Basic living area, apartment style living for two people per room with a public refresher for personnel.
Remmington Balmung

Not-So-Silent Vera Hawke Auction [LE4, Open]

Post by Remmington Balmung »

The first rule was not to talk about it.
There was definitely nothing going on in a certain room in the Barracks.
Remmington has absolutely no knowledge or involvement about anything or items that may have mysteriously come about. He will certainly throw anyone under the bus if it comes out.
With all of that...

There are some seats set up but is mostly standing room and some numbered flags available to people. He stands behind a makeshift podium and has a holo display ready to display some goods. He waits for people to arrive for the 1st Vera Hawke auction. The schedule lists 3 items and 2 grand items for auction but keeps the exact items secret for now.

/ This is just for fun RP. No items/credits/etc will be traded. Please feel free to go total ham.

Will wait for people to join before starting the auction. Probably tonight, so feel free to RP.
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Pipka

Re: Not-So-Silent Vera Hawke Auction [LE4, Open]

Post by Pipka »

The anticipation had been building up in Pipka to the point where he felt like he might explode. Despite the events of the day, he quickly made his way to the barracks at the appointed time.

"Am I late, did I missed anything?!" He exclaims as he literally flies into the room.
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Remmington Balmung

Remmington chuckles and shakes his head. "Not at all Pipka. I decided to give people some time to show up. Glad to have you. I am surprised by the number of people that actually sat through for the entire marathon these past few weeks."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie was about to retire for the night until she passed back the door where the supposedly secret gathering was scheduled, especially the sound of conversation coming from within. She looked to the two there and then her attention went to the seats with the number flags. It perhaps took a moment for her to get past her own bemusement on the situation before she spoke. What is this supposed to be an auction of sorts? Here of all places?

"...Good evening, everyone. What is happening here exactly?" She inquired with a hint of confusion.
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother
Description | Art by MasterArsenic

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Remmington Balmung

"Good evening. Thanks for joining us for this Vera Hawke auction that is definitely not happening right now." Remmington explains.

"Lord Remmington Balmung at your service. Though I am totally not here right now."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"...Prince Aurilie Alde of the Kingdom of Mount Joral and representative of Alderaan," she returned the introduction with a hint of a cautious tone.

Regardless of how peculiar the situation was, she walked into the room to attend the event. "I see...This seems peculiar, as you're clearly here and for something. If this is a private event, I can easily take my leave, Lord Remmington. I'm not so sure you need to go about double talk if everything that is happening here is legal in most systems. Vera Hawke? I can't say I'm familiar with the organization. Is this something in Empire space?"
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Remmington Balmung

Remmington smiles. "Everyone and anyone is welcome. So please come in and enjoy yourself Prince Aurilie. Signed an NDA, so technically can't really talk about this for another couple of years... unless they make some more content."

He shakes his head at the last question. "Vera Hawke: Jedi Knight is a popular series in the Republic. They had the final season some time ago and a couple of movies after that." He explains.

"I am actually surprised that you had never heard of it."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

People from both factions mill around looking at what is on offer. It was a distraction from work and the cold at least.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Remmington Balmung

Remmington notices the growing crowd. "If you will excuse me Prince, it appears that I should get things started."

He walks over to stand behind the podium. "Greetings all to the 1st Vera Hawke auction! There will be a total of 3 items and 2 grand items up for bid today. So without further ado, LET'S GET STARTED!"

Remmington turns on the holo-projector and select scenes pop up. "The first item of the day is a holovid of the 1st episode of Vera Hawke... where Vera Hawke is censored for the entire episode. You will notice the choice of censor is not the usual blur effect or black censor bar but a bubble shape that hides the indecent parts while still showing plenty of skin. It is a tantalizing dish for people of culture who understand the allure of the hint of indecency outweighs straight up nudity. We shall start the bid at 100!"

He says in a rapid pace of an auctioneer. "OnehundredDoIhavetwohundredTwohundredTwofiftyfromnumberthirtyseven..." The bidding continues among the cultured individuals.

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"I see..." she said at first. "My apologies, Lord Remmington, I suppose I am a bit behind when it comes to trends and entertainment. Content tends to be heavily curated when it comes to the remote regions of Alderaan that I call my home. I'm sure it's a good series, if it has run on for that long. However, a bit of a loss when something so popular has a need for secrecy at all."

She gave a look around the room. "However, I do see it's an auction of sorts and something I can participate in. Maybe something could catch my fancy, despite having no knowledge of this show. I hope the auction is a success."

With that, she allowed him to part ways and run his event. She found herself a seat and took up a sign that was found there.

When the first item was present, she tilted her head curiously and crossed her arms, merely looking at those around her. No bids from her.

Pipka

Post by Pipka »

'Sitting' in his seat, Pipka awaited the reveal of the first item. Before Lord Remmington even started speaking, he immediately recognized it for what it was.

The illusive, bubble-censored edition of S01E01 Vera Hawke. It was something that had eluded his searches in the past, and now, there it was. His hand shot into the air, but he only heard other bids being acknowledged. Desperately, he fumbles around in his seat for the numbered placard before lifting off and banging into the ceiling. Pushing off with his feet, so it looked as though he was hanging upside down from the ceiling (a strangely comfortable position), he 'raised' his placard below his head.
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
description
Remmington Balmung

Remmington seems to have spotted the subtle sign from Pipka and acknowledges his bid. "WehaveabidfromtheVeraHawkeChandraFanDowwehaveanyotherbidders."

It seems that the other bidders have decided to hold out for now knowing that things are only getting started.

"GoingoncegoingtwiceSold!" He taps the podium and points his makeshift gavel towards Pipka. "Please come see me afterwards for your item."

"Now onto our next time. To be fair, this time there will be some man service available."

The holovid switches over to a holopic of one of the Imperial enemies that Vera Hawke frequently face.

"Captain Full Frontal. Imperial Ace, reoccurring villain, at times reluctant ally, and sometimes at-odds romantic interest of Vera Hawke and definitely not a Revan clone."

He switches to show some behind the scene training of the Full Frontal actor on a hydro-surfboard riding the waves. The actor can be seen running up and down the beach with hydro-surfboard in hand.

"This is some behind the scenes training of the actor in preparation for Season 4 Episode 6 - Ride the Wave. This is where Captain Full Frontal confronts Vera Hawke and due to plot reasons they decide to settle the match with a hydro-surfing contest. As you know the contest results in a draw after some outside interference but not before Captain Full Frontal puts on a dazzling display of skill." Remmington explains. Anyone who may have been on his ship, may have noticed a familiar hydro-surfboard.

"We will start this bid..." As he starts the bid a number of bids from the female attendees shoot up.

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurile narrowed her eyes at the next offering before conceding her interest. However, her interest was probably found more in watching those who were bidding and found greater enthusiasm in the pieces. "...I'm sensing a theme around here. I suppose it is a bit fortuitous that all of these curious pieces of the same fandom have found themselves here. This either must have come from one person's treasured gallery or a great coincidence that everyone has a piece of recent history. Well, calling it history might be a tad presumptuous at the moment."

Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Floating on Cloud City, or least on his repulsors, Pipka celebrated his win of the first auction item. He took a moment to arrange himself in his seat and prepare his placard. It was a rookie mistake not to have it prepped and ready to bid in the first place.

The next item popped up. A collection of behind the scenes holopics of one of his favorite characters. Not just the character, but the actor as well. Without such a dedicated performance, the holovid fans wouldn't have experienced the same anger, excitement, betrayal, desire, and finally understanding and acceptance that Jerri had written into one of his most complex supporting characters. Who could turn down a good villain, redemption, romance, double agent, resolution arc? It certainly didn't hurt that the actor was a good looking man, younwould have to be blind not to admit it.

Plus the masked played. He had been meaning to talk to Hacha about mocking up his scav-suit helmet with a cooler, mask like facade. Maybe he could use these holopics as a baseline for Hacha to work from.

The placard went up.
description
Remmington Balmung

The ladies were bidding back and forth with some ridiculous bids like... 350 and you may date my little sister... when the bid by the Chandra-Fan caught everyone by surprise. So much so that they forgot to continue to bid which ends up scoring Pipka with another item.

"SoldtotheVeraHawkeChandraFan!' Remmington bangs the gavel ending the bid.

A number of female fans are disappointed and keep their eyes on the Chandra-Fan for a moment before the holo of the next auction item appear. It is monstrous.

"For a change a pace, for all the bestiary fans out there, we have the gargantuan beast from the 2 part episode of the same name. Its name... GIGAN-TIC.

A monster created by ancient Sith alchemy. As mean as a rancor. Stands at 16 metres tall. Claws capable of spreading vehicles like paper. A hide so thick that vibro-axes and regular blaster shots slide off it like water off a space-duck's back. Vera Hawke and her friends needed to hit it with artillery fire in order to soften it up. Though it's most fearsome ability is the way it draws upon the Dark Side to fire a disintegration beam from its mouth that can hit ships up to 1 km away.

Today we have not only concept art for the beast, a 1;1 holovid with all the creature's stats, a 1:8 scale model for those of you with 4D printers to create your own monster with at still an impressive 2 metre size, and finally the cancelled Gigan-tic character for Dejarik. Even though it counts as all the pieces, in my opinion it is worth it. Though that is also why it was never sold. It broke the balance of the game."

After the explanation he starts the bid. The bids this time are pretty muted. Only the real hard core fans throw in a bid. Though most seem to be holding back for the upcoming 2 grand items.

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"That's a bit silly in concept, I doubt anyone would have an estate large enough to display something so large." Still, it seemed like a trophy of sorts, so Aurilie would contribute some bids to the item. She elegantly raised her flag was a subtle show of her bid but she wouldn't go as deep as the other fans. The lack of sentimental value to her allowed her to hold back.

Remmington Balmung

Remmington bangs his gavel. "Sold to the Prince! Congratulations on your win. Please see me afterward for the item."

Polite applause follows and the tension and excitement jumps up as they get into the meat of the meal.

"Now without further adieu we present our first grand item of the auction. An item that only needs a single sentence to grab the hearts of true fans."

There is a dramatic pause before a new holo pic flickers on. It appears to be a script with a REJECTED stamp over it.

"Ladies and gentlemen, a copy of the rejected story script proposal written by Jerri Organa, VERA FALCON IN JEDI HIGH!!!!"

A flurry of bids raise up in rapid session and Remmington can just barely keep up.

Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Distracted, looking at the behind the scenes holopics of Captain Full Frontal, Pipka missed out on an entire item being offered. It was probably for the best. Nudimsu had been dropping not so subtle hints about the limited space on the Turtle... Well, that was a problem for another day.

Just when he thought there wasn't any way this auction could get any better, the rumored YA fiction. Publishers were too scared and shortsighted to put out a series for young adults written by a well known erotica author. They were so blinded by their own carnal desires they couldn't see the inherit value of Jerri's writing.

He almost froze, raising his little arm with the placard as high as he could at the last moment.
description
Remmington Balmung

The crowd is momentarily stunned by the outrageous bid. Remmington gives the gavel the final hit. "Sold to Vera Hawke Chandra-Fan for 5 Space Goats! Everyone give him a round of applause."

The applause erupts around the crowd. After the crowd settles down, the final reveal is brought up.

"Now for our final grand item today... during the Episode: Sluggfellows, Vera ends up captured and imprisoned by the Hutts. There she meets and Sith in a similar situation and the two of them have to work together to escape. Without further adieu... we have behind-the-scene holopix of both Vaya Jinn and the Sith actress in their slave girl attire!!!"

The holovid comes to life and there is a gasp and a mad frenzy of bids and drown out the sound that the previous bids made. Even Remmington seems to be having trouble trying to keep track of all the bids flying.

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie was a bit surprised that she won that auction but wasn't completely to complain. She did turn pensive when started to wonder where she was going to keep the item. However, that might be something she can worry about after they return home, she supposed.

At the next proceeding, she was happy to let people go about their bids and give a small clap afterwards when it was done. When the last item came up, she raised her brow at this and again watched the proceedings without contest. "Hm, if this was an aired episode, would they not have been wearing those outfits in the episode? I suppose they consider it extra footage but again, I might be a bit at a loss of its value," which she thought out loud to no one in particular again.

Pipka

Post by Pipka »

More behind the scenes and of the perpetually desired Sluggfellows slave girl outfits. Pipka had already bid away five of his precious goats. He would pick from the unnamed stock he had set aside for later slaughter, but he couldn't afford anything more. It was with reluctance that Pipka kept his placard down during the final bidding frenzy, but he couldn't be happier with his haul.

He would treasure his copy of "Vera Falcon in Jedi High" for the rest of his life.
description
Remmington Balmung

After the rapid frenzy Remmington bangs the makeshift gavel for the last time today. "Sold! To BrownHairedVeraGirl69 for 5,000, a week of cleaning duties, and permission to date her sisters." Some of the bidders went all in with this last one.

Remmington claps his hands to get everyone's attention and silence. "That is all for today. I am pleased to announce that there will be another auction sometime in the future. The mecha fans out there will be eating good next time so I look forward to seeing you all again. All the winners, please come see me afterward for your items."

People start to funnel out, others hang around to chat, some curious to see the items up close stay around. Remmington takes out his datapad and transfers the holopix to BrownHairedVeraGirl69 who holds up her datapad in glory to some gods or whatever and practically skips away hugging her prize.

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie found herself blinking at the final bid for the last item. "Strange that permission to date sisters would be thrown in like that as you'd think that it would be themselves giving that permission. Surely, I hope, it's some sort of normal custom on a world to be given that much leeway but I imagine it must be on a world under Empire dominion. Still, very peculiar," she thought out loud to nobody in particular.

She stepped up to Remmington for a while after the people started filing out and nodded to him. "It seems like it was a relative success. Well done, Lord Remmington."

Remmington Balmung

Remmington smiles and starts to transfer the prize to Aurilie. "I have no idea of such a custom either. Just goes to show that the galaxy is a big place. Thank you for your assistance with that Prince Aurilie though I am surprised you took an interest in a show that you have never seen before."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"I had perhaps hoped to pick up some of the show's nuances based on the merchandise presented here. If the show truly is as popular as it is, then I could only assume that appeal would be universal. However, I get the impression that it's something that's a bit based on the appearances of the actors and actresses. The monsters of the show too, of course. Not a criticism per se, just an observation. However, if it brings happiness to people here and staves us from cabin fever, I can only assume it's more good than anything."

She shook her head before went too far on her tangent. "Nevertheless, thank you for the entertainment. Have yourself a good evening, Lord Remmington."