Basic living area, apartment style living for two people per room with a public refresher for personnel.
Baesal Zyn

Re: Prisoner Dilemma (D4, EA)

Post by Baesal Zyn »

"I won't for murder or escape. Espionnage has truly nothing to do with what is happening, however."
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

She shrugged; the charges hadn't been made known to her until now. Or maybe they had and she hadn't really listened to them. Murder was the important one, of course. Espionage, well... she assumed that was just an assumption people were making. Or maybe she'd inadvertently handed over secrets without realizing; it wasn't impossible.

Either way, she wasn't sure she really cared about the exact details they'd try her for.
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

"I am sorry if I am rushing you." She had the idea she might have been
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"...no. Just... ask me what you need to ask, I guess."
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

"Tell me about the circumstances of the lieutenant's death" she said

"That is the piece I do not fully grasp"
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"It's obvious, no? I thought I had to rush headfirst back into the Darkness, so I could be ready to learn what I needed to learn in the Vergence. A willful act like the murder of an innocent... well... I told myself it was necessary. That it'd be worth it."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Baesal gave her a blank stare

"Oh? How did you proceed? Where did it happen?"
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"What does it matter? I..."

She sighed.

"...If you bring it up at the trial it will... only complicate things for the people here."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

"I can understand the bigger pictures, trust me." She frowned "I will learn one way or the other, you know I am thourough"
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

She decided to just trust Baesal.

"I went to my old master. Did I say that yet? I don't remember, it's all... a bit of a jumble. Anyway, it's how it happened, with Daz. Baras sensed me pulling on the Dark Side when I meditated on what I had seen the first time in the Vergence. I knew; or... thought I knew I had to get closer to the Dark Side before going back in for what I needed. And he was there, giving me a push. I knew that's what he was doing, but I played along anyway. I let my anger flow. We fought. Daz intervened. It happened."

She sighed.

"I went back to Baras, the next day. I decided it had to be for a reason. That obsession again. I thought, I'll be his apprentice again. Just for a little bit. Until I got what I needed to earn back the light. And I knew he would make me do something terrible. I *knew*. I was prepared. And I *did* it, Baesal. Baras isn't the who made me decide that. He was just... there to facilitate it. His other apprentice, Draahg, dragged her in front of me. Bound. I was told she'd been spying on the Empire. I had to prove my resolve to him. And I thought, she was going to die anyway, so if it helps me achieve the thing... But that was an excuse. I made the choice. I was the one to do it."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Baesal's face got stern for a moment, then relaxed

''You are doing it again Layne, putting everything on your shoulder. You acted, yes, but you were vulnerable and people exploited you.'' she shook her lightly

''I listened to what you told me and I will do my best to help you not fall in the same patterns'' she got serious again ''For now I will keep this for me, as promised''
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"No, I'm not. I'm taking responsibility. I'm not the child I was anymore, that he twisted to become his Sword. I came to him willingly this time, even knowing what he might ask of me."

She sighed. "Look, I understand now... I'm not trying to shoulder everything anymore. Just the parts that are mine to shoulder."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

She nods

''Allright'' she then rubbed her eyes ''I will think on this and try to make sure this trial is about what was done and nothing else.''
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

She nodded, then found herself lost to thought for a moment or two.

"...This may seem like an odd question... but do you know how to make a holocron?"
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''It is no easy matter to make one but...yes. I never tried to make one before but with proper preparation I should make it.''
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"This may seem like I'm avoiding having to talk to him...and I'm not..." She lowered her head again, "...but I was wondering if maybe things do still progress toward that future... or something else happens before we can come to understand each other... I'd like for him to have a version of me as I am now, able to tell him everything. That way, even if he can't hear me now, I know he'll be able to one day."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''You are not gone yet Layne...but if you want me to I will see what I can do with what we have''
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"I know I'm not... but war *is* coming soon. I don't know what today will bring. Or tomorrow. I don't intend to die, but I'd like to leave him something just in case I do."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

"I understand...just don't let this become an excuse"
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"...I won't," she said.
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

She nods, trusting her Word

"I'll need to go soon. Do you need anything?"
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"No... Thank you.... I think you gave me everything I need for now."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''If you need to see me, you just have to ask.''