The main common area; utilized for eating , sleeping, and basic sub standard living.
Darth Baras

Re: D1 MM - Cold Comforts (Open)

Post by Darth Baras »

Darth Baras turned to the Jedi and said, “Are your people in need of our aid, Master Jedi?” His mask hiding his face and shielding his emotions from view.
Dark Side | Human | Massive | Deceitful | Survivor | Treacherous | Sith

*Played by Dapper Dog
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Luth Khalan wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:19 pm
Tethys Carrack wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:04 pm
"You were a friend of Mr. Varliss, I think I recall. Once." Tethys gives the masked woman a measuring look.

"Strange if it were a coincidence, yes. But we have felt something is... coming. I'm not surprised the Sith feel it too." Tethys nods. There's a note of curiosity alongside the wariness in her voice; she wonders what the peculiar feeling is like to these Dark Side users. Luth's phrasing doesn't suggest thrilled anticipation, so perhaps the Sith don't fully understand this dark current either. Or at least any that do have special knowledge about it aren't sharing widely with their peers.
"Once indeed," she replied, tone distant. She doubted she had any friends but Zeno left in the Republic. Ties cut out of what had felt like necessity then. To protect them from the man who had just arrived.

[imperial_march.mp3]

Luth straightened as soon as she sensed his approach, well before he arrived. When he finally did, she turned and bowed. "I am pleased to see your safe arrival." She turned toward Tethys. "Darth Baras. A powerful dark lord of the Sith, and my master, though I am sure his reputation precedes him."
Darth Baras wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:21 pm
Darth Baras turned to the Jedi and said, “Are your people in need of our aid, Master Jedi?” His mask hiding his face and shielding his emotions from view.

"Darth Baras. This is quite an unusual" no, not honor exactly "--circumstance." Tethys isn't wearing a mask, which means it's clear enough that she recognizes the name Baras and that his reputation does indeed precede him. Her brows twitch a bit. "You wouldn't happen to have a facility-scale power generator in that shuttle, I suppose? Otherwise, I strongly suspect your people and mine all need much the same things right now."

The Jedi's body language is deliberately clear, the 'neutral negotiations which can't be guaranteed not to turn aggressive' stance she's developed over years of wandering the Rim. She's calm but energized, ready to move in an instant if needed.

"We tracked quite a few pods that hit atmosphere further from this beacon, so we expect many more crew coming in here." A free offer of information... and also a warning that the Republic castaways will be a hard meal to swallow if the Sith choose to take a bite. Tethys nods at Luth. "Your associate says that will not be a problem."
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

Darth Baras responded, “It may be possible to fulfill that need, Master Jedi.”

“You have nothing to fear from us, we are both flat footed. Cooperation serves our best interests.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

“Fear is a choice, Darth. We have no need of it here anyway.” Tethys half-shrugs one shoulder. “My side won’t make the first hostile move. If you can contain yourselves, I see no reason we can’t share this space with you until everyone can get out of here.”

Her dark-eyed gaze sweeps the masked figure of Luth and the ever-incongruous Zeno. “It seems you have some inside understanding of Republic emergency procedures on your side, so that should make this easier.”

And vice versa, maybe, though to the best of her knowledge Zeno hadn’t ever been as fully integrated in the Sith rank and file (such as it is) as Luth Khalan had once been in the Republic military.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

Feeling the eyes on him from Tethys, he looks to her and nods. "I know the standard procedures for Sith emergency recovery. Learned all about that stuff during pilot training before the academy. If we get my ship fixed up a bit, it has longer range sensors which should help locate tracking beacons. I could pinpoint individuals and send back specific coordinates."
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Ship: Umbral Vanguard | Sidekick: Lady Savagery
Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:37 am
“Fear is a choice, Darth. We have no need of it here anyway.” Tethys half-shrugs one shoulder. “My side won’t make the first hostile move. If you can contain yourselves, I see no reason we can’t share this space with you until everyone can get out of here.”
"I shall relay that sentiment to the Empress upon my return, I am sure she will be elated that the attempt on her life was just a reaction to her ascension, Jedi killing children, how novel," he responded.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

Zeno understood that she wasn't really a child. No, she was created using the Void Engine. And had she been Zeno's daughter he wouldn't have said anything, but people make decisions and decisions have fallout.

"Child? Not really. Though her mother explained it all to me before the Empress was conceived," he says, shrugging at the idea that it was child murder. Clearly he was more aware of the Empress's nature than probably most people are.
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

"Well it's easy to see how the Republic justifies their actions," he said with a wave of his hand.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Oh noooo..." Zeno responds with sarcastically feigned worry. "A Sith claiming moral superiority to make someone else feel ashamed. I've never done that before."

Zeno rolls his eyes so hard Baras can probably hear it.

"I'm going to get to work. Have fun in here."

With that Zeno takes his leave, going to find something more productive to do.

/exit

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys nods in acknowledgment of Zeno’s suggestions. She’ll need to talk with him later; it sounds like he probably would have a better grasp of Imperial procedure than Layne, whom Tethys is pretty sure wasn’t any more of a rules-follower on the Sith side than she later became on the Jedi one.

With equanimity, she says as Zeno’s departing stomps echo in the icy space, “It is true, some members of my order have made decisions in the conduct of war that I could not support. Perhaps they will again in future. I expect I don’t need to tell a high official of the Sith Empire about the conflicts and disagreements that inevitably appear in very large organizations.” A thin and mostly humorless smile crinkles the corners of her eyes for just a moment. “You must have many more vivid experiences of that than I do, in fact.” Notably, Jedi disagreements are both rarer than Sith ones, and don’t usually result in piles of corpses and planets on fire.

“But right now none of those Jedi are here, and I am. As are several others whom I know and trust,” she concludes. “So I speak with confidence.”

Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

"I meet very few, if any, Jedi that I like, Master Jedi," he responded. He leaned forward to speak more softly, "But you are on the path to breaking that... tradition. I have complete confidence that we can maintain this amicable working relationship."

He straightened and added, "If I have any concerns in the future, I know I can come to you to hash them out."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Luth inhaled and exhaled slowly, restraining her reaction. To the production between Baras and Zeno. She narrowed her eyes behind her mask as he leaned forward and spoke. Wasn't a fan of that... for some reason. Still, things seemed to be simmering down, and it was a relief. Carrack was more reasonable than she'd come across initially, echoing Luth's own sentiments. "I'm glad to hear that." It was a general response. Both things expressed were a positive toward survival.
Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Remmington personally thought Baras was stretching that out a bit much. He watched Zeno march off with some interest. He looks back to Luth. "Nice to have a new face in the crowd. Well new to me at least."
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Luth let the tension drop slightly out of her shoulders as she was addressed. "Oh. Yes! It's nice to meet you. Same here."

Remmington Balmung

"You seem familiar with a lot of people already but I don't think we've ever met. If I am wrong, I apologize for not recognizing you." Remmington replies.

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

Remmington Balmung wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:35 pm
"You seem familiar with a lot of people already but I don't think we've ever met. If I am wrong, I apologize for not recognizing you." Remmington replies.
Darth Baras spoke, “Have you insulted my apprentice?”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Remmington Balmung

Remmington shakes his head. "Not at all my lord. I am not sure if I have ever met her before or not."

Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

Remmington Balmung wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:59 pm
Remmington shakes his head. "Not at all my lord. I am not sure if I have ever met her before or not."
"Then why are you apologizing, are you not Sith, are you afraid of her rebuke? Are you a child controlled by fear?" he demanded.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Remmington Balmung

"I am being polite." Remmington answers.

Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

"That better be all it were, men with too many apologies are the first worms to show betrayal," he said tersely.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Rumun Gol

Post by Rumun Gol »

Ah Darth Baras, being Darth Baras. The tall alien looks the back and forth between Remmington and the Dark Lord of the Sith without interveening.
Duros Fugitive |True Sith|Rebel |Darth Hoshi's Apprentice|Spacecraft Enthusiast|

Equipment: Large Crossguarded-Lightsaber, Enviro-Suit or Enviromental Adverse Gear, Gauntlet, other things in his utility belt...
Vehicles: Speeder
description

"Only the force can free us from the chains that bind us"
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Darth Baras wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:12 pm
"I meet very few, if any, Jedi that I like, Master Jedi," he responded. He leaned forward to speak more softly, "But you are on the path to breaking that... tradition. I have complete confidence that we can maintain this amicable working relationship."

He straightened and added, "If I have any concerns in the future, I know I can come to you to hash them out."
"I'm glad we have this understanding, then," she says with a smooth nod. Whether or not she can actually credit the claim that he likes her, or might--too soon to tell, really--she's too honest to return the compliment, but she's also diplomatic enough to accept it peaceably. "Please do."

Ten years on, Tethys is still the same person who had once cut comms on the brutal Eralynn Varad--but there had been nothing good to gain from those talks, only Varad taking pleasure in her own cruelty. Baras needs something from the Republic force at the moment--and, at the moment, doesn't seem inclined to be unreasonable about that, or actively engaged in doing harm.

She offers a nod to Luth as well when the masked woman expresses approval of the temporary truce(??), then watches the interaction between the three Sith with the air of a xenoanthropologist unexpectedly tossed into a field observation... which perhaps this is, in fact.

Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Luth nodded in return to Tethys before observing the... exchange between Baras and Remmington. It wasn't the first time she had been present when he came for someone like that, so it didn't ruffle her anymore. Intervening when he was in this mindset was dangerously close to looking like countering, though, so she just let out a soft breath within her helmet. Better to break the tension and shift the conversation.

"More of us all will be arriving soon. Probably with the Republic's commanders."

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"I expect so, yes," Tethys agrees. As a veteran of many diplomatic conversational re-directs, she can't fail to notice this one. That's interesting. "There will be a lot of work to do shortly, and much to discuss." Her brows arch with a complex blend of emotions: mild amusement at how much of an understatement that sounds like once she's said it; worry for the others out in the blizzard; skeptical curiosity about her new, temporary Sith neighbors, and more.

"Master Khalan, as you are Darth Baras's..." subordinate? apprentice? evil henchwoman? human property? 'My master' was rather ambiguous in the Sith context--"associate, I'm sure we'll need to talk further soon enough," she adds, in a mild and almost offhand tone.

Remmington Balmung

"Manners are important." Remmington replies.