The main common area; utilized for eating , sleeping, and basic sub standard living.
Pipka

[D5, LM] Downward-Facing Goat (Open)

Post by Pipka »

A troop of goats could be seen bounding and prancing through the halls leading from the goatery to the commons. In the lead was the ever-energetic Pipka. After such a heavy breakfast, it was the perfect time to engage in some goat yoga to limber up for whatever the day may bring.

Finding an open corner of the room, he shifts some furniture to create a little barrier for the workout space and sets down mats. Some of the goats lay down on the mats, some start eating mats, and Pipka gets into position, quickly followed by Buster jumping onto his back.

Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Tethys Carrack

Re: [D5, LM] Downward-Facing Goat (Open)

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys steps around the furniture barrier. The tall Jedi's lips quirk in a distinctly perplexed sort of way. "Good morning. This is a... an enrichment activity?"
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Pipka looked up from under Buster, which was a fairly difficult task give the goat weighed a fair amount more than him.

"Bahmaste! This is whatever you make it to be. I'm on the journey of discovery myself. Grab yourself a goat and make yourself comfortable."
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
description
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"I meant to ask, is it an enrichment activity for the goats?" Tethys's brows twitch. She folds down onto her knees on an exercise mat... the better to tug the chewed-up corner of the mat next to that one out of a small goat's mouth. "They, ah, are not supposed to eat these, right?"
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Pipka smiles his contagious smile, "That's really nice of you to think about the goats, most people just think about what they're going to get out of it. But yeah, these goats like it. I only brought the ones that said they were interested in it."

He looks to the goat eating on the mat. "I'm... not sure. They don't exactly have books on goat husbandry in the archives here. I've taken care of goats back in my slave days, but I wasn't responsible for them. I don't even know what these mats are made of." He starts idly picking at the mat below him.
description
Qozaiym Zholyeva

Post by Qozaiym Zholyeva »

The General was present, enjoying a chance to do something recreational.
General | Imperial Army | Human | Tall | Slave-Born | Renegade | Hardened | Strange Accent | Sith Empire

*Played by Dapper Dog
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Pipka gives an eager wave when General Zholyeva joins. "Bahmaste! I'm so glad you came. I know it's hard to take off when there's so much to do around the base, but it sets a good example for the men to take some me time." He looks around at the goats, then nods his head towards one in particular. "Why don't you settle down with Buttercup over there, I think you two will get along well."
description
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"I see." Tethys finishes rescuing the chewed-up mat corner and gives the goat a stern look. Then, after a moment--perhaps doubting the effectiveness of discipline without rewards--she reaches into a pocket and extracts a kelp nutritional bar, breaking off a piece and offering it to the goat.

"It's clear you're doing well by these animals, anyway. And that you care for living things a great deal," she says with a slight smile. "I don't know the exercises you're doing here. Would you show me? I'm Tethys, by the way."

Tethys offers the General a cordial "Good morning" as well. They're on opposite sides, but unless she's harboring a secret genocidal streak, Zholyeva seems like the sort of capable officer who is, frankly, wasted on the Sith Empire. It will be a real shame when some Darth chokes her to death one day.

Qozaiym Zholyeva

Post by Qozaiym Zholyeva »

Pipka wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:34 pm
Pipka gives an eager wave when General Zholyeva joins. "Bahmaste! I'm so glad you came. I know it's hard to take off when there's so much to do around the base, but it sets a good example for the men to take some me time." He looks around at the goats, then nods his head towards one in particular. "Why don't you settle down with Buttercup over there, I think you two will get along well."
She gave smile and settled down with the precious goat.
General | Imperial Army | Human | Tall | Slave-Born | Renegade | Hardened | Strange Accent | Sith Empire

*Played by Dapper Dog
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

At Tethys' bidding, "I'm Pipka, it's a pleasure to meet you. I don't have what you would call a routine, I just kind of let the goats guide me.

Buster here likes to climb all over you, he's my little burden to bear. You would think it would make my back sore, but it feels amazing after.

Buttercup there likes to be held in your arms in whatever pose you choose. She has a very calming effect.

And Reba with you gives you little correctional nudges of encouragement. You picked one that likes the advanced poses. She can be very insistent, so don't slack off."
description
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"Hm." Tethys doesn't have an immediate response to Pipka's assertion that he just 'lets the goats guide him.' She's met her share of eccentric ascetics; she just wasn't particularly expecting to find a new one this morning, surrounded by goats.

She regards Reba the goat, who's still chewing. The goat looks insistent all right... insistent that it wants the rest of that nutritional bar. Tethys surrenders the snack.

"All right," Tethys says, after an interval, with a serene nod. "I will follow what you're doing, and if I slip, Reba will correct me. I can respect a disciplined tutor." She can't keep the corners of her lips from twitching a bit as she slips off her loose outer robe, folds it over a nearby crate, and gets down on her hands and knees.

Pipka

Post by Pipka »

"Alright then, it seems like we are ready to get started." Pipka slides Buster off his back and stands up. "I think we should start with some deep belly breathes, let the joy of the world in and the anxiety, fear, and pain out.

Inhale..." Pipka takes a deep breath, stretching his arms above his head, "and exhale." As he brings his arms down, letting out a hearty, 'meh-eh-eh-eh-eh' along with the air.

"Breathe it all out. Inhale..." Arms once again reach into the air, "and exhale." This time as he brings his arms down, you notice the goats let out a 'meh-eh-eh-eh-eh' in harmony with Pipka.

"One more time. Inhale..." From the silent rasp of air in the room, it is now apparent the goats are following suit along with the yogis, "and one last big exhale." A chorus of 'MEH-EH-EH-EH-EH' echoes around the room.

"Good, how is everyone feeling?"
description
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys answers the query with a slight smile and a serene nod.

The sound track is... unique, but the meditation method is otherwise pretty intuitive.