The main common area; utilized for eating , sleeping, and basic sub standard living.
Tethys Carrack

Re: D2 MM--Blackbird Singing in the Dead of Night

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys listens carefully. It’s rather a lot of information, in a very dense package.

“Vaylin,” she says, tasting the name. Does it fit the entity that had combed roughly through her surface thoughts last night? It sounds so… human. She shakes her head to clear it.

“What does revenge mean to her?” she asks, plucking first at the point with the greatest immediate tactical relevance.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

“I would assume killing me, or making me suffer. Vaylin is… broken. She’s not the little girl I raised. Vaylin is beyond ruthless, and you can’t trust her,” she said lowering her eyes.

“I tried to stop him, but, you can’t stop the Dragon, no one could…”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

(ooc - joining with permission from Dapper)

Aphr was still thinking on what happened in the morning when there was suddenly fighting, and people jumping about. It created a hell of a scene, which drew Aphr in. She moved closer, trying to peek around to hear what was going on....

(ooc - stealth roll
D1 mm being quiet (stealth): 2eA+1eP+1eB 5 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImage (wrote D1 instead of D2)
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Other players make Perception or Vigilance checks without difficulty and we will compare the rolls.
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

What was that?

- - -
D2 MM--Blackbird Singing in the Dead of Night, Perception, Uncanny Senses: 1eA+2eP+1eB 4 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImage
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: let me know what you want with the Triumph on the roll.
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

OOC: Notice/find something significant?
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:41 pm
“I would assume killing me, or making me suffer. Vaylin is… broken. She’s not the little girl I raised. Vaylin is beyond ruthless, and you can’t trust her,” she said lowering her eyes.

“I tried to stop him, but, you can’t stop the Dragon, no one could…”
"I'm sorry your daughter was... taken from you?" Tethys guesses, a sad note in her low voice. "It must have been very hard to leave her. And hard to discuss now, perhaps, but pardon me, I must ask. The Dragon, that's her father? Is he the 'eternal emperor' you spoke of?"

Tethys's professional sense that it would be best not to press a scared, grief-stricken, and demonstrably flight-prone person this hard and fast for answers is fighting a losing battle with an intuition telling her she needs to know as much as possible about this threat right now.

"The Jedi and even the Sith have sensed a terrible threat coming. I think we must stop him, no matter what. And I think you can help us."

Tethys remains oblivious to any lurking pink peeping toms, unless Galen says something.

---
D2 MM--Vigilance vs. Aphr's 5 sneaky successes and 3 sneaky Advantages.: 4eA 0 successes, 4 advantage
ImageImageImageImage

1 extra Advantage, perhaps to boost Songbird's spot check if she's rolling one?
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Songbird just motioned for them to be silent, they were not alone.

OOC: Converting white pips to Successes.

Songbird Vigilance: 2eP+2eA+2eF+1eB 2 successes, 7 advantage, 3 Light Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

Galen had stepped away and now approached the eavesdropper. "Come out Aphr. It might be best, if you tell them about your visions."

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys tenses subtly but definitely, her hand dropping to her lightsaber hilt. Who is Aphr?

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

All the right words were being used. Daughter, Dragon....then silence, before Galens voice came through.

Damnit, why him of all people....I guess it's a friendly face at least?

Aphr stepped out, hands raised in surrender.

"I wasn't intending to hide...and if I knew my dear brother was here I might as well not have. Could never win hide and seek when we were younger either" she lowered the hood on her cloak, smiling warmly at Galen. No point hiding her face here.

"But if you're asking about my vision Galen then it seems the Force brought me here. Which ones do you need? They seem to almost happen daily."
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"Let's start with anything that feels tied to what you overheard." he suggested. Looking to the others, he added, "We can leave, if you'd like, but I think you should at least hear what she's seen."

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys clears her throat softly, raising a hand to interject. "First... who are you, and why were you eavesdropping on us?"

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"I'm Aphr. I heard a lot of commotion and came this way, when I heard voices I stepped back to see what it was all about. It wasn't intentional eavesdropping" Aphr says, keeping her hands up to show she meant no harm.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"All right. Now the long version." Tethys's tone is mild but mountain-firm. It's clear she doesn't find that a very useful answer to either question.

((not to be That Jedi, but it's at least fairly difficult to get around Tethys with Charm or Deception-type evasions...))

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

There was a small tilt of the head.

"Everything I have said so far is true. The longer version would be hearing the words 'Dragon' and referring to her daughter which made me pause rather than leave immediately, as that my visions have referred to a Dragon's Ascension and a women very powerful in the force coming to find her mother. As well as two men seeming to stand before an empty throne, which all ties together under this Dragon. Then Galen called for me. I don't know who you are, nor do I know who the other person you are talking to is, at least not before now."
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys nods. "I don't recognize you or your name from the Republic mission, either." And if you've had enough training to experience Force premonitions of that strength, I certainly would. "You're with the Imperial survivors?"

She glances sidelong at Songbird, slightly concerned Aphr's intrusion will make the other woman try to bolt again.

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"I arrived with the Imperial survivors" Aphr confirmed "I am not here to cause harm. Really, I'm not. Galen and I have known each other a long time, we near enough grew up together. We spoke just last night about visions, and he can vouch for that."

She looked to Galen.

"Right?"
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"I should go," she said softly. "I have duties to attend to."

She started to leave.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Cautiously, Tethys reaches out to put a hand on the woman's sleeve before she can retreat--fully expecting Songbird to dodge, or to force Tethys to dodge a more forceful counter, but betting that at least the gesture will be hard to ignore. "Please, stay. Whatever trouble is coming, it sounds like we can hardly make it worse," she adds with a wry smile.

"None of us are getting off this planet right now, including you, so you're stuck with us one way or another."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

She paused and relented to the Jedi before turning her gaze to Galen.
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"Aphr and I have walked different paths since we separated years ago on Nar Shadda." he explained. "We were reunited last night and had a long talk, including a discussion regarding her visions. Someone else told me of a similar vision, which has led me to suspect we were intentionally led and trapped here."

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

“Intentionally on the part of someone other than these White Maw pirates, you mean.” Tethys’s brows flick up.

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

He nodded. "I don't have visions, but from what I've been told by others who do, it sounds that way."