The main common area; utilized for eating , sleeping, and basic sub standard living.
Jo'ren Rath

Re: [Day 1 - LA] Tension

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Thy Yulani wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:01 pm
She continued chatting and then started moving around the common area assisting others and making sure people had ample accommodations and the like.
Well, there was no time like the present. He walked confidently across the common area to where she was doing her Jedi do-gooder thing. While he wasn't concerned about any Jedi foolishly intervening he calmly kept his hands away from his sabers. It was the polite thing to do. No point getting in a fight right now and making a mess.

He stopped a few paces away and removed his helmet. The air in here was cooler than in the ortolan cave. Fresh, but frosty. They were going to need that extra power, and soon. There was time to think about that later.

"You look well Thy."
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Stuff: Armour of the First Wrath, Universal door openers, Thermal cloak.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

[/quote]
Thy Yulani wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:16 pm
Thy said, "I don't think they left their posts."
Leontyne Saresh wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:17 pm
Saresh responded, "Been trying, still not sure the Empire isn't behind this."
Tethys swallows a sigh. "Understood." She hadn't been on the cruiser long, but it'd been long enough to tell it was a well-run ship with a good command staff and crew.

Tethys's lips quirk thinly at the Senator as Thy heads off on her own business. "If this is a pretense, it will be hard for a crew their size to keep it up in close quarters for long. We'll know soon enough, and there's little we can do differently until then anyway."

She gestures around the room, the plates of her armor shushing softly under her robe. She's still wearing it, awkwardly martial as it looks, because the extra insulation and heating nodes she'd added to the joints in anticipation of Hoth's difficult climate are the only reason she's not hypothermic after hours in this mostly-dead base. "I'll try to get a count."
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

Rumun Gol wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:54 pm
*snip*
"I am sure you know what I've been doing, more or less, because of the overlap with what you've been doing." Moyr said quietly, with a hint of amusement. "It's curious we've crossed paths so little until this moment. I suppose the Force has finally delivered in this regard. And I must say I am glad that it has. There are so few after my own heart." She added a teasing note by the end.
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Pipka wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:55 pm
snip
After her round of serving coffee the Jedi Master returned to her reservoirs to verify their levels. Ground coffee would become a rarity in the next few days so it would be better that they enjoy the moment while it lasted.

Something had changed: there was a small hovering fuzz-ball around

''Greetings'' she said as she approached ''I do not believe we have met.''
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Thy Yulani

Post by Thy Yulani »

Jo'ren Rath wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:00 pm
He stopped a few paces away and removed his helmet. The air in here was cooler than in the ortolan cave. Fresh, but frosty. They were going to need that extra power, and soon. There was time to think about that later.

"You look well Thy."
Thy turned and said, “If you need assistance…”

She squinted and looked again and then nodded and said, “Jo’ren. It’s been awhile.”

Jo’ren also heard a woman’s voice behind him, “For a murderous killing machine you do have a soft spot, it’s almost adorable. Bit odd, but here we are. I would chide Master Thy on her tastes but we have all had our terrible person phase, but there is no fixing you.”
Light Side | Human | Chill | Old Soul | Mother | Duelist | Jedi Master

*Played by Dapper Dog
Leontyne Saresh

Post by Leontyne Saresh »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:06 am
Tethys's lips quirk thinly at the Senator as Thy heads off on her own business. "If this is a pretense, it will be hard for a crew their size to keep it up in close quarters for long. We'll know soon enough, and there's little we can do differently until then anyway."

She gestures around the room, the plates of her armor shushing softly under her robe. She's still wearing it, awkwardly martial as it looks, because the extra insulation and heating nodes she'd added to the joints in anticipation of Hoth's difficult climate are the only reason she's not hypothermic after hours in this mostly-dead base. "I'll try to get a count."
The Senator watched Thy go and then turned back to the Jedi and said, “I am just concerned everything has happened so fast and I know we will have some issues. I am hoping we can get some kind of communication out to Coruscant or well anywhere. Once they realize we are missing it will probably go to a committee to see if they should follow up… committees are not fast or nimble in their decision making.”

“And this wasn’t a popular mission, let’s just say some folks in the Senate would rather stick their heads in a sarlacc hole than antagonize the Empire or even pirates in far off places.”
Twi'lek | Senator | Seasoned Politician | Fearless | Ambitious | Republic

*Played by Dapper Dog
Rumun Gol

Post by Rumun Gol »

Darth Bellious wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:56 am

"I am sure you know what I've been doing, more or less, because of the overlap with what you've been doing." Moyr said quietly, with a hint of amusement. "It's curious we've crossed paths so little until this moment. I suppose the Force has finally delivered in this regard. And I must say I am glad that it has. There are so few after my own heart." She added a teasing note by the end.
'' Well i'm just a simple alien trying to make ends meet, right? i'm sure that whatever you have been doing during this period has way more importance and impact on a universal scale, my Lord.'' He said, half serious, after all, he is just a simple alien with no ties to anything, right?

The alien seemed to look around, although the headgear and the maskbreather make it difficult to discern. '' I'm sure that we could find some more time to catch up, my Lord. I do hope that i don't bore you with tedious details of a simple life as a spaceship worker, but so you wish and have time, we could talk later.'' He adds. '' Also, apparently we will remain in this frozen base for quite a while, so it seems...''
Duros Fugitive |True Sith|Rebel |Darth Hoshi's Apprentice|Spacecraft Enthusiast|

Equipment: Large Crossguarded-Lightsaber, Enviro-Suit or Enviromental Adverse Gear, Gauntlet, other things in his utility belt...
Vehicles: Speeder
description

"Only the force can free us from the chains that bind us"
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:52 am
snip
Pipka tilts his head side to side and takes a moment to examine Baesal's face, then he pulls the cup of brocafth away from his face and sniffs the air a bit. "No, I don't think we've met. I'm Pipka, it's a pleasure to meet you.

He brings the cup up to take another sip and softly whispers to himself, "I need to tell Nudimsu about this, he'll love how efficient it is, I may need to convince Hacha though."
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''The pleasure is mine.'' she bowed her head ''I am Jedi Master Baesal Zyn...Nudimsu and Hacha? Are you a member of the turtle then?''

She thought she had seen their ship lead the charge against the pirates

''How is everyone?''
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

"Wow, I've never met so many Jedi, well I'd never met a Jedi before this trip. And all of you know the Turtle, that's so awesome."

Sluuuurp

"They're good, well Hacha was a little banged up, but all he could talk about was getting back to work.

So, are all you Jedi and Sith making friends in here? I thought you guys usually fought it out. I'm glad you all decided to make up."
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"I am sure we can find a topic or two even a simple alien like you will be able to hold conversation over." Moyr stifled a laugh. "Like safe driving tips."

She left a moment for the mental snickers. "Meet me at your earliest convenience."
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Rumun Gol

Post by Rumun Gol »

Darth Bellious wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:32 pm
"I am sure we can find a topic or two even a simple alien like you will be able to hold conversation over." Moyr stifled a laugh. "Like safe driving tips."

She left a moment for the mental snickers. "Meet me at your earliest convenience."
'' Of course, of course. I'm not a very knowgeable person but, i might have one or two tips about safe driving '' He said to her.

'' As you wish, my Lord. I will notify as soon as possible in order to not bother your agenda. '' Rumun adds, bowing again with respect.
Duros Fugitive |True Sith|Rebel |Darth Hoshi's Apprentice|Spacecraft Enthusiast|

Equipment: Large Crossguarded-Lightsaber, Enviro-Suit or Enviromental Adverse Gear, Gauntlet, other things in his utility belt...
Vehicles: Speeder
description

"Only the force can free us from the chains that bind us"
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Thy Yulani wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:08 am
Thy turned and said, “If you need assistance…”

She squinted and looked again and then nodded and said, “Jo’ren. It’s been awhile.”

Jo’ren also heard a woman’s voice behind him, “For a murderous killing machine you do have a soft spot, it’s almost adorable. Bit odd, but here we are. I would chide Master Thy on her tastes but we have all had our terrible person phase, but there is no fixing you.”
A pleasant smile crossed his face. "Well, I wouldn't turn it down. Yeah. Too long. I missed you at the Treaty signing." In truth he often reached out the through the force to work out where in the galaxy she might be. And Nilu. He figured one of these days they were going to get in trouble and need his help. Yeah, that was it...

At the sound of the voice he looked around for the source with a frown. "No fixing...?"
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Thy Yulani

Post by Thy Yulani »

The voice does not reply to him. Thy responded hesitantly, “I was away, just like at the Jedi Temple.”

“I wasn’t expecting to see you here, but in hindsight, I probably should have, kind of like completing a circle.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Layne was still there, watching. Honestly, also still recovering a little from her time out in the wastes. Little would she know she'd get lost there again pretty soon. For now though, she watched. Noticing more and more familiar faces. It really *was* like a class reunion in ways. There was Jo'ren over there, for instance, talking to Thy.

She didn't even want to *imagine* what they were talking about.

Others were reconnecting in similar ways, it seemed. She let out a deep sigh. Maybe *she* was the strange one for not being able to do the same. Then again, not a lot of people from back then who'd be chummy with her anyway.
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Layne Hoshin wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:29 pm
Layne was still there, watching. Honestly, also still recovering a little from her time out in the wastes. Little would she know she'd get lost there again pretty soon. For now though, she watched. Noticing more and more familiar faces. It really *was* like a class reunion in ways. There was Jo'ren over there, for instance, talking to Thy.

She didn't even want to *imagine* what they were talking about.

Others were reconnecting in similar ways, it seemed. She let out a deep sigh. Maybe *she* was the strange one for not being able to do the same. Then again, not a lot of people from back then who'd be chummy with her anyway.
Omandri saw a familiar face and moved toward the jedi he'd fought alongside five years ago "I heard on the wind you got a bit of a promotion Master Hoshin." He said by way of greeting "congratulations."

He didn't know Layne extremely well but they had fought together, his sister had tried to kill her, and he had patched up a big hole in her chest "Glad to see you made it down ok."

He seemed slightly worse for wear, one arm clearly injured in a sling even if it was mostly covered by the greatcoat draped over his shoulders. Other wise he looked mostly the same as she might remember, a bit broader shouldered and a couple grey streaks that weren't there before.
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Omandri Rist wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:22 pm
Omandri saw a familiar face and moved toward the jedi he'd fought alongside five years ago "I heard on the wind you got a bit of a promotion Master Hoshin." He said by way of greeting "congratulations."

He didn't know Layne extremely well but they had fought together, his sister had tried to kill her, and he had patched up a big hole in her chest "Glad to see you made it down ok."

He seemed slightly worse for wear, one arm clearly injured in a sling even if it was mostly covered by the greatcoat draped over his shoulders. Other wise he looked mostly the same as she might remember, a bit broader shouldered and a couple grey streaks that weren't there before.
Layne had taken a seat sometime during his approach, so now she was looking up at him as he spoke to her.

"...Yeah."

Gods, it wasn't *just* the old Korriban class either. Lots of other people from her past were here too. It was all getting jumbled together, wasn't it?

"Didn't know you'd be here. I uh... heard things are supposed to be a little less... murder-y... over on Alderaan these days."

Her gaze moved over to where Baras had been and maybe still was. "Quite the cast, huh."
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Thy Yulani wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:07 pm
The voice does not reply to him. Thy responded hesitantly, “I was away, just like at the Jedi Temple.”

“I wasn’t expecting to see you here, but in hindsight, I probably should have, kind of like completing a circle.”
"Well that's because..." He hesitated. Would telling her he made sure the attack waited until she was far off-world make her feel better or worse? "...will of the force."

"Yeah. I know what you mean. Something's going down. I guess we'll see what it is all too soon." His expression turned serious. "If you need anything you let me know. I've always... I've always got your back."

Thy Yulani

Post by Thy Yulani »

Thy replied, “Yes, the will of the Force. I am glad you made it in one piece, we will need all the help we can get. We only have this common area for sleeping, we thought it prudent to divide it into an area for the Republic and one for the Empire.”

She added, “Lots of work to do, but I hope to see you… around.”

She nodded and departed.

/exit

*Played by Dapper Dog
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Jo'ren nodded back and watched her go. Even after all this time...

For a moment he was lost in thought but it passed and he took another look around for the source of the voice, muttering something uncharitable under his breath. There was no one there. Just ghosts of the past.

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Layne Hoshin wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:38 pm
Layne had taken a seat sometime during his approach, so now she was looking up at him as he spoke to her.

"...Yeah."

Gods, it wasn't *just* the old Korriban class either. Lots of other people from her past were here too. It was all getting jumbled together, wasn't it?

"Didn't know you'd be here. I uh... heard things are supposed to be a little less... murder-y... over on Alderaan these days."

Her gaze moved over to where Baras had been and maybe still was. "Quite the cast, huh."
Omandri nodded "yeah Riss roped a good chunk of the Alderaanian nobility into coming. Kat, Galen, the princes of Joral, Zeno." He shrugged "Seemed like a good enough cause. Though this is a bit more than I signed up for."

He looked around the crowd "Seems many already know each other, you seeing old friends? enemies?"
Last edited by Omandri Rist on Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"That there is none other than Darth Baras," she said, "my former master. Back when I came to Alderaan the first time."

Omandri would surely remember the relevance, she imagined. It was Baras on whose orders she killed a Rist assassin after all, which got her involved in all that mess with his house and sister.

Her gaze slowly drifted across the room. "A lot of former classmates from Korriban here too. People who thought me dead, or a traitor. Others who likely never gave me a second thought. Some of them were people I once respected, or thought would come over to our side. Maybe one or two I thought already were, only for them to turn out to have been on theirs all along."

She sighed. "I'm amazed it hasn't come to blows yet, but I doubt that'll last long."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri nodded looking at the man she indicated, he certainly had the aura of menace about him "Heard the name, pretty high up in the Empire we have some intelligence on him."

"Hopefully it lasts. The pirates are working together, we need to as well if we want to survive. Even Sith understand cooperation in the face of annihilation."

Description|Theme
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Qozaiym Zholyeva wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:30 pm
“Now zhat we are all fast friends, I suggest we stop alluding to murder or who is not worth saving eh? Zhis is how it is, we are stuck here for zhe foreseeable duration, you, Prince of Alderaan, since you are already formulating a plan; oversee rescue operations when zhe weather permits.”

She continued, “Sith, best put out of zhe mind any talk of weakness, lest I put a boot to that busted leg of yours. Don’t zhink I did not see zhat Jedi and soldiers escort you in. Zhink on zhat mercy eh? We need to clean out zhe hangar before we began any maintenance operations on what few ships we have.”

“And zomeone figure out what zhe bloody hell zhat droid is talking about!” She added, “If you can walk zhen you can work!”

OOC: Anyone complying with orders gets a free upgrade on their next roll for doing any work around the Base or in the field.

General giving Orders: 4eP+1eA+2eB+3eD 5 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Remmington notes some of the exchanges going back and forth. It looks like most people have already gotten into their own talking circles. He approaches the general and offers a salute. "Thanks for taking control of the situation there general."
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Qozaiym Zholyeva

Post by Qozaiym Zholyeva »

Remmington Balmung wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:03 pm
Remmington notes some of the exchanges going back and forth. It looks like most people have already gotten into their own talking circles. He approaches the general and offers a salute. "Thanks for taking control of the situation there general."
Heading off herself she responded, "No zhanks need, it's just what needs doing."
General | Imperial Army | Human | Tall | Slave-Born | Renegade | Hardened | Strange Accent | Sith Empire

*Played by Dapper Dog