OOC Chat and other things.
Darth Bellious

Re: GM Questions

Post by Darth Bellious »

Fair!
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Can I ignore the setback from smell in Hoth Sludge Winter since I've been inundated with it for the last six hours?
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Pipka wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:37 pm
Can I ignore the setback from smell in Hoth Sludge Winter since I've been inundated with it for the last six hours?
Sure why not.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

The Smell in Hoth Sludge - if you have vacuum sealed armor, cN you ignore the setback?
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force | Confident
Carries: Lightsaber, Modded Heavy Battle Armor, Cascader, Utility Belt
"All journeys end..."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Durasay Mixo wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:49 pm
The Smell in Hoth Sludge - if you have vacuum sealed armor, cN you ignore the setback?
Sure it will look a little intimidating or odd but sure if you want to go that route. Might add it's own set of wrinkles to diplomacy.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

I may be mis-understanding, but I think Durasay was actually asking whether wearing the armor during the clean-up could prevent the sludge from affecting the person inside said armor--i.e. avoid taking setback from smelling it during the event, and/or leave the smell (and social penalty) behind with the armor after taking it off?
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

I think for my sanity let's say if you are in that thread you come out smelly.

Weird Star Wars logic.
Jub'Lub

Post by Jub'Lub »

Granted there is a lake, can I use my lightsaber to cut a hole in the ice in order to go ice fishing? Or is other equipment necessary?

did PCs need to be in the tension thread to benefit from the one upgrade to help fix the base?
Jub'lub | Twi'lek | Jedi | Republic | Jovial | Hungry | Got Soup? | Blue Chungus

Gear: Armored Robes | Heavy Cloak | Double-bladed Saber | Various survival gear | Dehydrated fish rations
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

A bunch of questions here

One additional one for more public info - it mentions travelling through the icy wastes costs a timeslot (I assume that's there and back) and Junktown is in the same part of the forum, so does it mean it takes minimum 3 timeslots to go to Junktown - one to travel there, one or more while there and one coming back?
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Aphr Ahaya wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:11 am
A bunch of questions here

One additional one for more public info - it mentions travelling through the icy wastes costs a timeslot (I assume that's there and back) and Junktown is in the same part of the forum, so does it mean it takes minimum 3 timeslots to go to Junktown - one to travel there, one or more while there and one coming back?
Yes.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Jub'Lub wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:31 am
Granted there is a lake, can I use my lightsaber to cut a hole in the ice in order to go ice fishing? Or is other equipment necessary?

did PCs need to be in the tension thread to benefit from the one upgrade to help fix the base?
I like the idea of ice fishing so sure, and I will say no at this point her command gets filtered down.

Hoth has a lot of ice though.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

I don’t see any obvious reason why this wouldn’t be okay, but just to be clear and aboveboard—

Can characters with a power base from a past game draw on that to buy their way into Junk Town? Since one of its use cases is “get 500 credits.” That does assume we have some way of communicating with them, I guess!

Also, do characters going there need to pay tribute every time, or are you on the guest list after the first one? I read it as the latter option, but don’t want to assume.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:48 am
I don’t see any obvious reason why this wouldn’t be okay, but just to be clear and aboveboard—

Can characters with a power base from a past game draw on that to buy their way into Junk Town? Since one of its use cases is “get 500 credits.” That does assume we have some way of communicating with them, I guess!

Also, do characters going there need to pay tribute every time, or are you on the guest list after the first one? I read it as the latter option, but don’t want to assume.
Yep.

One time thing unless you piss off the pirates.
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Could use some GM attention here: viewtopic.php?p=4429#p4429
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

In the Dark Sermon scene, would a Lore check (or perhaps Force thingy?) grant characters any insight as to what kind of power Zhorrid is tapping or what she's doing with the goat/blood/etc?

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:50 am
In the Dark Sermon scene, would a Lore check (or perhaps Force thingy?) grant characters any insight as to what kind of power Zhorrid is tapping or what she's doing with the goat/blood/etc?
Sure, let's say Lore at Hard as it is fairly new.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Plus the usual 1 difficulty increase from our power level, right? So 4p?

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:55 am
Plus the usual 1 difficulty increase from our power level, right? So 4p?
Yeah.
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

We need to get Rescue resolved, and bonuses that resulted from rolling.

https://hoth.fallenash.com/viewtopic.php?p=4475#p4475
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

The obligation we take from the ortholans can be taken even if we started already capped?
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:31 am
The obligation we take from the ortholans can be taken even if we started already capped?
Yep, the cap is just for game start.
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

C5-PT wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:22 am
"Greetings yellow parallel, the green secant is looking green bilateral," a droid verbalized in Basic looking at the Chiss.
Is it possible to try to logic out what C5-PT is saying? Hacha would prefer to be able to translate rather than just slicing in there.
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Slicing will be bad, also sure logic away in your head.
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

If slicing is bad, with Hacha's suggestion of logic away for C5-PT. Is is possible just to write a program/software or build a translator for people to use?
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Remmington Balmung wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:02 pm
If slicing is bad, with Hacha's suggestion of logic away for C5-PT. Is is possible just to write a program/software or build a translator for people to use?
I am going to say no because that is part of the thing, the droid is odd. We are not bypassing that.