Basic living area, apartment style living for two people per room with a public refresher for personnel.
Remmington Balmung

Too Hawke To Handle [ME7, Open]

Post by Remmington Balmung »

In some room in the barracks, another gathering is not taking place. It was just a coincidence that there are a number people are gathering. Remmington stands behind a podium and waits for the crowd to gather before starting the 2nd and final Vera Hawke auction.
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Pipka

Re: Too Hawke To Handle [ME7, Open]

Post by Pipka »

Pipka showed up with bells and whistles, he didn't have much else left to barter with. He'd also brought a few collectibles of his own along, and some knick-knacks that others might like. The generous Lord Remmington had accepted five goats in the last auction.
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Remmington Balmung

Remmington spots the Vera Hawke Chandra Fan and greets him. "Happy to you see once again Pipka. I hope you had a good day so far."

/ Once again, nothing will actually be traded in game. This is just for goofy RP. Please feel to go ham with bids.

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Layne had no idea what this was about; but people were gathering. Which apparently was just a coincidence. Also there was a podium, for some reason. Well, not having anything better to do, she decided to see what this was about and took up an inconspicuous location by a wall.
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Remmington Balmung

Remmington notes the appearance of Layne and is a little surprised by it. "Master Layne." He gives her a nod from his podium.

After a number of people have gathered he gives the podium a bang with his makeshift gavel to get everyone's attention.

"Thank you ladies and gentlemen for coming. This is the 2nd and final Vera Hawke auction so let's make this a night to remember! We will start it off hot with this item."

A holopic pops up showing an unusual looking device that looks like it belongs inside a starship.

"For our mecha fans out there we will start with the Infinity Engine that Vera and her friends discover in the final season. A relic of the Rakata and their Infinite Empire, this engine allowed their ship to 'fold' space and travel anywhere in the galaxy within a parsec. Yes, it is that fast! Here is the concept art, design notes, and schematics for all you hard core fans out there. Let us begin the bidding."

A number of the more engineering looking fans quickly start placing their bids.

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Oh god. This was a Vera Hawke auction?

Whyyyy...

Some people *still* thought Layne's lightsaber and what not were inspired by Vera Hawke instead of the other way around. Damn her.

In the back, Layne's hand went up to her face in annoyance. Which inadvertently might be taken to represent a bid.
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Pipka noted Layne's arrival and looked around eagerly to see where Jerri was. After a short time waiting and dedicated inspection of all present, a thought occured to him. Lord Remmington got him again. There was no way Layne and Jerri wouldn't be together, especially in attending a Vera Hawke auction. Unless... unless he was waiting to make a dramatic entrance. That was probably it.

As the first item came up on the auction block, Pipka's thoughts went to his good friend Hacha. The Duros wasn't a particular fan of Vera Hawke, but he wasn't an unfan as far as he could tell. What Hacha did like was tech. Even if this was fantasy tech, there were schematics and whatnot. He started to bid, but saw Layne take over the top bid and stopped. Surely he couldn't bring himself to get between Layne and something so personal to her.

Opting to crawl under the other auction goers rather than floating above (it was poor form to interfere with potential bids), Pipka was making his way to the back towards Layne when yet another thought occurred to him. He had originally thought the Darksaber was merely a work of fiction, an impossibility, but Layne had spoken to the bona fides of its origin. Was it possible the Infinity Engine was a similar piece of obscure tech that made its way into Vera Hawke. If nothing else could be said about Jerri and his work, it was that he was an advocate for realism.

Well, all things are fair in love, war, and the quest for memorabilia (especially if it might have real life implications). Pipka hopped up from the floor and raised his placard in an energetic bid, calling out, "I'll bid the location of a prime grub grub hunting ground."
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
description
Remmington Balmung

Remmington is a bit surprised by a bid from Layne of all people but acknowledges it. "600fromMasterLayneDoIhear700?" He says in rapid success until Pipka makes his bid.

"PrimegrubgrubhuntinggroundDoIhearacompetingbidGoingoncegoingtwiceSOLDtotheVeraHawkeChandraFan!" He bangs his makeshift gavel and there is a polite applause from the crowd. There are some looks of jealousy as the Chandra-Fan makes off with another item.

"Now, I forgot to mention that like before there will be 2 more regular items and then 2 grand items at the end. So please hold onto your excitement till the very end folks. Now for our next piece..."

The holopic flickers on to show some rough sketches of perhaps a comic or panel. At some points the people are either stick figures or just a blob with names showing like 'Vera' and 'Captain Full Frontal'. There is text put in speech bubbles. There are even some designs with notes like 'missionary' and 'reverse CG' and 'wall mounting' and a speech bubble involving sheathing a lightsaber.

"Our next item is the full storyboard of the romance scene between Vera Hawke and Captain Full Frontal; Imperial Ace, re-occurring villain, at odds-ally, romantic interest and definitely not a Revan clone; from Season 4 Episode 9: From the Empire With Love. This storyboard was written by Jerri Organa but cut short due to its length and heavily NSFW material that could no way be aired on the Holonet. Now let's open it up to bidding..."

Once again, the bids light up but this time from the hardcore shipping and romance fans.

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"No I didn't--"

She was not spending credits on this junk, so the thought of accidentally making a bid was problematic. Fortunately, Pipka intervened. He probably hadn't actually intended to rescue her, she realized; but she really didn't mind him snatching up the item in what the chadra-fan might be imagining was some heated bidding war between fellow enthusiasts.

Then the next item was displayed and she *almost* made the same mistake again. Instead she just let out an annoyed grunt.

Jerri...

Unfortunately, the annoyed grunt *could* be misinterpreted as being another bid.
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Hacha would be so happy with his present.

Now, onto the next item. He couldn't quite make out what the storyboards were showing, but the notations and Lord Remmington's own explanation cleared that up. Pipka was tempted to raise his placard once more, but he heard a... moan? from Layne. 'Ah, this must be another one of Jerri's superior, realistic scenes and it's bringing back some memories for Master Layne. I'll let her regain those memories.' he thinks.

He continues on his trek along the floor and reaches the back wall with Layne as the bidding closes.
description
Remmington Balmung

Remmington brings down the gavel with the final bid. "SOLD! The winner of this round is Master Layne. Please come see me afterwards for your prize. Also, be sure to remember to raise your bidding sign next time but I'll allow this as a favour to an old classmate." He smiles as he does Layne a solid.

Once again there is a round of applause from the surprised audience as they were not aware that Jedi were also fans of the show.

The holovid flickers on again and this time the hilt of the lightsaber is shown.

"On next item is a must have for any Vera Hawke enthusiast. The only schematics to make your very own Vera Hawke Darksaber! This is the new design after Vera Hawke reforges her lightsaber following her loss to Darth Tyranus. Now I must include a warning to not leave in the hands of children. With that we shall start the bidding..."

Remmington takes a number of bids that fly in fast. The schematics to those familiar with the creation of lightsabers appear to be actually real schematics. Though any Jedi or Sith will almost immediately notice that there is no room for a crystal to be fit in. Most likely designed to be like that on purpose.

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"Okay first of all, I didn't just put in a bid!" She yelled out, exasperated both by the fact she'd somehow gotten *that* particular item without even trying, and the fact that they were now onto this new item.

*The* item.

"...Secondly, you know Vaya Jin stole that design from me. You were there when she did, Remmy!"

She didn't care if she was making a scene.

Or maybe she *wanted* to.
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Pipka floated up and gave Layne a congratulatory pat on the back, whispering, "Nice." Did he mean winning the bid, or something else?

He was about to add some small talk, but Lord Remmington was on a roll and the next item popped up. Dumbfounded for a moment, Layne's little outburst spurred him to action. Before realizing what she was actually saying, assuming it was a bid, he slammed his arm into the air with his placard to bid calling out, "One original, autographed copy of Desilijic Keyhote's chivalric code."

It was after his bid was accepted that he registered what Layne had actually said. Playing coy about her first bid, while turning around and showing her jealous side. He shook his head, how love makes fools of us all.
description
Remmington Balmung

Remmington bangs the gavel after the final bid is made. "SOLD! To the Vera Hawke Chandra-Fan. Let's give a round of applause everyone."

During the brief pause he replies to Layne. "Of course Layne. Don't worry, I understand." He gives her a wink. She must be embarrassed by the item. He then continues. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. That just means that Jin and obviously the rest of the galaxy are enamoured by your Darksaber. Isn't that great?"

He smiles and then flicks the holovid to the next item. "Now everyone we get to our main event. The first item of our grand items for this auction."

The holopic of a female Mandalorian appears.

"This is the pilot episode of a spin off series following the female Mandalorian who breaks off from Vera Hawke at the end of the Vera Hawke series. Written by Jerri Organa, Hunter: Even Armour Can't Hide These Measurements follows the adventures and romance of the female Mandalorian after the the finale of Vera Hawke. Unfortunately the series was scrapped after the abysmal reviews from the test viewings of the pilot episode. This was despite the reveal of the female Mandalorian's face and name at the end of the pilot episode.

Interestingly enough, the female Mandalorian returns in the 2nd and most recent Vera Hawke movie. They chose not to keep the idea from the spin off series so the female Mandalorian remains unnamed and masked. For the more hardcore and astute fans, they may have noticed that the female Mandalorian is 5 cm taller than previously. That is due to the studio being unable to come to a new agreement with the original actress so they brought in a new one and voice modulated her voice to match the original actress. The studio had planned in a future installment to have the female Mandalorian to breathe in some chemical smoke which ends up ultimately altering her voice and explain why the character sounds different in the future.

Now let's get the bidding under way..."

The next round of bidding starts with some truly over the top bids being made. Someone even bid their 1st born child, which Remmington regrettable has to throw a towel on that he is not accepting sentient life forms as bids.