The main common area; utilized for eating , sleeping, and basic sub standard living.
Pipka

Re: [Day 4 - ME] Trial Observation

Post by Pipka »

Pipka was conflicted. On one hand he was pleased at how Master Layne had taken the proceedings and the sentencing (although she seemed quite self destructive still, but it was a process). On the other hand, exile to this Tython place... would she ever be able to see Jerri again?

Was the eternal love between Layne and Jerri doomed to burn out as quickly as it had ignited. To be fair, such a passion had only one outcome.

Removed from civilization, expected to conform to their standards and suppress her fiery nature. Instead of quenching her flames, they fuel the inferno, creating a force no one can handle. No one, except Jerri. The galaxy's only hope for survival, was her only hope for redemption. Too Hot to Handle.

It was a start. Needed some polishing.
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Luth went from the "court" area to join the observers, shaking her head. "That was a thing."
Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"In this scenario, I imagine the Republic will dictate if 'dead' is acceptable. Death may occur nonetheless, oh I do understand that an arrest can involve complications," she said, confident that the Sith loved claiming that. Planting drugs and/or other paraphernalia also suited them. "Reparations in such a scenario would be settled by someone other than myself."
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Durasay Mixo wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:27 pm
He looked at Durasay and nodded. "Well then, an interesting display of a military tribunal. Are they so often predetermined in the Republic?" He sighed and stood up and moved closer to Senya. "Though, I suppose when the defendent has given up, they will take advantage. A shame too; I was hoping she could help us with your daughter, Senya. Can't do that if she's got no fight left in her."

He gave a deep sigh. "More's the pity."
Last edited by Nudimsu on Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Galen Panteer wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:19 pm
-
Kat had remained silent until the end of the procedures. In the end, this was the best they could do in a base of two opposing sides with no lawyers, judges, or even ability to properly contain anyone. Layne would still be allowed to help out in non-violent ways, which she suspected was for the better for the poor woman.

It reminded her of the conversation the two had shared on Alderaan, regarding Layne's padawan. Being a protector or a hero was more than just lightsabers and fighting.

As Galen spoke, Kat stirred from her own thoughts. "Mmm, maybe. I will make the offer to the Council, and the lawyers, when we return to Republic space and she is given a proper trial. I don't know if Alderaan will be the most suitable place for her, but we'll see. We all hope she can rehabilitate and find a better path."
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

Katarzyna Panteer wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:18 pm
-
"There's no excusing what she has done, but she did defend Alderaan, literally laying down her life for the throne. If she is neither Jedi or Sith, the Paladins would be an appropriate place for her to find guidance." he suggested.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Lucinia Malveaux

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

Luth Khalan wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:53 pm
Luth went from the "court" area to join the observers, shaking her head. "That was a thing."
"It was, wasn't it?" Lucinia said, giving the semi-familiar Sith a curious smile. "Quite. A. Thing." She emphasized every single character in each word.

Slowly, she half-shrugged, one shoulder rising and falling. "It seems quite a gentle punishment, really. Although I suppose if I was sentenced to spend my life with Jedi, I might find that rather unbearable." The curl of her red lips indicated that she was joking. Half-joking.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

"I'm not disputing the good she has done." Kat did think about the explosions on Delaya as well, that cost the lives of civilans, which Layne had been involved in and there was a trend there that disturbed her. Though much had indicated that it was Layne's compatriot responsible at the time.

With her usual calm and patience, she continued, "it's not a matter up to us decide alone, but we can plead the case for it, if we can also guarantee that we have the means to hold and rehabilitate. Though at the moment, that is a bridge yet to cross. What we can do for the time being is to provide what help we can here to begin the healing. I will speak with Master Yulani on the topic after this, see what she thinks as she is on the Jedi Council. Master Hoshin may not identify as a Jedi now after what she has done, but she was still a Jedi at the time she arrived here on Hoth. And the Jedi do have responsibility for their own."
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:59 pm
"It was, wasn't it?" Lucinia said, giving the semi-familiar Sith a curious smile. "Quite. A. Thing." She emphasized every single character in each word.

Slowly, she half-shrugged, one shoulder rising and falling. "It seems quite a gentle punishment, really. Although I suppose if I was sentenced to spend my life with Jedi, I might find that rather unbearable." The curl of her red lips indicated that she was joking. Half-joking.
She couldn't help but chuckle softly at Lucinia's initial response. "Oh, it certainly was a gently punishment, as far as it goes," she replied. "Probably end up relegated to the Agricorps or something like that. I can't say I'm dissatisfied with the rest of the results, though. I don't believe we've met formally. Luth Khalan."

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

Katarzyna Panteer wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:59 pm
-
"Of course." he nodded in agreement. "It's simply an idea. Whatever facility the senator has in mind may be better."
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Lucinia Malveaux

Luth Khalan wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:06 pm
She couldn't help but chuckle softly at Lucinia's initial response. "Oh, it certainly was a gently punishment, as far as it goes," she replied. "Probably end up relegated to the Agricorps or something like that. I can't say I'm dissatisfied with the rest of the results, though. I don't believe we've met formally. Luth Khalan."
"Ah, yes." Lucinia's nose wrinkled. "That certainly does sound dreadful."

"Lucinia Malveaux. A pleasure, I'm sure." Lucinia inclined her head slowly. "You did rather well for, ah, the defendant. Although..." Her lips pressed together. This would hardly be the place to ask what interest the Empire had in the matter.

Then she smiled again. "Still, it's good to see how situations are handled like this in our little..." she waved a hand around, "-impromptu joint venture, hmmm?"
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:33 pm
"Ah, yes." Lucinia's nose wrinkled. "That certainly does sound dreadful."

"Lucinia Malveaux. A pleasure, I'm sure." Lucinia inclined her head slowly. "You did rather well for, ah, the defendant. Although..." Her lips pressed together. This would hardly be the place to ask what interest the Empire had in the matter.

Then she smiled again. "Still, it's good to see how situations are handled like this in our little..." she waved a hand around, "-impromptu joint venture, hmmm?"
"Pleased to meet you, Lucinia. One can only do so much under the circumstances," she let out a long sigh. "It's interesting. Certainly atypical of normal procedure, but I guess you can't expect otherwise."

Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

Darth Baras rose quietly at the conclusion, the woman was broken. He had a hand in that, it was not death, but it was satisfying to see her despair.

He departed giving Luth the briefest of glances, a nod of approval.

Darth Baras away!
Dark Side | Human | Massive | Deceitful | Survivor | Treacherous | Sith

*Played by Dapper Dog
Lucinia Malveaux

Luth Khalan wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:44 pm
"Pleased to meet you, Lucinia. One can only do so much under the circumstances," she let out a long sigh. "It's interesting. Certainly atypical of normal procedure, but I guess you can't expect otherwise."
"True. I suppose if our ship hadn't been lost, we would have destroyed the pirates, sent the Republic ship some barely-veiled threats, and been on our way. Instead, we're living side by side with them in a goat's paradise." Lucinia chuckled softly. "Atypical certainly fits."

Both smiling and narrowing her eyes, she looked at Luth. "Life is full of surprises, isn't it?"
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Darth Baras wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:46 pm
He departed giving Luth the briefest of glances, a nod of approval.
She had to resist the temptation to smile, simply nodding in return, acknowledging it, before returning her attention to Lucinia.
Lucinia Malveaux wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:39 pm
"True. I suppose if our ship hadn't been lost, we would have destroyed the pirates, sent the Republic ship some barely-veiled threats, and been on our way. Instead, we're living side by side with them in a goat's paradise." Lucinia chuckled softly. "Atypical certainly fits."

Both smiling and narrowing her eyes, she looked at Luth. "Life is full of surprises, isn't it?"
Her mood did seem to be improved a touch as she continued talking to Lucinia. "Assuming we didn't both think it was an ambush by the opposite side secret working with the pirates and then blow each other up," she mused. "Though I think even the goats want off this rock."

Lucinia Malveaux

Luth Khalan wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:44 pm
Her mood did seem to be improved a touch as she continued talking to Lucinia. "Assuming we didn't both think it was an ambush by the opposite side secret working with the pirates and then blow each other up," she mused. "Though I think even the goats want off this rock."
Lucinia laughed at that; not a full hand to the mouth laugh, but a lesser cousin to it. "You know, I think it's entirely possible that we might have attacked the other. And instead, we're practically bunkmates. How delightful." Lucinia's eyes narrowed further, even as she continued to smile.

She gave another of her half-shrugs. "Well, hopefully we'll be off this rock, as you say, soon. The Empire may be curious about why we haven't returned yet. I suppose they have enough to worry about as it is."