic issue of sorting everything out. Power, food, resources, warm clothes, rooming, space. She knew she had a good head for numbers and this side of helping out, so she was pouring over the records they had so far of the rescues.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Dapper Dog

Re: [D6 EE] Running The Numbers (Open)

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Give me an average Leadership with a boost die due to being thankful for being freed.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Katarzyna Panteer

Some would say Kat managed to do this well because of her position as princess-consort of Alderaan, but the truth was that she had done this kind of stuff for years as a Jedi when helping out in the Outer Rim. Sometimes people just needed someone to take leadership with a gentle hand and point others in the right direction.

------

D6 EE. Running The Numbers. Leadership/Presence. +1B for helpful folks. Cascader. Influence +2F. Average diffiiculty: 1eP+1eA+1eB+2eF+2eD 3 successes, 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Using Light pips for Advantages, for good morale and cooperative spirit?
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The people are helpful even the children, as bets as they are able.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

One person that stands out is Vaylin who seems to be focusing her efforts on the children seeing to their needs in her way.
Eternal Empire | Force Sensitive | Unstable | Daughter of the Dragon | Human

*Played by Dapper Dog
Katarzyna Panteer

Kat gave a respectful bow of her head to Vaylin. "Thank you for helping out, princess Vaylin. There's a surprising amount of children here that were rescued."

Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"Indeed there are, I pity them," she said.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Katarzyna Panteer

"So do I. Slavery is already terrible enough, but enslaving children is even worse," Kat sighed heavily, looking to the children who were now eager to help out with distributing ration-bars to the younger ones. A sense of purpose helped many forget the terrible things they'd been through.

"I believe I heard you had two brothers, yes? Did you perhaps look after them when you were younger?"

Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"I am the youngest," she said looking at the children. "Savages utilize slavery, it has long since been abandoned on Zakuul, our machines provide all we need."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Katarzyna Panteer

"Mm, the Republic has illegalized slavery, but the Sith Empire and many other worlds outside of those two still use it. I do agree that it is a savage and barbaric practice." Though the Sith would justify it until they died probably.

She looked at Vaylin with some concern, but also hope. Perhaps she could be the key to saving the galaxy? "Were, or... are you close with your brothers?"

Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

“Yes, though Thexan tends to be the one I talk to the most,” she admitted. “My brothers were princes of an empire but father made sure they had to struggle.”

“They live to please him, of course father is never pleased.”

“Or was,” she admitted.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Katarzyna Panteer

"It must have been difficult growing up with a father like that," she said, sympathizing for Vaylin's childhood. "But your brothers... are they now the leaders of your home, Zakuul, as princes of the Emperor?"

If someone claimed to be an Eternal Emperor, was there even such a thing as a line of succession in place, Kat wondered.

Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"Yes, they rule in father's stead, I doubt they will ever reveal he is dead as that would... well there is only one throne," she admitted.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Katarzyna Panteer

"I see." That could turn ugly for Zakuul, but might sadly be something to exploit if they had no other options. But if possible, they should avoid causing harm to the people of Zakuul.

"If long-distance communication was possible... could you speak to your brothers? I'm... to understand that they are leading an offensive against the galaxy - Republic, Sith Empire, everyone in between. A lot of people are, and will, suffer needlessly. If we could solve our differences peacefully somehow... it would stop a lot of pain." Kat tried to balance her tone between respectful and sincere. Vaylin already had much going on and pushing her too much could be unfortunate.

Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"I will not intervene in my brothers' campaign, it's not my concern," she admitted.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Katarzyna Panteer

Kat nodded, not wanting to push Vaylin too much on the subject. "Of course. All I ask is to keep it in mind..." she glanced to the children who were almost scattered now to go do their own things. "For the sake of the children out there, if nothing else."

Once more her thoughts drifted to her own child, and she hoped dearly that Vishani and Gaul were both safe. Would she able to forgive herself if anything happened to them, and Alderaan?

Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"In the long run the children will be better off," she added watching them go.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Katarzyna Panteer

"Perhaps," Kat said calmy, "but many of them will be hurt, and scared. It's better to let them choose their own future with guidance, rather than to force a vision on them against their will." Then it's no better than what the Emperor did to his own daughter.

Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

Vaylin watched quietly and then added, "This galaxy is broken; my father was a monster, but the vision of Valkorian is noble."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Katarzyna Panteer

"Forgive me, but I must question that nobility, considering what the same person did to you," Kat said with some concern for Vaylin's well-being.

She sighed. "At the end of the day, I'm just a parent who is also worried about my child too. Many of us here are." An apologetic smile was directed to her. "Shall we return to work?"