The main common area; utilized for eating , sleeping, and basic sub standard living.
Layne Hoshin

Re: [Day 1 - LA] Tension

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Omandri Rist wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:14 pm
Omandri frowned "yes that tracks with the data we have on Sith. Hard to understand how they survive as a society with the amount of backstabbing and predatory politics they have." It honestly made no sense the Empire survived the way it did but galaxy is full of strange things.
"It's not all that different from Alderaan a few years ago, really," she reminded the Doctor. "More extreme, yes, but there's an order to it. Fear keeps them from going too far. Keeps them in line. But yes, eventually the empire will consume itself, I'd guess."
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Layne Hoshin wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:58 pm
"It's not all that different from Alderaan a few years ago, really," she reminded the Doctor. "More extreme, yes, but there's an order to it. Fear keeps them from going too far. Keeps them in line. But yes, eventually the empire will consume itself, I'd guess."

"Degrees are always the nuance in politics and societies. Alderaan had its problems, still does, but it's nothing close to the degree the Sith and Empire operate. We still lifted each other up and cooperated more often than we schemed." He explained

"Honestly without an enemy like the Republic I'd give them a year or two with us the decline is slower but inevitable." He looked back to her "You obviously saw something worth flipping for."
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Omandri Rist wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:50 pm
"Honestly without an enemy like the Republic I'd give them a year or two with us the decline is slower but inevitable." He looked back to her "You obviously saw something worth flipping for."
"That was..." she hesitated a moment, "...well, complicated."
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

"Didn't think it would be simple." He said with a smile "maybe once the base is somewhat livable its a story we could share over drinks. Sounds interesting."
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Omandri Rist wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:16 pm
"Didn't think it would be simple." He said with a smile "maybe once the base is somewhat livable its a story we could share over drinks. Sounds interesting."
"I wouldn't get too comfortable here if I were you. It's only a matter of time before this place gets hit too, if the other team doesn't get us first. But sure. I could definitely use a drink."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He shrugged the injured arm in the sling making it more obvious "Not much choice I have but to get comfortable and get this place in a state where I can have a good chance of someone being able to work on this."

Description|Theme
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Leontyne Saresh wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:12 am
Tethys Carrack wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:06 am
Tethys's lips quirk thinly at the Senator as Thy heads off on her own business. "If this is a pretense, it will be hard for a crew their size to keep it up in close quarters for long. We'll know soon enough, and there's little we can do differently until then anyway."

She gestures around the room, the plates of her armor shushing softly under her robe. She's still wearing it, awkwardly martial as it looks, because the extra insulation and heating nodes she'd added to the joints in anticipation of Hoth's difficult climate are the only reason she's not hypothermic after hours in this mostly-dead base. "I'll try to get a count."
The Senator watched Thy go and then turned back to the Jedi and said, “I am just concerned everything has happened so fast and I know we will have some issues. I am hoping we can get some kind of communication out to Coruscant or well anywhere. Once they realize we are missing it will probably go to a committee to see if they should follow up… committees are not fast or nimble in their decision making.”

“And this wasn’t a popular mission, let’s just say some folks in the Senate would rather stick their heads in a sarlacc hole than antagonize the Empire or even pirates in far off places.”
"Think of it this way--we may not have meant to, but we've called the pirates' bluff," Tethys points out wryly. "Some in the Senate could turn a blind eye to pirates preying on refugees in the Rim, but can they ignore the destruction of a Republic navy ship full of Senators and Core World nobility? Hard to imagine, even at Senate committee speeds."

From her years supporting Bankor's government rebuilding efforts, she's somewhat familiar with the Senator's temperament. It's Tethys' own nature to temper fire with cooling water, but nothing that even faintly whiffs of Jedi condescension will go down well with Saresh. So she just tries to sound reassuringly confident.

"We have the numbers to keep safe sharing this base. We just need to stay sharp and stay warm until we know what exactly is going on here." With the pirates and with the Sith.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Pipka wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:19 am
"Wow, I've never met so many Jedi, well I'd never met a Jedi before this trip. And all of you know the Turtle, that's so awesome."

Sluuuurp

"They're good, well Hacha was a little banged up, but all he could talk about was getting back to work.

So, are all you Jedi and Sith making friends in here? I thought you guys usually fought it out. I'm glad you all decided to make up."
She smiles hearing the news ''Sounds like what I know of him allright''

She looked around

''Usually we do not have the choice...in an odd turn of events this situation gave us a small miracle of it's own. I am also glad we chose the path of cooperation.'' she says with a nod

''I must say you have quite the armor there. You maneuver it with incredible ease ''
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

He nods knowingly as he speaks, "Sounds like just the thing both sides needed, a little time stuck together."

After her comment about his flight proficiency, he does a little twirl in the air. "Thanks, Hacha's been helping me with it. It needs a little more fine tuning to handle the corners around here better. But it helps me keep up with you taller folks. I have to take about three steps for every one of yours."
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

She observes the twirl with appreciation

''I had considered this modification for an armor I aim to design for myself but I fear I would bump around like a bouncing ball''
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

"Well, this one uses repulsorlifts, like the one used for hauling cargo, so it was easy enough to get the stabilizers and tune them. In fact, I think we're going to 'un-tune' them a bit so I could round the corners a bit faster. It will really depend on the wearer slash pilot to adjust.

That's one of the reasons I didn't go with a jetpack, with my size, I'm liable to go off into orbit. Plus, this is much more suitable for interior use."
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
description
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''True enough.'' she nodded having seen jetpacks in action ''Have you been with the turtle long? I don't think I saw you when they were on Alderaan.''
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

"I wasn't with the Turtle back when they were on Alderaan, I was still a slave then. They raided my owners and I joined up with the crew after.

So you're another noble from Alderaan then? Do you know Jerri Organa?"
description
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''I am not a noble, no'' she smiled at the idea and what some might think of it ''Just a jedi...but I know the Jerri you speak of, if only in passing. Why do you ask?''
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

"Oh, I'm a big fan of his. If you were on Alderaan during that Festival of a Thousand Flowers, did you see him stop Duke Ulgo? I heard he single-handedly fought back the Duke to save the Queen, stopped an interplanetary criminal ring, and seduced a Jedi in the span of a week... Amazing."
description
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

Finding no more people she had to have a word with, Darth Bellious left.

/exit
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Pipka wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:13 pm
"Oh, I'm a big fan of his. If you were on Alderaan during that Festival of a Thousand Flowers, did you see him stop Duke Ulgo? I heard he single-handedly fought back the Duke to save the Queen, stopped an interplanetary criminal ring, and seduced a Jedi in the span of a week... Amazing."
Okay...she did not expect that

''The man as a talent for prose but none of these actually happened the way you describe it...I am sorry.'' she pursed her lips

Wait...am I going to crush this little guys hero on our fist meeting? Oh Tython why.

''The truth is far more interesting.'' she brought back ''Ask Knight Breela Po. She was there and went deep undercover with the terrorist...I am sure she has a lot to tell that haven't made it into print.''
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Pipka picked up what she was putting down. So Breela was the Jedi he seduced at the Festival of a Thousand Flowers five years ago. It made sense, she was an attractive Farghul.

Did that mean Breela was the heroine in Cathar Scratch Fever? No, that was published eight years ago and she wasn't a Cathar, but he could've changed some details to protect her identity, such a gentleman, and it did show some of his preferences.

"Oh, I didn't even think to ask her about Jerri. We were doing guided medication when we met. I bet she has a lot of great stories about Jerri."
description
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

The jedi stared into the void for a moment...for no reason

''I bet she has. Know Daz Hoshin? He broadcasted some of the events live...I think he also is on this trip.''
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Pipka's voice rose a few octaves in his reply, "Ya Boi, Prince Daz is here!?"
description
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Of course''

Of course a fan of Jerri would know Daz

''If you wish I can make the introductions later''
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

His voice rose to a barely audible pitch, "I could meet Prince Daz. Yes please please please please please."
description
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Sure thing, friend'' she grins ''He always enjoy seeing his fans''