The main common area; utilized for eating , sleeping, and basic sub standard living.
Galen Panteer

Pirate Tales and Other Adventures (Day 2, EE)

Post by Galen Panteer »

He sat on the ground and set the holocron in front of him. It had been some time since Galen had activated it. He tended to do so only if he felt the knowledge stored within might apply to the situation. Wooing a princess was one thing, but raising a family was a challenge he felt best to face alone. Pirates, conspiracies and dark portents, however. Those were things Yulu Kess was more likely to have experience with.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Dapper Dog

Re: Pirate Tales and Other Adventures (Day 2, EE)

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Welcome back my boy after the holocron is activated," Yulu Kess said.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"It is always a pleasure." he smiled. "Once again, I've found myself in a situation beyond my experiences. I'm hoping your knowledge may help. Are you familiar with the planet Hoth?"
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Really? Well what adventure have we found ourselves today? Is there another damsel in distress? A world cracker afoot? Maybe a star is about to go super nova?" Yulu Kess responded with excitement.
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"Pirates." he answered "Pirates, an Eternal Empire and, perhaps, a Cabal.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

“Pirates are fun, never heard of an Eternal Empire, is that a new name for the Sith Empire? Cabal is kind of generic but they sound bad. Pirates I know the other stuff… maybe?”
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"The Pirates are called the White Maw. They seem well organized."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"I don't recall the White Maw being organized, and really only a danger to small ships that strayed close to Hoth, guess you better tell me the story," he responded.
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"They attacked a civilian transport, carrying thousands of refugees." he explained. "In response, the Republic sent an envoy to find, confront and negotiate with the pirates. Alderaan sent many of its best to support that effort, as did the Jedi. When we emerged from hyperspace, we discovered a Sith warship arriving as well. Apparently, they were also intent on dealing with the White Maw, their way. In the moment of uncertainty caused by both ships seeing one another, the pirates attacked."

"It all happened very fast." he continued. "Both ships were lost. Survivors followed a signal to the surface. Remnants of the Republic and the Empire arrived at an abandoned base. While there was an initial confrontation, it was decided that cooperation was necessary. for the sake of survival. So far, I think we're doing well. But, the Maw haven't moved against us yet."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"That seems rather reserved and very well executed for pirates... I mean pirates can be crafty but this seems another level," the holocron responded.
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"It's been suggested that one or more outside parties may have orchestrated this. An AI called Hydra who may be affiliated with the Star Cabal. Or, Vaylin, Daughter of the Dragon, Valkorian."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"I don't recognize the last two bits, but it could be possible with a strong leader the pirates got to be a threat. It has happened before," he responded.
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

He nodded. "How familiar are you with prophecies and visions? There is a disturbance in the Force, something looming but unseen. Some have had visions that seemed to be tied to it. I have little experience with that kind of forsight."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Only so-so, I like to stay focused on the here and now, why?" he responded. "Seeing the future can be a trap."
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"That was my concern." He sighed. "But, it sounds
like there's some significance to the vision some have had. I don't think there's anything else I can ask you about, unless you have any advice about Hoth in general. Or, children."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"My advice is never go to Hoth, it's awful. Children, the best part is making them, the other best part is raising them. The worst part is raising them!" the holocron said with a laugh.

Yulu then said, "But seriously, visions can be good, but do not get so hung up on what could be, because that moment ain't happened yet. Live in the now, know what could be coming but live in the now. You spend too much time preparing for what could be and you're liable to make what you didn't want to happen, happen anyway."
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"Thank you." he smiled. "I'll remember that. Until the next time."