The main common area; utilized for eating , sleeping, and basic sub standard living.
Omandri Rist

Re: The Nurse Is In (D2, MA)

Post by Omandri Rist »

He nodded again "sure differing opinions exist like I said not all sunshine and rainbows. However we can discuss these issues and when we need to set them aside and still help each other to do good. Peace is not a permanent state of things but it is a worthy goal and it is to be cherished and protected when it can be achieved even for a short while."
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

She listened and responded, “It just seems like from my perspective, these Houses only appear to be helpful. Classic helpful tu’kata tactic; appear useful even weak until the target trusts you and relies on you and then one dark night, you are at their throat. You break them, or at least force them to admit you are stronger and enforce their service with fear.”

“Threaten their children, or their wealth or whatever they value. Cooperation is ensured through the oldest yet most effective expression of value; violence.”

She rubbed her chin thoughtfully, “But you seem to imply that at times of ‘peace’ that is the goal not a reprieve… maybe it’s both.”

“Ugh, this is way too much thinking, Doctor… Omandri. I still don’t understand why you would stop assassinating people, some people have to die. Even the Jedi know that,” she finished.

“But, it’s food for thought as the Republic saying goes,” she said with her best Republic accent.

“I’ll have more questions.”

She got up and nodded to the Jedi and then Omandri and left, using the Force to knock the stool down, again, on her way out.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Kat gave an awkward nod of sorts to the young woman as she departed in an overly dramatic-fashion, and stepped next to Omandri. A warm cup of kaf was held out for him.

"I didn't want to interfere on your conversation as you seemed to have it well in hand... but I'm curious how this started?"
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri nodded to Viyuti as she stood "I'm always happy to have a civil discussion. Thank you for listening." He said genuinely and then rolled his eyes at the stool antics.

He sighed as he sat back, trying to open a mind was a mental load for sure. He took the caf from Kat with a thankful smile "thanks, though I'm sure your jedi wisdom could have been useful." He said half joking, the young Sith was too deep in the dark for that, for now.

"She needed some patching up. She had been injured fighting republic soldiers planet side. Seems like they shot first. But she was recovered and helped back by Layne. Her and a Jo'ren were discussing it, she said some....unpleasant things, though typical ones for a sith."

He took a drink "I spoke up and demanded they not talk about their petty cruelties in my presence, it lead to the start of a discussion before she got angry and stormed off. I think she is confused and a little afraid because I challenged her worldview."
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Katarzyna Panteer

"You are right that she is confused and scared," Kat agreed as she gently straightened the poor victimized stool. She sat herself down on it opposite of Omandri, sipping her own kaf lightly.

"But if I chimed in, it might've had the opposite effect of what you wanted as she might have felt outnumbered. Ganged up on even. The road to enlightenment in the forms of understanding and knowledge is a hard one, especially when the darkness has obscured it from you." Judging from her tone, and the reminiscing smile on her face, it seemed like she had experience with it.

"You know, my master, he took on a student who was a refugee from the Sith. Kerren Sek. He ran away from his master when he had learned that this Sith lord was going to sacrifice him for power in some crazy ritual, and fled to the Jedi - whom he was terrified of, but he feared death and the Sith more. And for so long, he was... scared among us. Thought I was his biggest rival since I was already our master's padawan. It took him a long time to understand the unconditional trust and support we offered him."
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He took another sip of his kaf thoughtful for a moment "how horrifying to grow up in a place where everyone is your enemy." He said thoughtfully looking into the cup of dark liquid.

"I mean knives in the dark, distrust, shady politics. I know those all too well but even the way I grew up I had people I could trust. Seeing how she views the world, hearing about your fellow student. It's, heartbreaking."

Description|Theme
Katarzyna Panteer

"It is..." she nodded in agreement, thinking of how many good and decent people the Empire ground down under their heels. "But that's how it is. The Sith are on the top and hold all the power, and the Dark Side thrives on emotions like fear and pain, even instilling them in others. Their code speaks of freedom, but the Empire is anything but freedom, and the Dark Side's chains are heavy and hard to break. Mostly because it is difficult to be aware of them."

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He shook his head "I can't even imagine. The whole force thing adds another layer I'm not really prepared to deal with. I mean I have plenty of Intel on it and understand the jist but without ever living with it I don't even know if I can speak on that angle of things."

He took another drink "no I better stick to what I know, I'm sure I'd just make a mess of things if I tried to go down that rabbit hole."

Description|Theme