The main common area; utilized for eating , sleeping, and basic sub standard living.
Galen Panteer

Re: [Day 2 - ME] Sermon of the Unknowable Dark

Post by Galen Panteer »

The mark seemed symbolic and that was fine as a show of respect, but drinking anything was a step beyond. Too far for his taste.

"I'm not thirsty."
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

The goat started bleating and Pipka could've sworn it was trying to talk back to him, when suddenly Ms. Face Tattoos grabbed it up and gutted it. He watched in silence as she pulled out the offal and bled it. Well, at least we're going to eat it and it won't go to waste, it has been a while since I've had goat stew. he thought, until the lady unceremoniously laid the body aside and one of the other people took it away, maybe to the kitchen?

After she said some words, he couldn't have told you what, the people in the room got up and began filing up to drink from her goblet. Feeling a mixture of sadness and disappointment, Pipka followed suit. On his turn, as he stepped up, she holds the cup lower for him to take his sip. Looking inside and seeing the thick red blood, instead of bringing it to his lips, Pipka lets out a small whimper and hands the cup back to Ms. Face Tattoos before returning to his seat, dejected.

D2, ME, Sermon, Discipline: 1eP+1eA+2eD 0 successes
ImageImageImageImage
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

Darth Bellious wouldn't hesitate a moment. The ritual Zhorrid fomented induced her into hyperawareness. The correspondence with the oldest Sith traditions she had studied on Yavin was clear to her and so she embraced the blood sacrifice just as she had embraced them before. She drank from the chalice even though she fully expected the concoction to make her retch. But she used the revulsion to form a stronger connection with the Dark.

ME2. Drinking. Resilience.: 2eA+2eF+2eD 2 failures, 1 advantage, 3 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

[Channelling Agony because this is how Ahaya sisters roll. 4 Dark Pips for successes. 7 Conflict. Taking difficulty decrease.]
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Lucinia Malveaux

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

Of course, all power had a price. The question was, were you willing to pay it? Lucinia was.

Without changing her affect, she accepted both mark and drink, smirking as she did so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

D2ME ULTIMATE POWER! Taking mark 2eD, power +1d, Discipline, FD: 1eP+3eA+3eD+3eF 1 success, 3 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Garth Thul wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:17 pm
Garth moved closer to Tethys and shook his head, offering her one of Miyi's scented handkerchiefs. It wouldn't completely block the smell, but Miyi had insisted he take some with him.

"How th' other half live? Amirite?" Garth asked curiously.

"Ah've seen th' rituals o' the grey an' the light. This just...it's wrong t' me." He whispers to try and avoid interrupting the ritual.
"Making a living being suffer and die just to draw power from it. Nothing ambiguous about that, no," Tethys murmurs back, quiet but grim.

She takes the handkerchief with a surprised twitch of her brow, and looks at it in puzzlement for a moment before realizing how it's meant to be used.

"The smell's not that bad," she whispers, amused. Which is the truth from a certain point of view, perhaps the point of view of someone who's previously smelt a tuk'ata manure pile on fire (she has). "Hm, well... yours isn't, at least." With an eloquent flick of her eyes at the bloody chalice in Zhorrid's hands, she lifts the dainty cloth closer to her nose after all, its monogrammed hem masking the wry curl at the corner of her lips.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

King Jo'ren, First of his name, drank deeply from the Chalice of Darkness... Zhorrid was not wrong. He was already strong of course, but this fired something else within him. Maybe he really was seeing the Great Mysteries. It was an unexpected boon given his degree of skepticism about the new religion, but he knew the power of the dark side when he felt it.

His consciousness seemed to go elsewhere for a moment but came back sharper than before. His gaze flicked around the group before it settled on Layne. He locked eyes with her and smiled warmly, nodding. Surely she had felt the power too?

---

D2. ME. Drinking the Chalice. Discipline check reduced to Easy with Mark back to Average with Base Power. May add Force Dice. Armour bonus.: 3eP+2eA+1eB+2eD+2eF 3 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Triumph, 1 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
4 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Triumph!

Gains 6 conflict.

If we need to pick now: Gain a free reduction to any one future skill check by two (so Hard to Easy).
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Stuff: Armour of the First Wrath, Universal door openers, Thermal cloak.
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Layne Hoshin wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:22 pm
She *had* to delve deeper first. It would all be for nothing if she didn't, after all.

But... she could come back from this. From all of it. Couldn't she? Did the others even know what she'd done yet? She assumed Baesal must've at least; but she wasn't here from the looks of it. Tethys might've been told. The others? Well, she weren't sure they *cared* at all. And none of them would understand it, anyway.

Breela had heard, and she was just happy Layne hadn't flown the coop yet. She got up behind her to take an offering. She'll tap her shoulder and whisper, "You don't have to go it alone you know." She'll say nothing else and down the potion.

Blehhh...

"Blehhh," drinking the blood chalice.: 4eA+2eF+2eD 3 successes, 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Breela feels something... Thanks but no thanks. If it's an option she will flat out reject the boon.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:48 pm
"Making a living being suffer and die just to draw power from it. Nothing ambiguous about that, no," Tethys murmurs back, quiet but grim.

She takes the handkerchief with a surprised twitch of her brow, and looks at it in puzzlement for a moment before realizing how it's meant to be used.

"The smell's not that bad," she whispers, amused. Which is the truth from a certain point of view, perhaps the point of view of someone who's previously smelt a tuk'ata manure pile on fire (she has). "Hm, well... yours isn't, at least." With an eloquent flick of her eyes at the bloody chalice in Zhorrid's hands, she lifts the dainty cloth closer to her nose after all, its monogrammed hem masking the wry curl at the corner of her lips.
"There's 'nuff suff'erin in th' galaxy wi'out makin' more by choice. How ya' doin wi' all...this." He asks as he waves his hand around, but away from the ritual.

"Ah mean, it ain't quite a water planet, but ice is close, right?"
Naval Officer * Human * Pilot * Force User * Blissful Betrothal * Massive Dork

Languages: Basic, Aznuri, Binary
Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak
Vehicles: Orosini Sparrow, Tallulah

Often seen with Major Miyi Thul.
Jub'Lub

Post by Jub'Lub »

With a sigh, Jub'lub stands up and walks towards the back, where Tethys and Garth are talking. He sees Tethys with the handkerchief and remembers his own stink. "Terrible thing, this is. It would appear to me the dark is very much knowable, and we just got a small glimpse of it here tonight."
In a hushed voice, "What they don't teach you upfront is the pain and suffering that feeds their power is often times their own."

He gives Garth a nod as if to say we meet again, then turns back to Tethys, "My name is Jub'lub, it has been my task to keep this path of thinking out of the minds of the young ones. Thank you for your encouragement. I usually have firm control on my emotions."
Jub'lub | Twi'lek | Jedi | Republic | Jovial | Hungry | Got Soup? | Blue Chungus

Gear: Armored Robes | Heavy Cloak | Double-bladed Saber | Various survival gear | Dehydrated fish rations
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Remmington approaches the altar when its his turn. After accepting the mark he drinks from the chalice. Its not the worse thing he's ever had from an altar.

/ Drinking Chalice. Resilience/Brawn @ Avg. + Force. Power +1 Difficulty. Mark -1 Difficulty. 1eP+4eA+2eF+2eD =
1 success, 1 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
+6 Conflict
+Free Reduction to any 1 future skill check by two (so Hard to Easy)
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Breela Po wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:04 am
Breela had heard, and she was just happy Layne hadn't flown the coop yet. She got up behind her to take an offering. She'll tap her shoulder and whisper, "You don't have to go it alone you know." She'll say nothing else and down the potion.
"You are a fool," she said simply, her voice cold as *another* Jedi drank. She did not look at the woman, her eyes locking with Jo'rens instead, during that moment.

Layne had a *purpose* in doing this. A purpose that Breela certainly didn't know about, nor would be able to understand. Layne was plunging herself into darkness so that others wouldn't have to. So that the light might continue to burn in others. What point was there to doing so if others just decided to throw it away carelessly, and for no good reason?

... And what point was there in *caring* whether they did or not? It would only make more difficult that which she herself had to do.

(I'm not sure word has actually filtered down IC yet since Daz decided to keep quiet about it for now)
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

With her part done, she moved away from the alter. Even with being used to what Zhorrid does, it was hard to remain close for too long. The cloak over her head also allowed her to hide a wince from the awful aftertaste.

Really could use something to mask that...

(ooc - open to approach)
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Garth Thul wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:27 am
"There's 'nuff suff'erin in th' galaxy wi'out makin' more by choice. How ya' doin wi' all...this." He asks as he waves his hand around, but away from the ritual.

"Ah mean, it ain't quite a water planet, but ice is close, right?"
Jub'Lub wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:07 am
With a sigh, Jub'lub stands up and walks towards the back, where Tethys and Garth are talking. He sees Tethys with the handkerchief and remembers his own stink. "Terrible thing, this is. It would appear to me the dark is very much knowable, and we just got a small glimpse of it here tonight."
In a hushed voice, "What they don't teach you upfront is the pain and suffering that feeds their power is often times their own."

He gives Garth a nod as if to say we meet again, then turns back to Tethys, "My name is Jub'lub, it has been my task to keep this path of thinking out of the minds of the young ones. Thank you for your encouragement. I usually have firm control on my emotions."
"Not as close as I like," Tethys answers Garth with a note of laughter in her voice despite the rather grim scene still unfolding around them. "Still, I've had worse lodgings. I'm glad you and Miyi made it down all right."

She nods at Jub'Lub, letting her hand and the handkerchief it holds fall away from her face now that the moment for comic effect has passed; this also means he can see more of her sympathetic expression. "I know of you from the flagship. Tethys Carrack. It's all right, you did fine." Tilting her head a little, she considers the story behind his introduction. "First field mission in a while?"

Tethys keeps her voice low relative to the ecstatic noises of the Sith celebrants and her body roughly oriented toward the altar, so their separate conversation isn't too obtrusive while the ritual is still ongoing.

Out of the corner of her vision, she notices Layne and then Breela receiving the poisoned cup, and a line appears between her brows. She'll continue to glance their way periodically after that, checking on their statuses.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Garth notices Tethys's gaze and mentally lets out a sigh that causes his shoulders to drop slightly.

He knew Breela's mental state and was not surprised that she would grasp for any possible help to find her children.

"Her heart rules 'er head too much." Garth confided softly, even as he offered Jublub a smile. "Th' desp'rate will take any port 'n a storm."

Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The High Arcanix exulted the Dark Side and said, “Now go in Strength and know that the Unknowable Dark walks with you. No challenge can break you, and you will dominate all obstacles.”

She placed a hand on Jo’ren and said, “I feel the whispers of the Void, and they name you favored, walk in the embrace of the Umbral dark, brother.”

She then put a hand on Layne and said, “Even a Jedi can see the Strength of the Umbral dark, walk the path, and you will find freedom from the chains that bind you, sister.”

She smiled and ended her sermon.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Lucinia Malveaux

"My word." Lucinia said, one hand coming up to touch her red lips. "I was pleased enough to see Jedi viewing this little ceremony. But to actually take part, well, that is a surprise."

She didn't quite laugh, but she did titter just a little, covering her mouth with one gloved hand. "What a delightful evening this has been."
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

And thus ends the lesson, apparently. Tethys doesn't appreciate the Sith mystic in charge of this vaudeville skit calling attention to Layne's participation. It was a foolish, probably impulsive act, and she already doesn't envy Layne the metaphorical hangover; there's no call to rub it in so publicly on top of that. Though perhaps it's illogical of her to expect a Sith not to be petty when opportunity arises.
Garth Thul wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:34 pm
Garth notices Tethys's gaze and mentally lets out a sigh that causes his shoulders to drop slightly.

He knew Breela's mental state and was not surprised that she would grasp for any possible help to find her children.

"Her heart rules 'er head too much." Garth confided softly, even as he offered Jublub a smile. "Th' desp'rate will take any port 'n a storm."
"Not the first time I've worried about that," she admits, following Garth's eyes back to Breela. Should the Order really have returned her to duty so lightly?

Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

"Who 'mong us wouldn' want t'..." Garth starts to discuss then shakes his head.

"There's some lines not worth crossin, for any reason."

Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:02 pm
The High Arcanix exulted the Dark Side and said, “Now go in Strength and know that the Unknowable Dark walks with you. No challenge can break you, and you will dominate all obstacles.”

She placed a hand on Jo’ren and said, “I feel the whispers of the Void, and they name you favored, walk in the embrace of the Umbral dark, brother.”
For once there was no witty comeback, disparaging remark, or retort. He really did feel favoured. Exultant. Awakened perhaps? Meeting her eyes he nodded.

"Thank you for the sermon, sister. Let's talk about the Umbral dark again. Soon."

His gaze returned again to Layne and decided they needed a chat too. Maybe he wouldn't offer to speak in front of her Jedi friends though. Might not be politic.
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Stuff: Armour of the First Wrath, Universal door openers, Thermal cloak.
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:44 pm
"My word." Lucinia said, one hand coming up to touch her red lips. "I was pleased enough to see Jedi viewing this little ceremony. But to actually take part, well, that is a surprise."

She didn't quite laugh, but she did titter just a little, covering her mouth with one gloved hand. "What a delightful evening this has been."
"Well, well, delighted to see you again." Breela cordially responds ignoring the snark. "Is this sort of ritual a common occurrence?" She asks genuinely curious. "My name is Breela by the way."
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Lucinia Malveaux

Breela Po wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:08 am
"Well, well, delighted to see you again." Breela cordially responds ignoring the snark. "Is this sort of ritual a common occurrence?" She asks genuinely curious. "My name is Breela by the way."
Lucinia looked at Breela, eyebrows raised. "Ah yes, of course, the non-sludgecicle. Delighted indeed. Lucinia Malveaux." She inclined her head, elegantly and aristocratically Sith.

She glanced up towards the front, then back to Breela, giving a sort of half-shrug, one shoulder rising and falling. "Yes and no. This exact sort, I haven't seen before. But we Sith have many different rituals of a similar tenor. Often conducted individually." One pale eyebrow went upwards. "I'd be happy to go into greater detail, if you're interested."
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:16 am
Lucinia looked at Breela, eyebrows raised. "Ah yes, of course, the non-sludgecicle. Delighted indeed. Lucinia Malveaux." She inclined her head, elegantly and aristocratically Sith.

She glanced up towards the front, then back to Breela, giving a sort of half-shrug, one shoulder rising and falling. "Yes and no. This exact sort, I haven't seen before. But we Sith have many different rituals of a similar tenor. Often conducted individually." One pale eyebrow went upwards. "I'd be happy to go into greater detail, if you're interested."
She was not.

She did laugh a little though, "I'm fine, thank you. And who knows, maybe after we get a little more power flowing we can build a nice sauna for the base. Then you can see me brave the subzero elements and laugh your heart out." She jests but a sauna did sound nice.

"It may seem callous, but I suppose I hadn't considered religion a high priority for the Sith. I simply wanted to see how the other half lived. And to extend an olive branch as it were."

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

She stared daggers at the 'high arcanix' and all the cult-bantapoodoo she was throwing around. But she said nothing, only kept standing there and trying to focus her feelings.
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Lucinia Malveaux

Breela Po wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:55 am
She was not.

She did laugh a little though, "I'm fine, thank you. And who knows, maybe after we get a little more power flowing we can build a nice sauna for the base. Then you can see me brave the subzero elements and laugh your heart out." She jests but a sauna did sound nice.

"It may seem callous, but I suppose I hadn't considered religion a high priority for the Sith. I simply wanted to see how the other half lived. And to extend an olive branch as it were."
Lucinia's teeth flashed white. "Very well." She tilted her head. "Nevertheless, perhaps there is room for common ground. A sauna sounds lovely, especially after all that muck. And this ice and cold. How do I keep finding snow in my boots? Shouldn't it have melted by now?!?!" Lucinia's lips drew back in a grimace.

Then she relaxed. "Religion, no. But philosophy, yes. Perhaps..." Lucinia looked towards the front of the room, her red lips pursing. "This is another facet to exploring that philosophy."

A few moments of silence, and then she looked back at Breela, eyebrows going up, smirking just a little. "Oh? An olive branch? Do go on." She murmured.
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:58 am
Lucinia's teeth flashed white. "Very well." She tilted her head. "Nevertheless, perhaps there is room for common ground. A sauna sounds lovely, especially after all that muck. And this ice and cold. How do I keep finding snow in my boots? Shouldn't it have melted by now?!?!" Lucinia's lips drew back in a grimace.

Then she relaxed. "Religion, no. But philosophy, yes. Perhaps..." Lucinia looked towards the front of the room, her red lips pursing. "This is another facet to exploring that philosophy."

A few moments of silence, and then she looked back at Breela, eyebrows going up, smirking just a little. "Oh? An olive branch? Do go on." She murmured.
"Common ground is important. The empire no doubt has reasons to hate the Republic, and the Republic... well." Breela shrugs, "But for the time being we're in the same foxhole. We're comrades in arms for the foreseeable future. In that, I'm willing to be cordial and forthcoming for sure. But more than that we need to mix, we need to learn from each other. In the thick of coming battles we'll need more than a mutual assurance. More than an alliance based on survival." She smirks. "We'll need to know each other's capabilities, rhythms, tactics, and weaknesses. In short, we need optimal unit cohesion. That's why I'm here. That's my game."