The main common area; utilized for eating , sleeping, and basic sub standard living.
Zeno Thul

Re: Legacies and Lounging (D2, LN)

Post by Zeno Thul »

"So I imagine the plan was to come here and crush the pirate threat? I'm surprised the empire didn't send overwhelming force. Bad intelligence?"
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Ship: Umbral Vanguard | Sidekick: Lady Savagery
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

"We sent more than would be needed for the White Maw... We did not anticipate technology that exceeds our own... To most this seemed very much to be a relatively small affair. Not worthy of 'overwhelming force' and the resources it would take to apply that force to this sector."

Sylvain shrugged, "Baras' leadership will have to pull us through... Or it will reflect poorly on him back home."
Ghost | Father | Friend | Advisor | One With The Force

Carries/Wears: The Light, Shield Amulet, Robes

"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are."
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"So if someone wanted to be entertained by causing him embarrassment they'd want to make sure his decisions and plans ended up failing?" Zeno asked with a chuckle.
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

"There are those who would play such games... yes." Sylvain replied.

"Don't you miss it all?" He said with a tone of sarcasm which even the mask could not obfuscate.

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Not the politics, but the constant struggle I do. Alderaan is mostly peaceful which is somewhat boring. But then, that was one of my motivators for this mission. An expectation that it would involve conflict. Get my blood pumping dealing with a pirate threat."

Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

A chuckled came through the voice modulator, "Gotta do something to keep it from freezing in this cold, that's for sure."

He then paused a second before adding, "Don't go off and get killed needlessly though... Kids don't deserve to lose their parents like that..."

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Definitely not planning on it. But me and my family were nearly finished off during a picnic. There are no guarantees that we'll have tomorrow. And if doing this can make the universe a bit better for my girls then I will do this," he states.

Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

"Then it seems we are here on common purpose... You to protect yours and me to protect mine." He nodded.

"Who needs altruism?"

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"It is a silly ideal. We should always be looking to improve the lives of the people we care for. I've got nothing against helping out or working with others, but why let it be a waste of time?"

Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Sylvain nodded.

The responsibilities placed in front of him within the Empire gave him a very different outlook... especially given his role in stemming back the tide of sacrifice and bloodshed that now was rampant. But Zeno didn't really seem the type to care all that much for the macro concerns Shyyyo had put behind him for now... And Shyyyo wasn't sure he had the mental capacity for it either right now.

"I do detest waste..."

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

He wasn't wrong. Zeno had never really spared a thought for the downtrodden or sacrificed for the most part. But he didn't like pointless waste a bit as well. People could accomplish much more while alive than they could while dead.

"That's kind of what the Blackguard is. People who have lost purpose or drive, given a new goal and place to belong."

Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

"Who is enlisted into this Blackguard? Criminals?" He asked.

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"It is an ancient Alderaanian tradition that was given new life by House Thul and Lady Massacre. It tends to be those that have lost things in life or those drawn to service. They give up their old life and devote themselves to serving their lords and ladies. But it doesn't actually have any legal status and isn't an alternative to legal repercussion. So while there may be prior criminals, if they were identified as such they could be convicted. But their past means practically nothing to their present or future."

Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

"Sounds all very... noble." He replied simply.

"So Alderaan will remain your home, then... going forward?"

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"That was part of the marriage arrangement," he says with a nod.

"And from the sounds of it, most would likely think they're noble. But they serve by whatever means necessary."

Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Sylvain nodded, "Well... I'm happy for you Zeno. I remember us as kids on Korriban... All the angst, fear, and loathing... And I'm glad that you've found some measure of fulfillment and joy in life despite everything that has happened."

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Nothing has happened that I did not invite. The struggle is what breaks us down so we can rise even stronger. Usually. I guess sometimes it's just an ass-kicking."

Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

He chuckled, "Then you are far more fortunate than me... There are plenty of things I didn't invite... They still came anyway."

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"You could say that, but you could probably also say I rush into decisions like a jackass. I have been known to lose my temper from time to time. And I don't know if I have ever really seen you angry. Helps that decision making process I bet."

Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

“I have anger old friend… It tends to be more inward directed.” He replied.

“I do try and harness it the best I can though… So as not to rush headlong into my own destructive tendencies. I do not often let it grow out of my control…”

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"I mean, for me it only really gets out of hand when I feel betrayed. Other times I'm basically wielding it like a brick," he says with a grin. "Just never been great at keeping it in. And it makes me feel sated to let it out for a bit every once in a while."

Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

He nodded, "I keep it on a low burn always... to make sure that it is never fully sated in the moment that I will truly need it. Different approaches... but similar utility."

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Have you spoken with Shaisha recently? I hope she is doing well," he says with a bit of concern.

Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

He shook his head, "No... Not recently. But I am sure she is doing fine... Probably enjoying herself as she is wont to do..."

There was a tinge of remorse in the modulated voice that came through the mask...

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"That's too bad. You were always so close, so it's unfortunate to hear that," he replies with a hint of sadness. "I know she was tied to Vitiate through fate, so hopefully if he is still lingering somehow I hope he doesn't do anything to her."