This is a central command area with communications and connections to area sensors for security.
C5-PT

[Day 3 - MA] Are you Blue Vertex (Challenge)

Post by C5-PT »

C5-PT has been driving the command staff crazy with rattling off its strange speech and finally General Zholyeva has tasked a group to figure out what the kriff this droid is trying to relate. Hopefully it might reveal more about those that made it, or why it has been haunting the base.

The droid brings up some holo maps and says, “Gold intersectors pink secant yellow parallels to orange circular. Potential black tangent very red vertical, gold intersectors verdant perpendicular yellow parallels.”

OOC: This Challenge uses the following skills; Computers, Cool, Discipline, Education, Leadership, Lore, Perception, Skulduggery, Survival, and Xenology. It is advised that players do some role play with the droid, but they are welcome to start rolling right away.
Protocol Droid | Inquisitive | Strange Speak | Alien Origins

*Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Bellious

Re: [Day 3 - MA] Are you Blue Vertex (Challenge)

Post by Darth Bellious »

"So we meet again. Have the colours changed much since we last spoke?" Moyr approached the robot. It looked intact, so probably it hadn't been sliced into after all.
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"Hello, C-Five," Tethys says, rather cheerfully for her. She finds that she feels a bit protective of the droid; it would be best to help untangle its language challenges quickly, before some less patient person starts in on it with a hydrospanner.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

Hacha nods along as he listens to the droid, who he has taken a shine to.

"Ok, I got some of that. Gold intersector is their creator. We are yellow perpendicular because there is a threat rating because we have weaponry, and red and black are bad ratings. Something we are doing is threatening to make us be upgraded to a higher threat level. Potential of death, high likelihood of wounds. Is that correct so far C5?"
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

A third woman entered the room holding a large cup of caff with a insectile pictogram drawn on it.

"Good afternoon." She said before sipping her coffee "I see C5 is quite Popular"
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"I missed the moment we moved from parallels to perpendiculars. But yes, I think it's threatening us at this point. Verdant perpendicular is a nice way of saying being subdued by its master. Because violence is only bad for this droid if it comes from outside in, not when it comes from inside out." Moyr commented on the side.
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys smiles at Hacha. "We're under observation, Mr. Tsuko. That's what 'verdant perpendicular' means. I'm not sure about the 'pink secant' or 'orange circular'; are you?"

She nods to Baes, whom she knows, and more cautiously to Bellious, whom she's at least seen around the base by this point.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

Moyr chose to be polite with the others, nothing more, nothing less. She suspected she could make Baes' life difficult by manifesting familiarity and affection before her fellow Jedi, and she didn't want that.

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Huh'' she computed the new intel ''So I take it you all have had prior interaction? You seem to have gleaned more then I on this front.''

One more sip. Her eyes were focused on the droid but a little smile could perhaps have manifested itself when her eyes had crossed Bellious's. Perhaps.

''My first hypothesis was that the shapes and colors he described were similar to pictograms or glyphs but it seems I was off somewhat.''
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"Geometricals are ontic concepts, entities if you will, colours are values." Moyr commented. "In tandem, they can be used as both nouns and verbs. The droid world's is imagined in reference to a circle."

Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

"Looks like a bunch of us have. I do not believe that this droid is of any danger to us. In point of fact, I will take exception to anyone harming C5."

Hacha looks over the group. "But I think we agree that we need to figure out what he is talking about. Some of those color and shapes are new. I believe it is some kind of warning of an incoming threat."
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"I wouldn't bet on golden intersectors being benevolent."

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"I'm just pattern-matching so far, I'm afraid. I don't have a sense of the grammar yet," Tethys demurs. "For example, we're 'yellow parallels,' but C-Five's masters are 'gold intersectors.' And yet we're both groups of sentient beings it interacts with. It's interesting, isn't it?" She seems to be enjoying the challenge; it's a pleasant change from mucking out abandoned ice chambers, certainly.

She paces over to C5-PT's holomaps and takes a closer look at them. "Could 'orange circular' be a location on these maps, then? Is it somewhere you want us to go?" She looks back over her shoulder at the others. "Recognize any of this terrain?"

--
D3 MA Blue Vertical Challenge--Discipline, Destiny: 3eP+1eA+4eD 3 successes, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Starting us off! Discipline to cut through the distraction and focus on the message.

1 successful roll down. Threat as strain, I guess? Unless DD has other plans. :lol:

Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

Hacha pulls out a holoslate and a chart with a color wheel and a few phrases.

"Here is what I have matched out so far. Please fill in which pieces of vocabulary that I have so far missed."

Hacha's academic training shows a surprising amount of organization and helps prioritize the groups efforts.

Challenge-Are you Blue Vertex-Difficulty 3 with an extra for power-Education: 1eP+5eA+4eD 2 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
(Upgrade and boost to next roll)
(2/2 rolls passed)
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

Meanwhile, Moyr started to flood the robot's controls with sweetly whispered questions about random combinations of colours and geometrics, overloading its attention processors to the point of provoking less guarded explanations of the true questions... It was very effective.

MA3. Challenge. Skulduggery. Master of Shadows.: 2eP+2eA+3eD 4 successes, 3 threat, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[3 strain taken. 1 setback to the next roll. Triumph to make the droid more eager to provide explanations of terms it uses.]
Last edited by Darth Bellious on Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Mmmh'' she listened to the explanations and the steps her colleagues were undertaking, her mind racing. She was tempted to try to understand the particularities what would create such a language but...those patterns...

...she was sure she had seen them already

Tython?

"Tython!"

Blue Vertex challenge, daunting, Lore, Neural amulet (+5 strain for +5 boosts), setback from Moyr: 3eP+2eA+5eB+4eD+1eS 5 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"Excellent work, everyone. This is the least blue vertex I've felt all day, by far."

Tethys reaches in to rotate the holomap, confident it will soon come into focus...

--

OOC: Challenge completed.

Yay!

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''The lines were familiar but I did not realize where I saw them until now.'' she explains ''Many of the same patterns can be found in the ruins of Tython but time has long since washed any colored pigments away''
C5-PT

Post by C5-PT »

C5-PT verbalized, “Yellow parallels show purple vertex.”

The droid then gestured to the holo map as they married things down and it shows a distant valley in the Endless Frozen Sea, it looks like from the outdated data they have there is nothing there but the droid points.

“Gold intersectors wish to verdant perpendicular black tangent against gray parallels, yellow parallels become gray intersectors.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

"Your makers want us to go after something they seem as a threat, and if we do so, our status will change?" Hacha asks, trying to piece together the comment. He studies the area that the droid is indicating
C5-PT

Post by C5-PT »

The droid verbalized, "That is mostly purple vertex."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

Hacha looks around the group. "I mean, if someone wants to refine or confirm what I asked, that's fine by me. But I have a hunch, and if its right, it'll line right up with what we were needing to do anyway."

Hacha looks over the data on the holotable and studies it. "I did run a scan yesterday while on patrol. The topography is out of date, maybe we can match it up to what we mapped out so far and try to compare it in order to update the plot."

(Possible Computers, Outer Rim or Education to try to get a better idea of where C5 is indicating?)
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Computers or Outer Rim at Hard, I'll flip a destiny so 2eD+1eC
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

Hacha detatches a plug from this cyberbrain and threads it into a plug on the table. The table fuzzes out for a moment before snapping back in more recognizable and clearer detail.

Blue Vertex-Update the Plot-Computers Hard with GM Destiny flip upgrade: 2eP+4eA+1eC+2eD 4 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
(Advantage for useful detail on the map)
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The new details show some kind of half buried structure out there, large enough to house at least a freighter-class ship from the sensors.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist