The main common area; utilized for eating , sleeping, and basic sub standard living.
Dapper Dog

[Day 2 - ME] Sermon of the Unknowable Dark

Post by Dapper Dog »

An area of the common area was set up with crates as chairs like pews before a makeshift alter made from scrap and spare materials. Already several Imperials had arrived to receive the sermon and even some few Republic who may have just been here for the spectacle.

OOC: This thread will be limited to whoever is present after being opened for about twelve to fourteen hours.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Tethys Carrack

Re: [Day 2 - ME] Sermon of the Unknowable Dark

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Mark Tethys down as 'here for the spectacle.' This is probably obvious enough to anyone watching her, even though she's not particularly trying to radiate 'skeptical Jedi' all over the place. She's propping up a wall at one side of the oratory space, near the back, quietly observing.

While she hasn't spent very much time among large groups of Sith and their Imperial subjects before this adventure, she has many years of experience dealing with distinctive planetary cultures on the Rim. A careful understanding of the religious beliefs of one's interlocutors is often remarkably useful, even--perhaps especially--when those beliefs are weird or just plain cruel.

---

Might-be-relevant talents, in case unexpected wild shenanigans happen while I'm offline--
Calming Aura - When an opponent targets the character with a Force power, after the opponent generates Force points, reduce the total FP generated by one, to a minimum of 0.

Nobody’s Fool x2 - May upgrade difficulty of incoming Charm, Coercion, or Deception checks once per rank of Nobody's Fool.

Congenial - Suffer 1 strain to downgrade difficulty of Charm or Negotiation 1x , or upgrade difficulty 1x when targeted by Charm or Negotiation
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

Galen had always been interested in learning from different perspectives. He wasn't sure what to expect out of this, but it should be somewhat informative.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Lucinia Malveaux

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

It seemed a little ridiculous, really. The Dark Side was an individual journey, or so Lucinia felt. Perhaps with the occasional friend, or apprentice, or troublesome younger sister, but ultimately something done alone. And it was something to study. If this Unknowable Dark was actually unknowable, what would be the point in studying it?

Still, one could find interesting ideas in the oddest of places, and on the off-chance that there was something that might further her own studies, well, Lucinia did want to show up. It didn't stop her from bringing her datapad along though, just in case it was as dull as she feared it might be.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Jub'Lub

Post by Jub'Lub »

The unknowable Dark. What did it mean? There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. How can something be unknowable? It didn't sit right with Jub'lub. He would observe the heretical teachings, and use what knowledge he gains to reaffirm the strength of the Light. Know thy enemy.

At least, that's what he told himself. In all honesty, Jub'lub was feeling a bit lost; he was out of his element. The years he spent training, and then even more years training others, he was not so much of a field agent. Despite his large size, Jub'lub thought of himself as someone capable of blending in and so chose a seat in the middle. Not too close to seem eager, not too far back to seem reluctant to be there.

This will be a good learning experience. To see how the mind of a Sith works. What lies they must tell themselves. 'Through power, my chains are broken,' trading one master for another is not freedom. They are slaves to the Dark.
Jub'lub | Twi'lek | Jedi | Republic | Jovial | Hungry | Got Soup? | Blue Chungus

Gear: Armored Robes | Heavy Cloak | Double-bladed Saber | Various survival gear | Dehydrated fish rations
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Garth had studied at the feet of the elders of the Aznuri for years, he counted several Jedi among his closest friends and had enjoyed many discussions and debates with them.

How could he not take this opportunity to balance the scales of his learning.

He offered a nod to Tethys and Galen before taking a seat near the front out of genuine curiosity. The smell that still lingered after cleaning the sludge meant he had plenty of room to stretch his legs.
Last edited by Garth Thul on Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Naval Officer * Human * Pilot * Force User * Blissful Betrothal * Massive Dork

Languages: Basic, Aznuri, Binary
Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak
Vehicles: Orosini Sparrow, Tallulah

Often seen with Major Miyi Thul.
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Jo'ren turned up for the sermon. He was pretty sure it would be his old friend Zhorrid delivering it, but maybe it would coax his ghostly tormentor out? Or shut her up? Either seemed good in its own way. He wasn't hugely bothered about the new, Sith religion anyway, but it was good to know what the cool kids wee all talking about, if only to inoculate yourself against it.

There were a few familiar faces here already. He gave Lucinia a grin, it had been years but he rarely forgot a face.
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Stuff: Armour of the First Wrath, Universal door openers, Thermal cloak.
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Hearing the announcement, Pipka thought back to the last get together he had seen advertised. That guided medication had turned out great, even ending with a pleasant nap.

With these thoughts in mind, he optimistically headed to the common area at the designated time to learn about the Unknowable Dark. He already knew a lot about the dark, but there was always something new to learn.

Entering the room, he was momentarily disappointed to find there were no mats to be seen. There were boxes set up as seats and a long table that he might be able to nap on. Given that there was only the one table though, he decided not to lie down on it just yet.
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Breela walks up chewing on some Jerky. Occasional grabbing a drink from her flask. "This should be rich."
Garth Thul wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:57 am
He offered a nod to Tethys and Galen before taking a seat near the front out of genuine curiosity. The smell that still lingered after cleaning the sludge meant he had plenty of room to stretch his legs.
"Hey Garth," Breela says, still reeking of sludge herself. She takes a seat close by, then turns and surveys the room. She'll wave at Pipka and Jubbs, and nod at Galen and Tethys.
Last edited by Breela Po on Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Breela Po wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:11 am
"Hey Gar-" She nearly gags, "whoo boi. Good to see you pal."

She takes a seat close by so as not to be rude. But far enough away that she doesn't have to smell the sludge.
"No good deed goes unpunished ah guess." Garth jokes as he waits for the show to start.

"Ah saw th' poster. Y'get any good tips yet?"

Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Aphr, or the bundle of thermal cloaks in her shape, was standing to the side. Even if she had wanted to there was no way she'd have been allowed to miss this.
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Garth Thul wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:31 am
sic
"I'll let you know," she winks, "honestly I'm hopeful." She takes another bite of Jerky. "Want some?" She says with a mouth full.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

"Miyi said she may know some peep in low places, eve' on a empty ice ball lahk this. We maht take a trip t' Junktown t'morrow an' see what we can see."

"Ah don' wanna overstep though."

Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

After meeting the High Arcanix, Remmington figures that he should at least give her the attention that she deserves and comes to sit in on the sermon that she is offering. He looks around, taking in who else has gathered.
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Garth Thul wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:04 am
"Miyi said she may know some peep in low places, eve' on a empty ice ball lahk this. We maht take a trip t' Junktown t'morrow an' see what we can see."

"Ah don' wanna overstep though."
Her eyes light up but she taps the side of her nose before taking a swig, "Put a pin in that, we'll talk. Do you use the Force at all?"

(OOC: Going to Junktown at some point earlier on day 2. Not sure what comes of that yet.)

Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Breela Po wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:28 am
Her eyes light up but she taps the side of her nose before taking a swig, "Put a pin in that, we'll talk. Do you use the Force at all?"
"Ah have bin known t' draw 'pon those energies from tahm t' tahm." Garth replies with a squint of curiosity. "What ya thinkin'?"

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Garth Thul wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:35 am
"Ah have bin known t' draw 'pon those energies from tahm t' tahm." Garth replies with a squint of curiosity. "What ya thinkin'?"
"Just curious, I think you once mentioned it." She chews pensively for a moment then swallows, "Jubby back there uses seek, I use it to enhance my martial arts. You got any cool tricks?"

Jub'Lub

Post by Jub'Lub »

Breela Po wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:11 am
Breela walks up chewing on some Jerky. Occasional grabbing a drink from her flask. "This should be rich."

She'll wave at Pipka and Jubbs, and nod at Galen and Tethys.
Jub'lub returns the wave. Seeing Breela here makes him a bit uncomfortable, with their exchange just the other day. He is not quick to judge though and gives her the benefit of the doubt.
Jub'lub | Twi'lek | Jedi | Republic | Jovial | Hungry | Got Soup? | Blue Chungus

Gear: Armored Robes | Heavy Cloak | Double-bladed Saber | Various survival gear | Dehydrated fish rations
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Layne at this point would surely have made it back to base. Probably. She had left that cave in the morning with many questions, many conflicted feelings, and the rest of the day had no doubt seen fit to feed those conflicts further.

When word trickled through the base of some Sith sermon to be delivered, she couldn't help but pay attention. It sounded like precisely the sort of thing she should be present for... so she could do what needed to be done if it turned into some deranged sacrifice thing, instead of trusting other 'calmer' people, to step up.

So there Layne was, lingering near.
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

Darth Bellious was naturally curious about the subject matter, about Zhorrid's handling of it, and what could happen while she would be. It all was related to her sister's situation, and she wanted to keep tabs on it. True to her style, she remained beshadowed and observant.
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

Darth Baras was always devout, at least he seemed so. He sat quietly.
Dark Side | Human | Massive | Deceitful | Survivor | Treacherous | Sith

*Played by Dapper Dog
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Viyuti had been lost since her conversation with the Doctor, and needed some guidance so here she was.

But still something gnawed at her.
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Breela Po wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:47 am
"Just curious, I think you once mentioned it." She chews pensively for a moment then swallows, "Jubby back there uses seek, I use it to enhance my martial arts. You got any cool tricks?"
"Mos'ly when ah fly or race." Garth confides in Breela. "Number o' times ah shoulda been shot down but somehow ah jus' pick the right moment t' bank away wi'out even thinkin'. Seems ah were special in a diff'rent way than ah thought."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The procession begins.

The High Arcanix followed a procession of women chanting, emulating the witches of Korriz. In her arms was some blue furred goat-like creature. It bleated as she placed and bound it to the altar. The procession spread out around the alter and the faithful among the Imperial bowed their heads in respect.

Zhorrid took her place before the altar and spoke, “The Unknowable Dark has brought us to this place, to the crucible that forge us and make us Strong. We have endured pain and suffering, but this is as it should be. There can be no life without conflict, life must consume life to survive.”

“The weak among us have been cut away, leaving behind those that have the will and desire to go on. The Umbral Dark does not reward the weak, the feckless; no, it gives its gifts only to those that earn its favor.”

“Now we are gathered here to receive the guidance of the Unknowable Dark. But nothing is given for free, we must sacrifice, or sacrifice others to show our devotion to the sacred Dark Side. Before we step into shadow, we must anoint ourselves,” she finished, and attendants start working down the isles offering a supplicant a chance to be marked on each check with a dark red ichor.

OOC: Note if you accept the mark or not. I will give this about six to eight hours from time of posting before continuing. Guests are locked in. No potential benefit for those that join after.
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Garth Thul wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:37 am
"Mos'ly when ah fly or race." Garth confides in Breela. "Number o' times ah shoulda been shot down but somehow ah jus' pick the right moment t' bank away wi'out even thinkin'. Seems ah were special in a diff'rent way than ah thought."
Just as she was about to respond the ceremony started. She instead winked and took another bite of jerky. "Here we go." She mutters under her breath.

She'll accept a mark.

Can't talk about how stupid a ritual is if you don't partake. She thinks while chewing.