The majority of Hoth is frozen glaciers, jagged rocks, and frozen landscapes.
Galen Panteer

Search, Rescue and Secure (Patrol, Day 1, ME)

Post by Galen Panteer »

Galen waited at the base entrance. Venturing out earlier would have been safer, but there had ben other matters to attend to. Search teams had been out earlier, regardless, and had brought back whomever they could. If there were still survivors struggling to reach shelter, this might be the last chance to find them.

Beyond helping anyone still out there, Galen wanted to gain some familiarity with the surrounding terrain and look for any signs of potential threats. Apparently, the base had some external sensors, but there was no telling what condition they were in.

"Ready?" he looked to the others.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Breela Po

Re: Search, Rescue and Secure (Patrol, Day 1, ME)

Post by Breela Po »

Breela was ready and antsy. Her thick coat and hood were pulled in tight. "Kriff it's cold." She nodded at Galen.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Ready as ever to help people, Kat was there, geared up in her armor and carrying her backpack with the necessary equipment. The winds from the entrance whipped at her jedi robes over the armor. "Ready as one can be here, Galen," she said with a respectful bow of her head. He was the experienced outdoorsman, and she'd defer to him.

A nod and a smile was given to Breela as well.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Luth sat in a scout vessel, ready to do a flyover to help with the lay of the land. Her voice came through the coms. "Ready as can be."
Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie was also here. She had nothing to add but her expression and posturing said that she was ready to do something productive. No rest for the noble, here.
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother
Description | Art by MasterArsenic

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"Alright." Galen nodded. "Time to go. Let's not spread out too far, we don't want to get separated. Luth, let us know if you see anything we should investigate, or any areas we might not be able to see easily from the ground."
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

"On it!" Luth took off first, speeding out over the landscape. Her sharp eyes scanned the landscape, scanners suite cutting through the blizzard to spot something in the distance. "I think I have something. Even with my scanner, it's hard to tell if there are survivors, but it might be something worth salvaging, regardless."

ME Opportunity - Patrol; Piloting: Planetary; 1 Boost from following orders, Hard Difficulty: 1eP+4eA+3eD 1 success, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

1 boost to the next person.

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"Understood." he replied and quickly led the group to the designated area. The snowfall was deeper there, making things a bit more difficult.

- - -
Search, Rescue and Secure (Patrol, Day 1, ME), Hard Survival, Following Orders Upgrade, Boost from Luth, Explorer's Knife Boost, Blizzard Setbacks: 3eP+1eA+2eB+3eD+2eC 4 successes, 2 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

1 Setback to the next. Sorry.

Katarzyna Panteer

Letting Galen take lead of the group with Luth's serving as the group's scout, Kat was able to find pipes, power-cables and other parts belonging to the base that fuelled its power. She wasn't some wizz-mechanic, but she'd done her fair share of repairs on frontier worlds so this was more up her alley. Unfortunately however, the weather was working against them, and while the repairs were done successfully, it did slow the group.

"How did you and... Luth, was it? How did you two meet eachother?" she asked as they worked, curious of how Galen was a friend with someone who was seemingly a Sith.

------------

D1 ME. Opportunity: Search, Rescue, and Secure. Mechanics/Intellect. +1B Custom Tools. Upgrade from General. Depleted penalties. +1S from Galen: 2eP+3eA+1eB+3eD+2eC+1eS 4 successes, 4 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sorry, 2 Setback to next roller. :(

Running tally: 3 successful rolls (2 more needed, 4 more possible).
Used skills: Piloting, Survival, Mechanics.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie was eager to do some good and merely go to work without any pleasantries. This was a tad off for the prince and might have gone unnoticed. After all, they all were jostled and shaken up... they found themselves with odd bedfellows at Echo Base. It was a strange day for everyone.

Day 1 - Mid Evening: Coordination with 2 Setback and 2 Boosts, also one skill upgrade!: 2eP+2eA+2eB+3eD+2eC+2eS 2 successes, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Triumph...Perhaps Aurilie finds some survivors?!

Used skills: Piloting, Survival, Mechanics, Coordination.
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Triumph sounds good, leave it to you to describe the survivors.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

Katarzyna Panteer wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:36 pm
"How did you and... Luth, was it? How did you two meet eachother?" she asked as they worked, curious of how Galen was a friend with someone who was seemingly a Sith.
He shook his head. "I don't think we did. I don't recall ever speaking with her before, but I'm sure I've seen her somewhere. There are a lot of familiar faces here."

Katarzyna Panteer

"Ah, apologies, I misunderstood." There had been so many names and faces (and lack of faces considering the masked-trend of the Empire), she hadn't caught them all.

"Friends and not enemies I hope? The familiar faces, that is."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:23 pm
OOC: Triumph sounds good, leave it to you to describe the survivors.
Aurilie trudged through the landscape and lead the way as they walked. The blizzard did a good job of throwing snow about and that unfortunately covered parts of the terrain that could prove to be anything from a mere annoyance or a fatal drop. That was one thing that stuck out in the terrain and it didn't seem like a rock formation. Her feet touched something smooth and it perhaps piqued her curiosity enough to do some light digging. In due time, she seemed to uncover the side of an escape pod.

"We've got something!" She called out to the others before slinging her rifle to do more digging with her hands until she found the exterior release panel. Yanking the emergency switch, the door shot out of its hinges to reveal an unconscious Besalisk and a Mon Calamari who looked worse for wear with a broken arm. From the looks of their uniform, the survivors were probably a cook or kitchen staff on board the Valorian. Those Imperials might not like survivors but at least the extra hands here would ensure they wouldn't be eating merely rations for the next few days.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Kitchen staff unlocked.

OOC: Good food is coming.
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

Katarzyna Panteer wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:01 pm
"Friends and not enemies I hope? The familiar faces, that is."
"I hope the same. None are enemies, not as far as I'm concerned. One is definitely a friend, family really."

He hurried over to help Aurilie.

Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Luth set down the scout vessel close by, hurrying over to take a look. "I can transport them back, but does anyone know first aid? It's not ideal run the risk of jostling that broken arm and making it worse."

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

It's so cold that Breela struggles to remain upright, much less be of any actual use. Then about forty five minutes into the patrol she spots something shiny up on an icy outcrop.
"Patrol wait one," she comms, "investigating a possible escape pod."

(Aurilie makes her discovery around this point)

She begins scaling the outcrop using her climbing gear and ample athletic aptitude. Once she summits she's disappointed to find only debris and refuse.
"Patrol," she sighs, "negative contact, returning to forma-" Just then the ice starts to break apart. She begins scrambling to safety with all the dexterity a cat could expect on a block of ice.

"-OHHH KRRIIIIIIIIFFFFF!!!!!!"

The ice gives way, and she has no choice but to go with it. Eventually coming to a stop in a very unflattering way.

Crawling out of the snow bank she is shocked to see the remains of a ship. She blinks, "Is this the powerplant?" She is by no means mechanically inclined. "Patrol," she comms. "I think I've found something... very handy indeed." She gives them all her coordinates.

(Pending)

Athletics, Patrol. UPGRADED DICE: 3eP+1eA+2eF+3eD+2eC 2 failures, 2 Triumph, 3 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Used skills: Piloting, Survival, Mechanics, Coordination, athletics.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Katarzyna Panteer

"I'm a medic," Kat stepped up to the task quickly in response to Luth's words. "Someone check on Breela and what she found while Luth and I help these, yes?" she suggested as she got to work on the survivors they had found.

Luckily, the medical gear she had with her was enough to help the Besalisk and the Mon Cal, making sure that their injuries wouldn't worsen. Most of all they needed to get warmth, rest, and food at this point. "Everything will be alright," the Jedi assured them, her words warm and soothing.

--------------

D1 ME. Opportunity: Search, Rescue, and Secure. Medicine/Intellect. Military Medpac. Depleted penalties. Thermal-gear and goggles to offset environment: 1eP+4eA+3eD+2eC 3 successes, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Running tally: 5 successful rolls achieved on the sixth roll! Opportunity is a success!
Used skills: Piloting, Survival, Mechanics, Coordination, Athletics, Medicine

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"The storm's getting worse." Galen advised. "We should return to the base."

Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Luth heard the comms crackle, as well. She turned to Galen as she helped Katarzyna get them into the ship. "We need to swing by and pick up Breela, see what she found, first, but yeah." She hopped into the pilot's seat. "Hop in. You shouldn't walk back with the storm getting worse."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The group unknowingly pushed back some ranging wampa who realize this area may not be the hunting ground they thought it was and will range deeper into the wastes.
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

He looked around through his hunting Goggles for any other signs of life, friendly or otherwise. Finding nothing, he nodded.

"Alright, let's go."

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Breela waves once the ship arrives. "What do you think?" She says over the comms. "We can either use this to negotiate more power from the locals. Or salvage it and use it to fortify the grid."

(We can talk some more, or I can hop aboard and we can close the patrol.)

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"It's a good find. I'm sure we'll find some use for it." Galen smiled. "I'd say this all went better than expected."