The main common area; utilized for eating , sleeping, and basic sub standard living.
Cynella Alde

(D1 LE Expecting) Fates Entwined

Post by Cynella Alde »

The day far contrasted with her prior lifestyle. She could hardly fathom spending her days wondering about the latest luxury development and how it would fare inside a Kuati ship in a feasible way. Sometimes she had to sacrifice that due to availability or price. Nowadays, she couldn't afford to make sacrifices in the same way. Necessities coming from their limited supplies needed to be even more exacting. Lives over profit margins...

And so, when her beloved had sent out on an expedition, it was only natural for her to feel remiss. The Prince of Joral was far better suited for venturing outside. Maintaining command, creating trades, that was the Princess' forte. And yet, to be separated from both her children and her wife in such desperate times pierced through her usual hearty demeanor. The smile she longed for failed to materialize.

At the very least, the neck gaiter did well to conceal most of her gloominess.
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Aurilie Alde

Re: (D1 LE Expecting) Fates Entwined

Post by Aurilie Alde »

The terrain of Hoth could be something of an arctic beauty and that was perhaps not so dissimilar from the peak winter months of Mount Joral at times. When the blizzards would descend down on the mountains, there would be nothing but snow outside. The amenities were leagues better on Mount Joral, of course. Given the current circumstances and the other 'house guests', it would be difficult to put the two worlds in a similar light.

Aurilie had been different ever since the rough landing on Hoth. Even among her beloved and friends, she had been quiet and almost brooding, perhaps more possessed by a purpose than anything else. First, she had forged a path toward Echo Base, perhaps communicating more with the flares and hand signals along the way. Even when the finally found safety, there was an edge about her and she immediately hopped on the first chance to venture outside the moment she heard about the possibility of others in the snow.

Thankfully, the night would soon descend down on the world and force them back to the base for some respite. They couldn't reasonably do anything more until tomorrow. The doors would open and a snow-covered Aurilie would venture back into the common area of the base. They had found survivors, thankfully, but her expression seemed less than pleased. Were there others out there still?
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother
Description | Art by MasterArsenic

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

In a way, the general reclusiveness of the Prince of Mount Joral was oddly nostalgia-inducing. To be once again a noble of seldom smiles and even rarer laughs. But beyond that romantic notion, Rhia couldn't help but be worried. It wasn't just behavior but the outright danger of this place. Something far more potent than she had anticipated loomed by. Too many unanswered questions left her sour indeed.

All of the doubts would have to wait. Rhia, upon seeing her beloved's return, rushed over to welcome her back. If a hug could melt away all the accumulated snow, then that would be exactly what would happen. "How many did you find out there?" she asked, somehow confident that no harm had come to Aurilie.
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie might have been brooding too much in her internal thoughts to register the approaching Rhia and the hug that followed afterwards. Her hands were by her side at first but would stiffly place themselves around Rhia in almost a robotic gesture. That wasn't to say that the affectionate gesture did nothing to her, sobered her mood by adding a little warmth to her heart.

"Two, at least," she said quietly with an exasperated breath. It wasn't so much she was physically hurt or had exerted herself but perhaps some realization that she might have ignored a few people around her. "...Sorry for just going off like that without telling you."
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"Two lives are now in much better care," Rhia said, refusing to let go of her beloved. "As for your disappearance, it wasn't so difficult to discern the cause. You weren't the only one to seemingly vanish." She kept her head close to Aurilie's shoulder. In a way, there was something oddly terrifying about people being actively kidnapped from this place. After all, they still possessed little idea of who had sent them here.

"II should be expecting you to set off on some grand hunt soon, yes? It wouldn't be like you to not go out and see what we can eat on this desolate planet."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie let out a small sigh at the difficulty of the situation but found herself thankful for Rhia's support. It took her a moment to accept it but she likewise rested her chin on her shoulder. At the moment, it was perhaps still cold enough to keep some lingering snow on her clothes. "...Still, it wasn't unlike me to just do so without a word, especially after everything that's happened. Terribly lousy of me to not be more attentive and run off wanting to play a hero...or something."

"...I haven't even thought about hunting yet, to be honest." She gave a blink at that. "My thoughts have gone everywhere except in the most obvious of places. I might be a bit of a wreck at the moment, my dear."

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"Much unlike you, yes. However, in times of stress, people often act in, say, erratic ways." There wasn't a softer way that came to mind. Even her sunny disposition had limits imposed on it.

"Such as not thinking much on hunting. Of course, I'm thinking of it less as a chance at glory and more to feed the populace here. I'd rather us not devolve into murder over scraps."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"Yes..." she reluctantly admitted on that note, sounding a bit defeated at that prospect. "Ever since the landing, no, likely prior to that...my failure to navigate out of the exploding wreckage weighed heavily on my shoulders and likely only compounded with each passive snowfall. These are not exactly ordinary times, to say the least. I might have set too high of an expectation to think that I'd be so capable of shrugging off our adversity and carrying on like this was just any situation."

"Of course, of course..." she nodded soundly as she gave her wife another squeeze in her hug. "I don't think there's been talk of a food shortage as of yet, thankfully. If anything, some seem more preoccupied with the opportunity of retaliation.

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"So many of us crashed, yes? It's not as if any of us were more seasoned pilots." Rhia pursed her lips. A whole lifetime of inspecting ships and advertising them hadn't meant that she knew much about how to operate them. A shame, really.

"The fear of more attacks is the most pressing. However, a lack of food is something far more nebulous. We can't realize how low we are until the stockpiles are more empty."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"...right," she begrudgingly said on the matter. "I guess when many of us were ushered from our quarters and forced to evacuate in short order, the standards are understandably lower. Considering the end result is that we've made it down without grave harm was...good. Thank you for putting it into perspective, my love."

She took a slow breath in. "Right then, food is important. Better to be prepared than sorry later. Considering the sentiments between sides are...reasonable now. I'd hate to see what would happen when there's a shortage of resources to add further tension."

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"I'm sure Riss wishes that things were different though," Rhia said, perhaps a bit too soon for such humor. "Maybe it's a good time for her to get a Kuati replacement? There must be something we can do about the name, at least."

Though she couldn't be so snide forever. "Perhaps we can go out on the trip tomorrow. You won't have Ser Keyhote's aid so you will have to settle for me instead." Her eyebrow perked. "Though I imagine we'll need others as well. Perhaps, as distasteful as it may be, an Imperial would be a good addition. A teambuilding exercise, as it were."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"Well...the Rimma had been serving her well while she had been living in semi-forced exile from Alderaan. I don't think she would discard it so easily when it has much sentimental value to her. That said, the common area could serve to be a bit bigger. Thankfully, the ship didn't disintegrate on impact, I'm sure it could be salvaged later."

She slowly released her from the hug, although her hands trail down her arms so that she could take her hands into her own. Her expression looked a bit defeated and weary, it was obvious that it wasn't just fatigue that had been plaguing her. However, there was an obvious glint of hopefulness in her eyes. "I'd love that, to be honest. How strange that we haven't had too many opportunities to team up on the same field...I suppose it probably should be expected given our professional pursuits but I appreciate the opportunity to fix that. A slight silver lining of being away from home, at least."

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

On the topic of sentimentality, she couldn't disagree. "There must be some sort of vehicle that could haul back any of the ships out there." She had almost referred to them as wrecks instead, though such would have been a bit insensitive for the situation. "As it is, we can't be sure if we'll need to evacuate this base too. It seems unlikely, I must admit, given that they probably would have annihilated us already." Her brows narrowed. "Which makes this entire thing more and more odd."

Though Rhia's hands were all gloved up, she still appreciated the touch. She maintained a warm demeanor, though someone so familiar with her would know that her heart wasn't indomitable. All the talk of planning was a desperate effort to keep things from getting worse. "It has been unfair of me to drag you into tango while not hunting much myself. I'd always figured Ser Keyhote and Sando were better partners for that."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"I haven't checked with any of the other captains who managed to get their ships to the base. Many of them don't look like they're in good shape. It's likely they don't want to add to the number of ships buried in the snow until some repairs are done and the blizzard lets up. There's been a suspicion that the blizzard might be preventing them from striking but I can't be sure." She let out a sigh on that note. "Only speculation at this point until we can get some further intelligence.

Aurilie found a small smile finally at the mention of tango. "Come now, my love, there's no need to talk about tango as an ordeal. Nothing could be further from the truth, especially considering my previous dancing experience and familiarity with the waltz, it was a pleasant change. I've learned early on that hunting hasn't caught your interest and that is not something I've ever wanted to change. However, if you wish to accompany me on a hunt, I couldn't think of a better partner than my better half."

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"The blizzard can only prevent so much," Rhia said. "I would think that such an advanced foe would spare the munitions to just blanket the whole area." She pursed her lips. "Perhaps, though, they aren't looking for annihilation. Besides the obvious among the Alderaanians, there are important figures here."

Rhia leaned in to nuzzle for a moment. "Such is true, you learned the steps quickly. I can only hope that the same will be true for me on a hunt." She smiled faintly. "Oh I'm sure Ser Keyhote could wrestle down a rancor, something I could never dream of accomplishing."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"I'm sure they that the Republic will send help to oust them from their damnable grip on this planet. The Empire too. Such an assault wouldn't go unanswered. However, if I had to guess as to why they hadn't followed up on their assault, they might be looking to keep us hostage at a distance. It deter any attacks if they could crater Echo Base on short notice but I hope I'm just conjuring a plot from one of those...light novels than what's actually happening here," she grimaced.

"Speaking of ships, there was that corporate mercenary director around here who seemed to have her ship mostly intact it seems. We acquainted with each other a few hours ago...but I wager her ship is more of a luxury destroyer than a heavy-duty freighter." She shrugged.

She smiled back fondly at her. "I think you'll be more than capable, despite not being able to wrestle a rancor. You very well have much of the talent already. I recall your part in defending the throne from those would-be assassins. I suppose hunting is not quite that but braving danger is a part of it, the rest is just patience."

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"An interesting theory," Rhia said. Despite standing right in the blast zone, the political ramifications fascinated her more. "It would be difficult for a rescue team to reach us first. So if this is a way for the pirates to display their power, then perhaps they truly have done well for themselves." Her good nature about it faded, most apparent in her eyes. "In that case, it becomes even more imperative that we rescue ourselves."

Rhia raised a brow. "Unless there are multiple, I would have to assume you mean the one associated with Czerka."

That had been an odd day indeed. Suddenly picking up swords, swinging them while in a torn gown... "The rancor was mainly rhetorical. I mainly do not wish to disparage Ser Keyhote's practice. I would trust you two far more than I to know how to track an animal, how to skin it, and so on."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"I get the feeling that we're going to have to be more subtle and beat them at their own game. Potentially, a planetary jailbreak of sorts," she said pensively at first. "However, that wouldn't be fulfilling our mission here in the slightest and we would be leaving in defeat, if that were the case. Until this snow lets up and we get a better idea of our situation, it is hard to know where we are situated and how much trouble we truly are."

"Yes, Director Melmoar, I believe was her name? I don't recall seeing her among the volunteers and she did mention the Sith with some familiarity. So, I could imagine that she was either employed or associating with them prior to our meeting. I'd be a bit wary about them. It's clear that the Sith attract certain kinds of company. I get the feeling it's not because they pay more or anything of that sort." She frowned momentarily on the matter.

"I wouldn't get caught up on the potential hardships and questions just yet," she smiled softly at her wife, giving her fingers a small squeeze in reassurance. "It'll be a group effort and I'm sure you'll be able to do some part. I'd be happy to have you by my side, regardless of our success. You'll do much to brighten up an otherwise dreary circumstance."

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"A planetary jailbreak? Now that is an ambitious prospect. Leave it to my wife to aspire for such," Rhia said with her signature wink. It was perhaps an effective means to rouse spirits. "Sometimes mission objectives change. Such, as you described, relies on gathering more intel. The most important part is remaining alive to use said intel, though that's a bit too glum, isn't it?"

Rhia let out a dry laugh. "She's an interesting woman. The next time you think I expect too much of our children, then let me direct you to her."

A squeeze for a squeeze. A fair exchange, seemingly a rarity on this winter world. "Of course. You know, I find it oddly endearing to hear you reinforce your devotion to me. Though I may be confident in it, the very words are charming." She giggled, restrained both due to consideration for others and a bit of embarrassment once more. "There's power in words indeed."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"That is something I plan to do at first light, hopefully when the blizzard lets up. I imagine that's something a few of us will be doing. The situation has made for some strange bedfellows but I don't think anyone wants to find out what would happen if we let cabin fever get the better of us. The Republic and those of the Sith Empire should share sentiments in being productive, at least." Other than that, she knows little else regarding their sudden and unexpected partners.

She frowned pensively. "...I see...We merely had a talk about firearms, our common enemy, and little much else. I trust that you've managed to gleam more insight from her. She didn't mention children and she was plenty peculiar."

"That should be a bit expected, considering that we both hinge our livelihood on words. I happen to favour truth and sincere intent in mine, I'll have you know." Aurilie gently lifted one of Rhia's hands to give her a soft kiss. She did lean in slightly to look at her directly with an earnest smile to make her honesty clear. "I love you, Rhia."

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"Strange bedfellows? Do you mean beyond the Sith?" Rhia asked, growing more and more impressed. Even after all this time, her beloved still surprised her. "I must admit, you have done far better at communicating with them." After many opportunities of pillow talk and the like, Aurilie likely knew how uncompromising Rhia was with the Sith.

"Interesting. I spoke to her at lengths about her intended heir, or rather, raising one." Rhia tried to lift her beloved's spirit with a stroke on the arm. "I wouldn't think too hard on it. Czerka will continue on, with or without our input." Unless they went on some wild quest to burn down the corporation. That, however, was a totally absurd concept.

Nobility's greatest strength, according to so many on Kuat, was the veracity of their words. So she put her entire being into conveying the truth: "I love you too. While that may not be enough to fix all of our problems, it will certainly fuel us as we find the solutions."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie paused for a moment with a raised brow at Rhia, wondering where her wife was thinking when she was talking about bedfellows. At the very least, Aurilie meant in the political sense. "...I did mean the Sith, actually. It seems that was the conclusion made after some discussion before everyone went off to their personal discourse. That won't literally be the case but seeing as how our accommodations are arranged without strict dividers, who know what strange relationships might spawn from adversity..."

"Oh," she let out a small chuckle on that note. "Director Melmoar is only one of many directors on their board and I got the feeling this wasn't a position she was born into either. Either way, I'm sure she's savvy enough to ensure her continued legacy. You have to have a minimum amount of cunning to work in the business of war, they say."

"I suppose love alone won't get us out of here," she smiled sheepishly on that note. "But it is something I will hold on to fondly as long as I breathe. Love does bestow me with much purpose and confidence. I daresay it might even potentially define me. If that were the case, would that make love less fuel and more of a ship?"

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"Oh." Rhia blinked a few times. The one time she tried to be particularly clever had led to her embarrassing herself entirely. It was part of why she so dreaded saying much at one of those cutthroat, Kuati parties. "I do find it odd, though, that neither side has wanted to set up barriers. This peace between us may very well be a lie, yes?" That stupid code really set back any sort of Imperial diplomat.

"I imagine she will have quite a lot on her hands in the coming years. Oh Czerka." Rhia let out a soft chuckle of her own. "And maybe her children will prove to be even more demanding of her time."

Rhia raised an eyebrow. "Someone is feeling awfully poetic today," she teased. "If you're a ship, then you'll have to carry me off this planet." She looked up at the ceiling though her focus was what was beyond. After a bit more reflection on their fate in the coming days, her eyes returned to her wife. For now, all she wanted was to get by. "As an expert in ship aesthetics, I'm qualified to say that you exceed standards on any and all scales."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"I'm sure there's a certain degree of sincerity from both parties but at the moment, we're left with little choice. The barriers don't matter so much when we're in close quarters and ultimately," she let out a small sigh. "Barriers will come in many forms and they will be found somewhere. I know little about the mastery of the Force but I suspect the obvious divide is found in the Jedi and Sith. People..."

She narrowed her eyes for a moment, wondering if she recalled any of the Empire who weren't Sith. "...Are also equally complicated. I'll give it a chance, for now, because we have to. Going against the grain now will benefit nobody."

"I hope you're not projecting my dear. However, I suspect that you'll do better with demanding children than most more mundane people," she smirked faintly.

There was a tilt of Aurilie's head as she gave her a bemused expression before cracking a smile. "My word...this is easily the first time I've been complimented as a proverbial ship, my love. I feel half-flattered and the other part of me is a bit uncertain but I'm glad that I've exceeded your review, that doesn't come lightly from an industry expert. I fully intend to not only do well in aesthetics but any good ship we know must fulfill its purpose or else they're only a showroom model, right? Other worthy of paperweight but not I. While I did have some part as a figurehead of this mission, I do intend to be instrumental in carrying you off this planet, one way or another! Well...not as literal as the metaphor, to be clear."

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"With enough ships, the divide could be quite easy." Rhia let out a soft sigh. "And they will make easy targets for sabotage. That and foodstuff. I'll be keeping that close to heart."

Rhia had been, in fact, projecting. "Far better for me to be present than absentee, correct? Current circumstances aside, I think we do quite well, even though they can be much to handle." She said that despite all of the help around the house. Somewhere, far away, a less privileged mother felt a tinge of rage.

"You're the one who spoke of ships first, darling. How could I not play off that?" Rhia began circling around her as if continuing her inspection. "A showroom model hasn't been tested nearly enough. I'd say you've undergone far too many trials to be labeled thus." She paused, both in speech and steps. "This is, admittedly, an odd comparison."