The main common area; utilized for eating , sleeping, and basic sub standard living.
Luth Khalan

Re: [Day 4 - ME] The People vs. Master Hoshin

Post by Luth Khalan »

Luth sighed. Time to make an enemy, I guess. She stood from the defense table, screwing up her confidence one more time.

"I will simply state on the record that I believe the judgment was not impartial, considering a claim made by someone uninvolved in the proceedings off the record needed to be mentioned," she stated. "This court had no probable cause hearing, little discovery, no access to potential witnesses, no opportunity to plea bargain, no jury, and a whole host of other, smaller problems that are nonetheless vital to a fair trial and justice as the Republic's own rules dictate. I can only hope these records are kept and the judgment reviewed in a judicial hearing at a later date. That is all."

She returned to her seat. Any hearing probably wouldn't take her statement into account, given who she was, but it needed to be said.
Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Riss

Post by Riss »

"A pleasure to see that the Empire can follow the rules when it benefits them the most," Riss idly comments with some venom, not in any official capacity but it was nevertheless stated openly enough. All the while collecting her things from the table, and those that she was granted on loan for the process of this little hearing of theirs.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Leontyne Saresh

Post by Leontyne Saresh »

Luth Khalan wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:30 pm
Luth sighed. Time to make an enemy, I guess. She stood from the defense table, screwing up her confidence one more time.

"I will simply state on the record that I believe the judgment was not impartial, considering a claim made by someone uninvolved in the proceedings off the record needed to be mentioned," she stated. "This court had no probable cause hearing, little discovery, no access to potential witnesses, no opportunity to plea bargain, no jury, and a whole host of other, smaller problems that are nonetheless vital to a fair trial and justice as the Republic's own rules dictate. I can only hope these records are kept and the judgment reviewed in a judicial hearing at a later date. That is all."

She returned to her seat. Any hearing probably wouldn't take her statement into account, given who she was, but it needed to be said.
"I'll take your words under advisement, Sith," the Senator replied. "It's a far step better than frontier justice."
Twi'lek | Senator | Seasoned Politician | Fearless | Ambitious | Republic

*Played by Dapper Dog
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

This did not feel like either the judgement she deserved, or the judgement she needed in order to be able to move forward. It felt like she was being trapped, neither properly punished nor allowed to make amends so she could learn to live with herself.

"...I understand," she said, "I accept my guilt and the judgement rendered. Even so, I object to the verdict of exile on Tython. As I am clearly no longer fit to be a Jedi, and as my beliefs no longer fully align with the Jedi, or the Sith for that matter, I feel it is inappropriate for me to be protected from the punishment I would otherwise face if I were not associated with the Jedi."

She lowered her head.

"That is all I have to say."
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Thy Yulani

Post by Thy Yulani »

Thy looked at the Senator and then back to Layne and said, “There are no Republic facilities suited to handle a Force user of your capability and danger. Tython is the best place to continue your rehabilitation and healing.”
Light Side | Human | Chill | Old Soul | Mother | Duelist | Jedi Master

*Played by Dapper Dog
Leontyne Saresh

Post by Leontyne Saresh »

The senator added, “There may be a facility that she could serve her time in, I’ll discuss it with you and your Jedi Council.”

Thy frowned but stayed silent.
Twi'lek | Senator | Seasoned Politician | Fearless | Ambitious | Republic

*Played by Dapper Dog
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Riss wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:45 pm
"A pleasure to see that the Empire can follow the rules when it benefits them the most," Riss idly comments with some venom, not in any official capacity but it was nevertheless stated openly enough. All the while collecting her things from the table, and those that she was granted on loan for the process of this little hearing of theirs.
She glanced toward Riss. "You can't win Pazaak with an empty hand. That's hardly my fault."
Leontyne Saresh wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:47 pm
"I'll take your words under advisement, Sith," the Senator replied. "It's a far step better than frontier justice."
"That's the Republic standard now? Interesting, " she replied, tone neutral. She'd had more than enough of this. "Please excuse me."

She stepped away. They could call her back if she was vitally needed.
Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Baesal restrained a smile, she did appreciate Luth's sass. Instead she put a hand on Layne's shoulder to adresse her

"I know Tython better then most. Trust me...it will not be a vacation."

The comments Senator Saresh just passed made her hair tingle.

What's your game?
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Thy Yulani

Post by Thy Yulani »

Thy let out a sigh and said, "Layne come speak with me when you have a chance, and understand this decision was not reached lightly."

Unless stopped she departed.
Light Side | Human | Chill | Old Soul | Mother | Duelist | Jedi Master

*Played by Dapper Dog
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys simply nods in acceptance of the resolution the tribunal has reached. It's temporary, but it will hold the base together for another day, and it gives Layne a piece of solid ground on which to stand while she begins to rebuild.

Unless stopped, she too will gather up her datapad and depart. She's already done a truly unaccustomed amount of talking this evening; she has little else to say for the moment.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."