The majority of Hoth is frozen glaciers, jagged rocks, and frozen landscapes.
Jan Melmoar

[Day 2 LM] We Do A Little Patrollin' (Day 2 Patrol, Expecting)

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Jan's Arrow-23 landspeeder flies across the ice of Hoth, the Director seemingly determined to hit escape velocity. Every few seconds a boulder or hillock approaches at terrifying speeds as Jan jerks the wheel this way and that with a wide grin on her face.

"How's everyone doing back there? I'm enjoying this patrol immensely."
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Durasay Mixo

Re: [Day 2 LM] We Do A Little Patrollin' (Day 2 Patrol, Expecting)

Post by Durasay Mixo »

The Pantoran had his arms crossed, seemingly relaxed in the moment as the landspeeder was handled with something akin to a carnival ride. "Doing fine, doing fine." He had brought the pistols just in case, to keep things at bay before needing to get close.

Moments like these were rather hands on. "You ever been Narglatch sledding? I think you'd like it."
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force | Confident
Carries: Lightsaber, Modded Heavy Battle Armor, Cascader, Utility Belt
"All journeys end..."
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

Hacha looks out the viewports with mild interest.

"You know, with a few spoilers aerodynamic shape and the right wing configuration, I think you could turn this into an airspeeder. Your engine is giving quite a lot of thrust. Can I disassemble it later?"
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Lucinia Malveaux

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

Lucinia seemed quite unconcerned with the speed of the vehicle. Which made sense; she'd known Jan a while.

She looked at the Duros, expression partially concealed by the cold weather gear. "How does that saying go? You break it, you're buying it?" She gave a little half shrug. "It's a rather pricy speeder, you know."
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"Narglatch sledding? Darling, I simply love it. The sheer danger is such a thrill."
Jan takes her eyes off the terrain to flash a simple at Durasay, somehow avoiding death by an instinctive swerve.
"As for you Mr Tsuko, Lucinia dearest has made my point for me. You are welcome to take it apart, so long as it's put back together in an improved form. This ride was not cheap, but if you could make it faster."

Worryingly, Jan, turns around entirely in her seat and seems to just let the speeder drive itself as she talks to Hacha before turning back to the rice and sending the speeder into a violent skid around a looming hill.

"Now, I suppose we should get down to business."

((Who wants to lead us off? I believe with the bonus we only need 4 successful rolls and we get a boost dice))
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

LM2 - We Do A Little Patrollin' - Roll 1 - Leadership: 2eP+2eA+3eB+4eD+2eF 2 successes, 2 advantage, 4 Light Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Outcome: Converting Light Side Pips to all advantages, final result 2 successes, 6 advantages. +3eB to next roller.

"Alright team. We have arrived at today's designated patrol sector." The Pantoran brought up the map on the screen, divided into quadrants. Analyzing the data. "If we follow standard swoop scouting procedure, we should get this done by lunchtime. Here's the details of what we need to do..."
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force | Confident
"All journeys end..."
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Jan listens with mild surprise, merely adding after Durasay finished "You actually know your stuff, how wonderful."
Then she smirks.
"However, I think we could be a little more subtle if we took that longer route through the perilous canyon."

The controls are wrenched to the side and the speeder sneaks through an extremely narrow trail, but one which would allow them to avoid any outside surveillance as they went about their business.

Day 2 LM, We Do a Little Patrollin' (Day 2 patrol). 2nd overall roll, stealth/agility, 3 boosts from Durasay, power is at inadequate: 3eP+4eA+3eB+4eD 4 successes, 5 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Day 2 LM, We Do a Little Patrollin' (Day 2 patrol). Forgot one boost from the imperial recon: 1eB 1 success

((success and 2 boosts to the next roller!))
Lucinia Malveaux

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

They'd brought along scanning beacons that could be used to send data back, and ping off of further sensor sweeps. They could, of course, dismount and carefully plant them in the snow.

"Deploying beacon." Lucinia said laconically. Opening a viewport, gritting her teeth partially against the force of the wind, and partially against the energies she summoned to deal with it, she hurled the little probe out the window with impressive force. Or, Force as the case may be.

That done, she pulled the viewport shut again, sitting back down with a smirk.

-------------------------------------------------------

D2LM, Patrol, 2eB Jan, 1eB probe droids, inadequate power: 2eA+3eF+3eB+4eD 3 successes, 1 threat, 4 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Using all DS pips for advantage, 1eB next roller
Skill used was athletics, derp.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

"Well, let's make sure that this pricey speeder is rated for cold that freezes most lubricants." Hacha runs a series of diagnostics on the equipment in the speeder. The ride becomes a bit cooler as Hacha diverts from of the warmth from the heated seats to run an impromptu self warming feature on the external sensors, and in the process the sensor range ticks up slightly.

d2LM-We do a little Patrolling-Mechanics check-Boosts from tools and last roll: 4eP+2eA+2eB+4eD 2 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
(Success, 4/4 total rolls passed. Opportunity succeeds due to Imperial Probe Droid effect)
[Boost passed to next player]
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"Nicely done everyone, nicely done indeed."
Jan quietly turns up the heating on her armour.

"Quick, efficient and easy. I'd rather say we put everyone else to shame."
She flashes them all with a dazzling smile.

"You're welcome to work with us again in the future."

((Jan doesn't have great odds on triumph fishing, but don't let me stop anyone if they want to go for it))
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

"I made sure that the scanners are working so it seems a shame not to use them." Hacha sends an active ping and a curious expression comes over his face. "Well there's something there."

D2 patrol-Comouters- Difficulty 4-Boost from past roll: 2eP+4eA+1eB+4eD 3 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
[5/5 on checks, event passed, Triumph for effect]
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

"We'll make a day of it." He grinned in replay to Jan, and then checked the scanners after Hacha did the heavy lifting. "This sector is clear. I don't know about all of you, but I think we can report this back to base."
"All journeys end..."
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"Then let's go give them the good news."
Jan swings the speeder into a violent U-turn and starts hunting for a mystical gear above 8th as they careen back towards Echo Base.

((Thanks for the scene all, and nice work!))
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: What do you want for the Triumph?
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

(How about something useful that we can take back to the base to help get it running better)
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The group finds a herd of wild tauntaun, might be worth coming back and see if they can be brought back to base and trained.

OOC: Will follow up on Day 3 to head off overzealous players.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist