The main common area; utilized for eating , sleeping, and basic sub standard living.
Aurilie Alde

Re: (D1 LE Expecting) Fates Entwined

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"Unless something goes wrong, constantly watching our backs should be necessary. However, at the end of the day, we're not going to be flying back home in the same ships. There should be some small measure of decorum and accountability, which thankfully we have one of the best experts in that field with us." she offered an encouraging smile at her beloved wife.

It was a bit late in the day but Aurilie still could feel a pang of guilt on behalf of her children. A dig seems more accurate. "They are only much to handle when they have their moments but I think we do very well all things considered. They aren't as disciplined as Jedi masters but they will be proper princes and princesses in time. I'm sure of it."

She did tense a little as she was being inspected as first before laughing in good humour. "It seems we often find ourselves in the oddest of analogies, my love. A fond habit, even."
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother
Description | Art by MasterArsenic

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"Decorum, unfortunately, hardly matters if one side so flagrantly disregards it," Rhia said with a faint sigh. "It will preserve our dignity, however, in face of such trials. Regardless, I would not be so certain that some will not be sharing ships. Who knows if rides will need to be exchanged or the like."

Rhia shut her eyes and took a calming breath. "Sometimes, I am not so sure about the discipline of Jedi. At least, universally so. We have our dear friend, who may be better labeled as a Paladin nowadays..." She wasn't entirely certain on the politics between those Force Orders. Regardless, a Paladin's outlook on things seemed to vary from the standard Jedi's. "But then there's Tethys, who continues to be a paragon of such matters."

At the very least, they could still laugh together. Afterward, she reached for her beloved's hands to further share the warmth. "A game of words needs not anything but a voice. Rhetorically speaking, of course. Poetry and the like counts too!"
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"If we're at a point where we're flying ships so liberally, I suspect that we must be very close to victory with the pirates or our hostage keepers around here. I'm sure it will make itself obvious easily enough but for now, I suppose there's no reason to make the first move when we're not looking to be the aggressors in this partnership of conveniences."

Aurilie brought in Rhia for a hug and held her as she felt her wife taking calming breaths, trying to give her some further sense of comfort. "Jedi are people, admittedly, but I don't think they've made it a habit of theirs to do anything without great consideration on their parts. So, would say that their discipline is at least famed, even if we might be able to find examples otherwise. Also, I doubt each of them started off as knights and masters in their infancy. Such roles aren't given away lightly. Before I digress too far, I suppose some measure of faith will have to be put on little Ashley, Susette and yes, even Carlotta. Carlotta might even surprise us in the future."

She would happily take in her hands again, giving them a small squeeze in reassurance. One of Rhia's hands was brought up so Aurile could give a kiss on the back of her hand before placing it against her cheek. "A game...I suppose our banter might find itself in confounding places, they do provide us with much to think about."
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"True. If we're so close to victory, then there'll likely be reinforcements or the like." Rhia shook her head. "I will do my best to temper, well, my temper. Cooperating with such foul individuals doesn't sit well with me." Such still extended to the likes of Thul, even if her wife was more open.

And even when they disagreed ever so slightly, there was great comfort in having an embrace. "They aren't meant to be like people. When they act too much on their impulses, they end up like the Sith, don't they?" She opened her eyes and reached over to her beloved's face. "But I suppose there's no getting around it: What will we do if they ask for our children? For all my jests, I wonder if this... what we're experiencing right now. I chose this life, this strife, but what if they try to take that choice from them?"

Unfortunately, the time for games had faded away for the time being. The flame within her flickered, raging to stay alive. For her sake. For Aurilie's sake. For her children's sake. "I'm sorry. We should discuss this matter in better circumstances."
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"I'm not exactly pleased by the circumstances and I'll trust you to speak up when the time comes," she nodded, having a good grasp of her wife's reservations and trusted her consul all of these years. "While I would err on the side of peace, the waters are so murky that I'm sure there will be a share of pitfalls you'll be keeping an eye on."

She blinked abruptly on that note, perhaps a bit unprepared for that possibility. Her arms dropped from as her heart shared that bit of dread in that situation. Many would consider this a gift but as a parent, this would touch her in an entirely different way.

Without saying at first, she stepped to Rhia's side and brought her close with an arm around her shoulders. She gave her wife an affection kiss on the cheek. "Absolutely not need to be sorry, my dear. They possibility of this does trouble me too but this will be something we'll deal with together, if and when the time comes. It is getting a bit late, perhaps we should retire for the evening?"

It was a long day, to say the least.

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"If it were up to me, then there would be peace. But even if we disregard the Sith's dubious claims, there is still the issue of the slavery, the genocides..." Cynella sighed. "We must abide by their customs for the time being."

Cynella shook her head. "No, no, it's unlike me to voice new concerns in the midst of such troubles." She laughed but only once. "Both of us have been acting strangely, yes? Perhaps after a night's rest, we can be more like ourselves again."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"They aren't our enemies, to be fair...but I suppose peace will still keep our ideologies apart to be fair. We shall be civil despite those differences," she said as she gave Rhia a small reassuring pat. This peace was not a sign of a utopia in the universe, that was for sure, and it was never going to be the start of one either.

She looked about the room, considering that they didn't have their own separate quarters yet. This was easily the strange slumber party she had attended in her life. "I think rest will do our nerves some good. The day has put us quite on edge. I think I'll see to trying to find some sleeping bags in the emergency kits. There should be some around..."

/scene