Layne Hoshin

Let's all love Layne [A Q&A for Layne and maybe Xyll]

Post by Layne Hoshin »

This was a very emotional ride for me particularly early on. As I've told some people, in a lot of ways Layne is basically me with an edgier backstory and space-wizard powers... which is something I didn't fully realize when I made her back at Korriban. It's been a lot of anxiety-inducing stuff earlier in the game, but it was a wild ride and I've loved it. And I'd like to thank DD for making an awesome campaign, throwing out all those hooks and helping me tell this story.

Anyway, since it seems to be what the cool kids are doing, I'll just quote what I posted in my PF about what the future might've been for my characters:
Layne Hoshin wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:45 am
Preliminary I guess until stuff gets more clear by end game.

Layne:, if she lives through the next few days, and if she isn't thrown in a prison somewhere or otherwise stopped from doing so by the Jedi or Jerri, will probably take a frontline roll in the war. She isn't looking for a heroic death or sacrifice anymore, but she's there simply because that's what she is best suited for and as one of the best lightsaber duelists in the galaxy, it's where she can do the most good. Plus, she's pretty tanky so hope springs eternal.

If she ends up surviving the war and there's still a republic left that cares about such things, she will go and have a proper trial to argue her case, baring the full truth, and then serve whatever time/sentence they give her for the murder of Lt.Ujips.

Assuming it's not a life sentence, she will disappear afterwards; simply travelling the galaxy anonymously, trying to walk a balanced path between Light and Dark, and simply seeing what life and the force have left to offer her. Assuming Jerri is still around and interested, she may drag him along if he can give up the socialite lifestyle, or otherwise she might simply show up on his doorstep every now and then before going back to drifting around. She might even have a kid or two, who knows (it may even happen during the war in case it drags on for years and she ends up dying in it). Occasionally she'll have an adventure or two, maybe uncover ancient lore as she's likely to focus more and more on the mysteries of the Force rather than how to hit things with a lasersword. It's possible the Force might bring her back together again with old friends from time to time, whom she'll try to support in their own endeavours for a while, and she'll probably make new friends along the way. Daz will get an *awesome* birthday gift every year, and she'll try to show up when she can.

Where she ultimately ends up will likely be a mystery; maybe to be discovered by some curious descendent or force sensitive thousands of years later.

Goals: assuming the above doesn't count as an end-game goal, she will use her wandering years to try and find some way to end the cycle between light and dark and the conflict it brings, though she will pursue peaceful means rather than the violent ends of the Star Cabal.

Xyll Vanth: will take a support role instead. She'd been on the frontlines of war back under Exar Kun, but she's not the fighter she once was. She will use the reborn Krath cult she created to both support the Sith Empire's war efforts, though she will also work on contingency plans in case the war ends up destroying the empire, as she is a survivor and she would see to it that the Sith and the Krath will be reborn eventually.

Should she survive the war, she will focus her efforts on restoring her former power. Tracing the path of the Exile and studying other lore in order to strengthen her connection to the Force, and possibly even to achieve immortality in the way that Zash and others have, so that she become the Witness to many more empires to come and go.
Final result:
Dapper Dog wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:03 pm
The Future: 2#1d100 28 85

Layne gets a heroic death and Xyll lives.
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Sylvain Torsin

Re: Let's all love Layne [A Q&A for Layne and maybe Xyll]

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Hey Layney. Good knowing you.

Best memories of Layne’s achievements?
Ghost | Father | Friend | Advisor | One With The Force

Carries/Wears: The Light, Shield Amulet, Robes

"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

La=aaaaayne! :shock:

Layne will be missed
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Sylvain Torsin wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:04 pm
Hey Layney. Good knowing you.

Best memories of Layne’s achievements?
Across the series? Finding the Darksaber, getting my first double-triumph against that force monster the overseer sent some of us to die against, becoming friends with grandma, helping Gerald pass into the light, finding daz, going to the Voice's sanctum, annoying xevious afterwards, Figuring out there was something weird about dr.rexla before everyone else did, figuring out how to defeat nega-layne, becoming part of the anti-emperor conspiracy on yavin.

The list goes on >.>
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Layne will be missed!

Really enjoyed my therapy scene with you this game. It was amusing how it went, trying to convince you to get back up and fight and be motivating when he really is not the type.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Awww :cry:
Poor Layne. I'm glad her and Breela finally got to have a heart to heart. I hope Breela helped more than she hurt
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Layne and Jo'ren going to visit the Voice was one of my favourite Nar Shaddaa moments 8-)

Sorry we didn't get to finish our Hoth thread. Silly Dinosaurs getting in the way :x
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Stuff: Armour of the First Wrath, Universal door openers, Thermal cloak.
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

I always enjoyed Layne. Looks like I missed some of her adventures though. Out of curiousity, how is Layne going to go?
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

The moment of the biggest satisfaction?

The biggest regret, now that everything is set and done?

The most unnerving unfinished business?

The biggest self-inflicted facepalm that made curses fly?

The biggest WTF/screen-spitting moment?
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Remmington Balmung wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:41 am
I always enjoyed Layne. Looks like I missed some of her adventures though. Out of curiousity, how is Layne going to go?
Heroically. I haven't thought of the specifics.
Darth Bellious wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:52 am
The moment of the biggest satisfaction?

The biggest regret, now that everything is set and done?

The most unnerving unfinished business?

The biggest self-inflicted facepalm that made curses fly?

The biggest WTF/screen-spitting moment?
Biggest satisfaction: Probably that double overpower sequence on Bankor.

Biggest regret: Killing Lt. Ujips. That hit harder IRL than I thought it would and really hobbled the character in the second half of the game.

Most unnerving unfinished business: Back on Nar Shaddaa there was a whole plot-line with Nekoinu involved the Jaw of Oblivion, who were the slaver crew that murdered Layne's parents, and made her into the attack dog she used to be. Layne was going to turn them into her assets, but they ended up running away and the plotline got left unfinished. Alas.

Biggest self-inflicted facepalm: Dunno? Going into the front lines? But not really. Don't know. Maybe fighting Baras with Laynebot the first time. Maybe fighting him the second time with Sylvain and the others. Maybe sending Leilia and crew as a backup plan on Bankor which ended up getting them killed.

Biggest WTF moment: A few. Finding out Veers was actually her ancestor come back to life was pretty much that.