The main common area; utilized for eating , sleeping, and basic sub standard living.
Katarzyna Panteer

The Night Shift, Part II (D1, MN)

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Still in her armor and weather-protected Jedi robes, Katarzyna continued her nightly watch. Even as her armor was keeping her warm, she was certain she still felt the cold. Frequently she'd remind herself to wiggle her toes, and was relieved each time that she could still feel them and the blood circulation there, even if they felt frozen.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Dapper Dog

Re: The Night Shift, Part II (D1, MN)

Post by Dapper Dog »

A song fills her ears a woman was sitting like she meditating playing a stringed instrument. The dirge is mournful and sullen.

The snow around is stained with blood... crimson.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Katarzyna Panteer

A Sith, by all appearances, it would seem.

The song to her sounded sorrowful... emotional. There was a strange beauty to it, even if she didn't understand its words or meaning. Music had a way of transcending a lot of barriers in that regard.

But the sight of blood did ruin the beauty of it all, and Kat looked around as she tried to piece together where that blood had come from. Had the woman killed someone? Or was she injured?
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The woman bandaged her hand with some cloth and rose, and said joyously, “The Unknowable Dark has seen fit to test us in this crucible.”

She turned to the Jedi, “The Night is Dark and full of Horrors, master Jedi. Can you feel it… encircling us? The time of testing is nigh. The Light, grows dim.”
Katarzyna Panteer

"The Light will always endure, your lordship." She wasn't certain of who this Sith was, but decided to err on the side of respect at least, knowing that they preferred to think of themselves as Lords and rulers.

"But you are correct, the time of testing is nigh. All of us, Republic and Empire, Sith and Jedi - we will all be tested."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

“The Daughter of the Dragon comes, the Unknowable Dark has said it so, and thus it shall be. Through blood all truths can be revealed, even for a Jedi, Crown-Princess Consort,” she offered drawing near.

“Forgive my crude manners, I am High Arcanix Zhorrid; the faithful must be tended to and I am their guide through the Umbral Dark… I can be yours if only you have the Strength to seize it.”

She offered her hands, one bandaged with a crimson stain.
Katarzyna Panteer

Daughter of the Dragon? This story seemed to be unfolding more and more... Durasay had spoken of the Dragon. Was this the one that Resmi spoke of that had been growing in strength since the Emperor's defeat...?

"It is a... rare honor, High Arcanix. I've not before met one of your position from the Empire." Though she had no idea what that position was, as she figured that was one of these new things that had come with the regime-change. "I don't quite understand what you mean?" Kat regarded the offered hands. "I am a servant of the harmony of the Force, the Light."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

“Of course Master Jedi, you cling to your faith in the Light, I am not here to proselytize, only offer guidance if you have such a need. Through devotion and sacrifice we can find the truths hidden in the Umbral Dark, nothing is given freely. If we are to live, another must weaken itself or die, life is vicious… cruel, but resilient and tenacious.”

The High Arrcanix continued, “There are answers, even for a Jedi.”
Katarzyna Panteer

"It's true, life can be vicious, and it is a natural part of life to die and become part of the Force. Like a wave returning to the ocean," she said, reminding herself to keep the same calm she had had when speaking of similar topics with Zeno in front of the Queen years ago.

"But as sentient beings, we always have the choice to not be vicious. To nurture and create instead of violence and destruction." Kat did not reach for the woman's hands. "You speak of sacrifice... but would you sacrifice yourself for another?"

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Only if the Unknowable Dark demanded it, or by word of the Empress," she responded hands still held out.
Katarzyna Panteer

So only if asked to do so by a higher authority. Kat shook her head a little, realising that this woman would probably continue to cling to this new Unknowable Dark-dogma that the Empire had adopted. She must be one of the true believers of the converts. "Shall I tend to your wound, High Arcanix?" she asked, seeing that her hands were still outstretched. "We will all need our strength in the days to come. Not only against cold and pirates, but against this Daughter too."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

She withdrew her hands slowly, “No, these sacred cuts are a reminder of the sacrifices that must be given for the secrets of the Unknowable Dark. Pain is my vehicle, pain is my oracle, and through such I reveal the secrets of the universe.”

“If you ever have need, my services are always available, Master Jedi.”
Katarzyna Panteer

Kat didn't think she'd miss the old type of Sith she had heard about a lot, but Zhorrid was very sorely making her entertain the thought.

"Likewise, High Arcanix, if you are in need of aid here, I am ready to be of help. We must look out for one another in the trials ahead of us."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"May the Force make you Strong, Master Jedi," she said and then departed.
Katarzyna Panteer

"And may the Force be with you," she offered in return and watched the Sith leave, giving her a small bow.

That was... a strange encounter. It felt like this night-shift was getting weirder and weirder. Hopefully it would continue without any further strange happenings.