The main common area; utilized for eating , sleeping, and basic sub standard living.
Lucinia Malveaux

Re: [Day 2 - ME] Sermon of the Unknowable Dark

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

"And the Republic has reason to hate the Empire. Oh yes." Lucinia finished the sentence that Breela wouldn't. She looked at Breela. "I do hope nothing on a personal level, though." She purred (well, purred by human standards). "I suppose if it was personal, you'd have a harder time being cordial, hmm?" Her yellow-tinted eyes probed gently.

She tilted her head, considering. "It all sounds very military. Hmph." Another few moments of consideration, and then she smiled. "Well, if the Republic would like to mingle, why not? I even have a fine red that I'd be willing to donate to the cause." The smile vanished. "But be careful when talking about weaknesses. One Sith would kill another to protect their weakness."
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:47 am
"And the Republic has reason to hate the Empire. Oh yes." Lucinia finished the sentence that Breela wouldn't. She looked at Breela. "I do hope nothing on a personal level, though." She purred (well, purred by human standards). "I suppose if it was personal, you'd have a harder time being cordial, hmm?" Her yellow-tinted eyes probed gently.

She tilted her head, considering. "It all sounds very military. Hmph." Another few moments of consideration, and then she smiled. "Well, if the Republic would like to mingle, why not? I even have a fine red that I'd be willing to donate to the cause." The smile vanished. "But be careful when talking about weaknesses. One Sith would kill another to protect their weakness."
She grins, "I'll bear that in mind and adjust my vocabulary accordingly." She winked mischievously. "As for probing for personal information..." Breela gives an audible purr, "...maybe you'll find better luck after getting them to join you at the bottom of that bottle." There's a playfulness to her but for the briefest of moments Lucinia will have gleaned that there is perhaps something personal buried under her altruistic façade.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Lucinia Malveaux

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

"Well well..." Lucinia's eyes narrowed, even as her smile widened. "Aren't you a curious one?" Again, she was silent for a few moments, studying the Farghul through her narrowed eyes.

She pursed her lips again. "Perhaps I shall go dig out that bottle. For another evening, of course. Currently, I fear it would be a pleasant dry red with heavy notes of fire retardant sludge." Her teeth flashed in a smile of her own, less sinister than some of the earlier ones.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:28 pm
"Well well..." Lucinia's eyes narrowed, even as her smile widened. "Aren't you a curious one?" Again, she was silent for a few moments, studying the Farghul through her narrowed eyes.

She pursed her lips again. "Perhaps I shall go dig out that bottle. For another evening, of course. Currently, I fear it would be a pleasant dry red with heavy notes of fire retardant sludge." Her teeth flashed in a smile of her own, less sinister than some of the earlier ones.
Breela snickered at that. "Another evening then. I'll look forward to it." She excuses herself politely.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Garth Thul wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:37 pm
"Who 'mong us wouldn' want t'..." Garth starts to discuss then shakes his head.

"There's some lines not worth crossin, for any reason."
"I'm sure you know I won't disagree with that," Tethys says, with a small smile. It wouldn't be like her to say We'll make a Jedi out of you yet, Garth, both because it's not her style to be quite that flippant, and because the two of them know that isn't really the point of their friendship after all this time. But she is genuinely glad he's internalized this lesson, whether on his own or via the Jedi way.

"I'll talk with the two of them later. Maybe..." That thought goes in a few different directions, and she's not quite sure how to finish it. "This isn't a good time to be distracted. They know that too." Hopefully, anyway.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

With a glance back to the altar to check out the progress of the ritual, which had apparently concluded, Garth spoke softly to Tethys and Jub'Lub.

"So y'all think we're on some sorta watch list fer not drinkin' th' kool-aid?"
Naval Officer * Human * Pilot * Force User * Blissful Betrothal * Massive Dork

Languages: Basic, Aznuri, Binary
Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak
Vehicles: Orosini Sparrow, Tallulah

Often seen with Major Miyi Thul.
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

Bellious hadn't been considered favoured that much in the end, but it had never stopped her before to reach for what she had been denied. So she decided to leave the place and explore the Unknowable Dark on her own, though likely without own goat to sacrifice.

/exit
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Jub'Lub

Post by Jub'Lub »

Garth Thul wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:27 am
"There's 'nuff suff'erin in th' galaxy wi'out makin' more by choice. How ya' doin wi' all...this." He asks as he waves his hand around, but away from the ritual.

"Ah mean, it ain't quite a water planet, but ice is close, right?"
Tethys Carrack wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:27 pm
She nods at Jub'Lub, letting her hand and the handkerchief it holds fall away from her face now that the moment for comic effect has passed; this also means he can see more of her sympathetic expression. "I know of you from the flagship. Tethys Carrack. It's all right, you did fine." Tilting her head a little, she considers the story behind his introduction. "First field mission in a while?"
Jub'lub had remained quiet whilst Garth and Tethys had their back and forth, half listening, still disturbed by not only the ritual he had just witnessed, but also his reaction to it.

"Some lines not worth crossing, indeed," his delayed response is spoken quietly, almost like a vocal thought. "A watch list, maybe, but I think those who call themselves Sith are more inclined to worry about their own interests.

Tethys' sympathetic look had not passed by unnoticed. He turned to her, "To answer your question, not since the war I'm afraid. It feels like an age ago. I was but a Padawan myself. Forgive me, I don't believe I caught your name."
Jub'lub | Twi'lek | Jedi | Republic | Jovial | Hungry | Got Soup? | Blue Chungus

Gear: Armored Robes | Heavy Cloak | Double-bladed Saber | Various survival gear | Dehydrated fish rations
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Garth Thul wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:40 pm
With a glance back to the altar to check out the progress of the ritual, which had apparently concluded, Garth spoke softly to Tethys and Jub'Lub.

"So y'all think we're on some sorta watch list fer not drinkin' th' kool-aid?"
Jub'Lub wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:57 am
Jub'lub had remained quiet whilst Garth and Tethys had their back and forth, half listening, still disturbed by not only the ritual he had just witnessed, but also his reaction to it.

"Some lines not worth crossing, indeed," his delayed response is spoken quietly, almost like a vocal thought. "A watch list, maybe, but I think those who call themselves Sith are more inclined to worry about their own interests.

Tethys' sympathetic look had not passed by unnoticed. He turned to her, "To answer your question, not since the war I'm afraid. It feels like an age ago. I was but a Padawan myself. Forgive me, I don't believe I caught your name."
"Yes, Tethys Carrack," she says promptly, with a quick smile. "It seems the two of you have met already. Garth is a seasoned veteran of war and politics and an old friend--good to have in your corner, if you're still getting used to this."

"In any case," she adds, thoughtful again now, "I think we're no higher on anyone's list than we already were before this. I sense their tattooed hierophant over there is more surprised that any of our crew actually participated." The smile is gone again at that thought.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:28 pm
"In any case," she adds, thoughtful again now, "I think we're no higher on anyone's list than we already were before this. I sense their tattooed hierophant over there is more surprised that any of our crew actually participated." The smile is gone again at that thought.
"They ain't th' only ones surprised. Ah know ev'ryone finds they own path, but ah didn' think this were Breela's. She might need a li'l more support than ah thought."

Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak

Jub'Lub

Post by Jub'Lub »

"I am pleased to meet another Jedi, particularly one that holds the teachings in high regard. I fear too many of our Order are tempting the fates, trying to harness the power of the dark while claiming the light. One can not serve two masters."
Garth Thul wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:31 pm

"They ain't th' only ones surprised. Ah know ev'ryone finds they own path, but ah didn' think this were Breela's. She might need a li'l more support than ah thought."
"Nor did I, she has been struggling particularly hard lately. The attachments she has with her family is... dangerous. I must admit, I admire here drive to save them, but her methods are fringe and I worry what path she will walk when the moment presents itself."
Jub'lub | Twi'lek | Jedi | Republic | Jovial | Hungry | Got Soup? | Blue Chungus

Gear: Armored Robes | Heavy Cloak | Double-bladed Saber | Various survival gear | Dehydrated fish rations
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Jub'Lub wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:42 pm
"Nor did I, she has been struggling particularly hard lately. The attachments she has with her family is... dangerous. I must admit, I admire here drive to save them, but her methods are fringe and I worry what path she will walk when the moment presents itself."
"Then we should make sure she don' walk that path alone. Our stren'th can be her stren'th, right?"

Jub'Lub

Post by Jub'Lub »

Garth Thul wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:38 am
"Then we should make sure she don' walk that path alone. Our stren'th can be her stren'th, right?"
"Aye, I will be by her side, force willing. I am pleased to see she has kept good company before our meeting. You are good people, Garth."

Jub'lub had felt the... what was it... idealogical tension? between Garth and Tythys.

"Are you interested in learning more from the Jedi? It would appear to me you already stand on solid ground in your understanding of the force. It is in the nature of the light to protect all life, not destroy it merely for the sake of power. I don't think you are too far off from the thinking of a Jedi. I don't believe the dichotic thinking of using both the light and the dark to justify actions. I have been known to lead sermons, in opposition to what we witnessed her tonight, and guided meditations. I may be holding one in the coming days. I would be happy to see both of you there, but I understand your attention may be pulled somewhere else under the circumstances."
Last edited by Jub'Lub on Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Garth smiled broadly at Jub as he suggested learning more of the Jedi.

"Mah mother was 'un ya know? Her blood flows in mah veins, her talent courses through mah body. Th' council says ah can't study yer ways, concerned how dedicated trainin' will be used by one so late to class as it were."

"Not t' say ah ain't discussed the theory with...a few individuals on yer side of th' fence. Always happy fer another chat, but ah agree th' here an' now seems a li'l inappropriate."

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys doesn't quite laugh, because Evil Church doesn't seem like the right place, but she does smile. "I still haven't brought Garth into the fold all these years, but maybe you'll succeed where I couldn't, Jub'Lub." She raises an almost-conspiratorial eyebrow at Garth. Ever since he'd fallen in love with Miyi Thul on Alderaan, Tethys felt, a certain tension had left their friendship to some extent--taking with it a little bit of that particular kind of nerve-wracking closeness, maybe, but also making it more comfortable in other ways.

Her dark eyes flick back to the now-empty cup and she sobers again. "Are both of you close to Breela? I never knew her family, but I met her on Alderaan before she rejoined the Order. I... share your concern, ever since. This is still unexpected, though."
Garth Thul wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:20 am
[snip]
Jub'Lub wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:03 am
[snip]

Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:41 pm
She raises an almost-conspiratorial eyebrow at Garth. Ever since he'd fallen in love with Miyi Thul on Alderaan, Tethys felt, a certain tension had left their friendship to some extent--taking with it a little bit of that particular kind of nerve-wracking closeness, maybe, but also making it more comfortable in other ways.

Her dark eyes flick back to the now-empty cup and she sobers again. "Are both of you close to Breela? I never knew her family, but I met her on Alderaan before she rejoined the Order. I... share your concern, ever since. This is still unexpected, though."
Garth responded to the Jedi Eyebrow (TM) in an appropriate manner. He stuck his tongue out at Tethys. "Yer welcome t' try Jub'Lub, but ah think there's others more in need o' yer attention, despite mah more...organic approach t' the Force. 'Tween Master Carrack and Master Lunda, ah think mah feet 're firmly on a suitably light, if not Jedi mandated path."

Jub'Lub

Post by Jub'Lub »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:41 pm
[snip]
"I've known Breela for about two years now, and I must say we have grown particularly close. Not having any leads on her children, she didn't bring it up all that much. Now that the force has revealed to her they are here on Hoth, it has given her a new hope. Hope can be a dangerous thing, and I believe she is desperate for answers. I trust her though, she may be walking a dangerous path, but I do believe she will prove to be firmly in the light before this is all over. I cannot fault the heart of a mother for wanting to protect her children." Jub'lub shivers a bit and wraps his coat around him firmly. "Not all who follow the light are Jedi, Garth. It is a positive to be exposed to a certain point of view one does not hold," he looks over the crowd of fanatic Sith and confused Jedi, "at least, it can be."

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"I hope you're right about her," Tethys says, the worry lines not quite fading between her eyebrows. "This ritual... I trust she still knows that the dark side won't really help her save her family. Not while still being a mother to them."

She sighs. "Maybe I'll talk to her after this. It's wise to learn about other points of view, yes, but holding on to essential truths is important too."