The main common area; utilized for eating , sleeping, and basic sub standard living.
Katarzyna Panteer

The Nurse Is In (D2, MA)

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

(Open, but expecting)

They didn't have a medical area yet, so a clean and out-of-the-way spot would have to do to set up for some work. The temperature today wasn't as bad as the previous day, so maybe it would be easier to work.

Kat checked her own medical equipment, making sure that everything was as in order.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Omandri Rist

Re: The Nurse Is In (D2, MA)

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri showed up when Kat told him she was setting something up. He was certainly looking better than the previous day even if he smelled worse. But Kat had been in the same sludge that morning.

"Hey there Kat, you look like you finally got some rest."
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Katarzyna Panteer

"Yeah... eventually," her smile was rather dry, thinking back to the mess that morning. "It's been a long night."

Already Kat was looking over Omandri, gauging how he was moving. "How is the arm feeling today?"
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

"But luckily uneventful, considering there were no alarm bells in the night."

Omandri shrugged "better. But that's probably just the sleep and the painkillers of course. The sling you made is doing its job well enough though."
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Katarzyna Panteer

"Let's have a look at it, and see if we can do anything about it today."

Like the day before, Kat would let Omandri guide her through the procedure, pointing out the vital spots and how to correct them. Using his kitted out equipment, and with warmth and power to use as well, she was able to provide Omandri with much better treatment today.

----------

D2 MA Medicine/Intelligence to cure Omandri's critical. Omandri's assist (Medicine skill). +1B Physician's Kit. Anti-shock Blanket -1D. Inadequate power +1D. Player Destiny, free upgrade from previous Triumph: 4eP+1eA+1eB+3eD 2 successes, 4 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Take the 4 Advantages to recover Strain if you need. :D

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The sith stormed in with narrowed eyes and said, “Hey Doctor, I demand an audience immediately!”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri tested the limb a bit out of the sling rotating and flexing the limb. It had taken a lot of applications of stim and kolto, the healing water were a wonder.

"There's still some tenderness but considering it was broken yesterday that's a wonder." He smiled to Kat "Thank you Kat, we could make a proper doctor out of you. You've the mind for it, and the spirit of care."

He placed his arm back in the sling, it'd be best to keep it immobilized for a few days more while he wasn't using it.
Dapper Dog wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:22 pm
The sith stormed in with narrowed eyes and said, “Hey Doctor, I demand an audience immediately!”
He turned to the Sith woman from yesterday and raised an eyebrow at her "Viyuti wasn't it?" He asked

Description|Theme
Katarzyna Panteer

"Perhaps it's never to late to learn." Kat smirked, but let the subject drop as there seemed to be something more pressing with the arrival of another person.

It seemed she was here for Omandri, but Kat looked over to see if there was a need for her efforts.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

She growled and then kicked a stool and walked out… five seconds later she walked back in and then said, “You know kriffing nothing about anything, mister Doctor! How dare you lecture me! I am Sith!”

“You live some easy life, a Sith must struggle, there can be no weakness!”
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:42 pm
She growled and then kicked a stool and walked out… five seconds later she walked back in and then said, “You know kriffing nothing about anything, mister Doctor! How dare you lecture me! I am Sith!”

“You live some easy life, a Sith must struggle, there can be no weakness!”
Omandri watched her but did not get emotional. This was anger born of fear and uncertainty.

He laced his fingers and sat back a little "You can call me Omandri if you like." Was his simple reply after a few second "would you like to sit on the stool instead of kicking it and we can talk about what's on your mind." He was trying to thread that needle between being calm without seeming dismissive

Description|Theme
Katarzyna Panteer

Kat glanced between the two of them with confusion, but also concern. "... I can step outside, if you wish to speak privately?" she offered, thinking that perhaps less of an audience would be of assistance to this poor child.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

She gestured and pulled the stool back with the Force and sat, "Omandri, fine."

She glanced at the Jedi but said nothing.
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Katarzyna Panteer wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:50 pm
Kat glanced between the two of them with confusion, but also concern. "... I can step outside, if you wish to speak privately?" she offered, thinking that perhaps less of an audience would be of assistance to this poor child.
He glanced to Kat with a smile "I'll be ok Kat. We just had a bit of a discussion yesterday. I don't mind you being here if she doesn't."
Dapper Dog wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:50 pm
She gestured and pulled the stool back with the Force and sat, "Omandri, fine."

She glanced at the Jedi but said nothing.
He turned his attention back to the angry young Sith in front of him "So Viyuti, what is it you're looking for here? did you want to continue our discussion from yesterday?"

Description|Theme
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

“More like propaganda and lies, but sure, I am interested in learning how you Republic tick. You seem weak, giving mercy and such. You don’t seek the advantage, you coddle each other even when you don't need anything. Your society makes no sense,” she admitted.
Katarzyna Panteer

Assessing the situation, Kat gave a nod and busied herself with tidying up the medical equipment from Omandri's treatment. Right after pressing the on-button for the small kaf-maker of course.

Viyuti's words did make her raise an eyebrow, but she didn't want to intrude on Omandri's already established conversation.

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:10 pm
“More like propaganda and lies, but sure, I am interested in learning how you Republic tick. You seem weak, giving mercy and such. You don’t seek the advantage, you coddle each other even when you don't need anything. Your society makes no sense,” she admitted.
Omandri nodded "I'm sure much of what you were raised to believe seems like propaganda to me as well. I just want to set something straight here, I'm not trying to flip you to make you think like me. I just want you to think about why you believe the things you do, to really examine the lessons you were raised with. Because you sound like someone who has never challenged those beliefs before." He wasn't a crusader for the Republic, it wasn't perfect but he was very passionate about freedom and free thought.

"Now first off we don't coddle each other we care for each other. Like my friend Kat here, she stayed up all night Watching over the base, still helped with the clean up this morning and is now tending to my injuries. She gives to others and we all benefit from it, now I am capable of helping more people because of her. Does that sound like weakness?"

Description|Theme
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"I can see how that works, yes," she admitted.
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He nodded "that's what we want to achieve as the Republic, we watch out for each other and help each other. We trust others to help build us up, teach us things and we teach them in return. By sharing our skills and knowledge we make the Republic as a whole stronger."

Description|Theme
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"But does it actually work?" she asked.
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri shrugged "Republic is still standing despite the best effort of other parties."

Description|Theme
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"The Republic still seems chaotic, the masses are idiots. A strong central leadership can make things happen..."

She frowned and said, "You said I never challenged my beliefs, is that from experience? Seems perfect for you what could you have to fight against?"
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri nodded again "the Republic isn't perfect. That's no secret, it can take time to accomplish things, people don't always agree on the best thing to do. But in the end we work through it, we work together, we explain why things need to change. The main thing is our voices are always heard."

He nodded "The house I grew up in had very different beliefs than me. House Rist was once known as the premier house for what was called "sanctioned mortality" which is a very Alderaan way of saying legal contract killing. Over the years I did the lessons, learned the family trade but something in me didn't mesh with what I was being taught. When I actually sat down and thought about it I realized I didn't think what we did was right."

Description|Theme
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"House Rist sounds very familiar, I like them already," she said with interest. "A little murder keeps everyone on their toes."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He chuckled "sure sure it did that but it also was fuel for petty grievances, back stabbing and division between the houses. It made us weaker as a whole even if it made my family strong." He explained.

"One of the first things I did as Duke was transition us away from it and along with help from allies end the practice of Sanctioned Mortality. Since then it hasn't been sunshine and rainbows but Alderaan is stronger than ever in my opinion. Houses previously mortal enemies now work together even here for this mission we have Thul, Lanar, Ulgo, Rist, Alde Panteer all working together."

Description|Theme
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"You can't truly believe these rival houses just get along? Peace is a lie, there will always be conflict," she responded.