The main common area; utilized for eating , sleeping, and basic sub standard living.
Darth Baras

Re: Dark Contemplations [D2, EA]

Post by Darth Baras »

Their blades clash, he was always fast, red versus black. He kept his defensive posture and hissed, “You forget the first lesson I ever gave you, Apprentice.”
Dark Side | Human | Massive | Deceitful | Survivor | Treacherous | Sith

*Played by Dapper Dog
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"I haven't," she hissed, remembering that time after Overseer Thaine almost killed her.

The more they clashed, the more it built... that first 'lesson' he referred to... anger

Anger at him. Anger at herself for going down this path again, despite knowing where it might lead. For knowing where it *would* lead and doing it anyway; inviting back all that rage and hatred she'd worked so hard to cleanse herself of. Anger for trying to justify it. For not talking to the others first.

The list of things to be angry at was seemingly without limit.
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

She heard him, his confused voice, "Layne?"
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

Darth Baras replied, "Welcome back, Apprentice." With a powerful push they were now apart and the Sith waited for her to come at him again.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

No, not now!

If Baras had planned this somehow, then that was all the more reason to get angry. Another thing to add to the list.

"You can't be here right now!" she yelled at Daz, "Just trust me, and go! It'll be fine!"

And then she'd move to strike at Baras again, finally putting her all into it; before this could go somewhere she wouldn't allow it to go.
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Strike versus Average difficulty.

GM flips a Destiny for reasons.
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Lightsaber: 4eP+1eA+2eD 7 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

(Darksaber's base damage is 10)
Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

“The hell I can’t, I won’t let you make a huge mistake!” he dove forward and nearly parried the strike but Layne was too quick, too fierce, and too angry and instead his weapon hand at the wrist goes flying and then clattering to the ground.

Darth Baras turned and walked away and said, “Through Victory, your chains are broken.”

Daz howled, “My arm!”

OOC: That just happened.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

She couldn't see through the anger; and by the time she finally became aware of what Daz was doing it was already too late.

All she could do in the moments following were to stare at what she'd done in horror, tears welling up. Silence passing as he yelled in pain before being replaced by a pained whisper...

"...Why couldn't you just trust me..."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Why?" Daz finally managed after closing his eyes and bearing the pain.

OOC: Scene generates 5 Conflict.
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"Because I *have* to!" she yelled, still not any less angry, even as the tears kept coming. "Because *everything* depends on it!"

Because I can't do any of this anymore.

"...You were supposed to just trust me..."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"I do... I did, until you gave in to the Dark Side," he replied. "That was always the line, I vouched for you, because I knew you would never go back."

"Even when others had their doubts."
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"You don't know what you're talking about," she said, "I *haven't*!"

He couldn't understand. Even if she knew how to explain it, he wouldn't be able to. She wiped the tears away, and tried to keep any new ones from forming by steeling her resolve.

"...Things aren't that simple. I'm trying to make it so there's still a place for the Light in the future..."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"We don't become monsters, we fight monsters," he replied. He then started repeating the Jedi Code to calm his nerves and fight through the pain.
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"It wasn't... it wasn't supposed to be like this... but...if that's what you think I've become..."

Layne could feel the tears welling up again.

"..." She turned away from him, "...I'm sorry."

It *wasn't* supposed to be like this

And started to walk away.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

/scene?
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

/Scene