The majority of Hoth is frozen glaciers, jagged rocks, and frozen landscapes.
Hacha Tsuko

[D1 MM] Blue Shirt Away Team

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

"Look, I don't know the engines went down at the moment, but I think we can all agree that there is no one being at fault, and that it will be productive to move on."

Hacha activates the distress beacon from his survival pack and tosses it into the hallway of the entrance ramp for ease of use later.

Hacha trudges on, checking the signal on the distress beacon and relating it against the local topgraphy. It's not dramatic progress, but they make good time across the wastes.

Lost and Found- Attempt to Navigate to the Beacon #1-Outer Rim/Intelligence Hard with 2 setbacks-Destiny Flip: 1eP+5eA+2eS+3eD 2 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Equipment damage-Icy Wastes: 1eF 2 Light Side

(No equipment damage)
(Beacon left to find the ship later)
Last edited by Hacha Tsuko on Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Nudimsu

Re: [D1 LM] Blue Shirt Away Team

Post by Nudimsu »

"I don't blame you, Hacha." Nudimsu says with a neutral tone. His armor was keeping him warm, but he was not sure about the others. He had to make sure Lana and Songbird were safe too, keeping close to the two of them. Just like before. He switch out his G-suit and left it in the ship for now, preferring to wear the new armor he had obtained and his other armor underneath it. Better to not leave any Chiss equipment there for some plucky pirate to plunder. This was the first time he wore it properly; it was heated and had its own supply of oxygen to boot. He was comfortable physically, at least, but in his mind he was already replaying the scene.

He failed the crew. once again. And, once again, Hacha was hurt because of it. Worse yet, Lana...Lana could have been...

"Don't blame you at all."

~~
Lost and Found Item Check: 1eF 1 Dark Side

X-30 gets a bit damaged.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Pipka

Re: [D1 LM] Blue Shirt Away Team

Post by Pipka »

Pipka unbuckled himself from the crash seat and surveyed the damage. All his personal gear seemed to check out, but the Turtle had seen better days. "Those ion cannons were doing a number on us, it's thanks to Hacha's impeccable maintenance, Nudimsu's precise piloting, and Durasay's confident leadership that we were able to make it to the surface of the planet. I'm just happy that we're all together down here."

As they exit the freighter, the cold hits him immediately. He quickly activates the heating system in his armor and wraps himself in the thermal cloak. It was slightly too large for him, leaving some overhang of the hood and around his feet. He looked like Jawa, like a cold blue Jawa (he had of course chosen a blue one).

Lastly, he hoisted his pack and his gun before faithfully following behind Hacha, a not insignificant pep to his step despite the conditions. Of course, it did help that he was as warm here as he was aboard the Turtle walking around au naturel, as the Big Green Fish intended.

D1, MM, Equipment Check: 1eF 2 Light Side
Unscathed
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Dapper Dog

Re: [D1 MM] Blue Shirt Away Team

Post by Dapper Dog »

Lana was no worse for the wear; she simply nodded at Nudimsu as Songbird followed. Still the storm raged around them.

They had some walking to do.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

MM1 - Blue Shirt Away Team - Lost and Found Item Check: 1eF 1 Light Side

All equipment good.

The polarized lenses of the armor helped shield his eyes from the reflection off the snow, and the heating system coupled with his own adaptation to the cold, this was hardly an issue.

"Another happy landing." He replied to the group, rolling his shoulders back as he hefted the crash survival kit. Just in case they had to make shelter. "So knowing who's up there just made this interesting."
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force | Confident
Carries: Lightsaber, Modded Heavy Battle Armor, Cascader, Utility Belt
"All journeys end..."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Lana asked, "And who exactly is up there?"
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Yes, I am quite curious, myself." He said without looking back at at Durasay or Lana. "I need to go see him about receiving proper recompense for his role in wrecking our ship. Any initial information would be wonderful to have."
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

"Syrian." Durasay replied, continuing to trudge along through the blizzard. "We had several encounters back when I was an officer in the Pantoran Defense Force." He looked over his shoulders to the group. "You could say I was a thorn in his side."
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force | Confident
Carries: Lightsaber, Modded Heavy Battle Armor, Cascader, Utility Belt
"All journeys end..."
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Pipka walked behind his fellows, letting them break trail through the snow and ice. Occasionally he will hop off to the sides on a detour into the snowbanks before falling back into line. "Seems like this Syrian is holding a bit of a grudge, I hold that won't keep them from hiring us in Junktown."
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
description
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Well, at least he doesn't know you're here, otherwise it would have been far worse for us. That is, of course assuming he still remembers you." He stopped in his tracks for a few moments and turns his head, staring at Pipka.

"I think Junktown is off the list of destinations for a few days, Pipka. Doubt they woul--" There was a long pause as he stood there in the snow, his helmet slowly getting covered in snow as the gears started to shift inside of his head. "Wait...did you get a job offer from the pirates, Pipka? Before we arrived?"

Pipka

Post by Pipka »

"Yeah, I'm like fifty-one percent sure I mentioned this. I heard there was a guy, Beetlediz in Junktown recruiting for jobs, lots of credits on the line.

I figured you'd want to make some extra credits from the pirates before we negotiate or 'negotiate' with them."
description
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Maybe you did. " Nudimsu shakes his head. "Not important. Now, this is important. Did you receive it as a member of the Turtle, thru our communications, or thru some other personal contacts. Like, someone sent you a message."

Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

"I mean, isn't that double dealing boss? And I suspect that there aren't that many new arrivals for them to recruit"
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Could be a good way to get intelligence on these pirates," Lana offered.
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Pipka ponders for a moment, "Well, I was talking to some people... at a place... about some things...

Annnywaaay, we got to talking about Hoth and somebody mentioned this Beezlebit guy was recruiting with loads of creds.

It's doesn't have to be 'double dealing' right, we're here for peaceful negotiations, no reason we couldn't take some side jobs at the same time, in the interest of cooperation."

He points to Lana enthusiastically, "Yeah, it is our duty to our clients to gather as much information as we can about the pirates."
description
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:50 am
"Could be a good way to get intelligence on these pirates," Lana offered.
And that was why he liked her; she got him. "Exactly, Lana. Pipka also may be the best chance for it as well. With some help and some skill, we may be able to get some answers. All the while, making some credits to fix the ship they helped damage. Think you should take it, Pipka. Just...try not to mention the Turtle. Durasay especially; we don't know if that Syrian fellow still remembers him."

Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

"He should have backup." Hacha chimes in, then pauses. "Not me. You're doing to want someone who can charm them and lie with a blaster pointed at their sensitive areas. And if it's not Dura on account of the whole "nemesis thing" we might need to scout out someone from the other group when we get to base."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Are you saying I am not, charming?" Lana said with a cold tone.
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:13 pm
"Are you saying I am not, charming?" Lana said with a cold tone.
There was a large smile on his face that could not be seen thru his helmet as she said that as he looked at Hacha and at Lana, his eyes staring at her thru the helmet. "Nor ch'a rect'tin'ecot csarcican't tan'rah csea."

"Backup, of course. She can fit the bill well, and the Force would be useful. As for Durasay, it just all depends if they have ever met face to face. If not, well, a helmet can cover that. Maybe a voice changer. Besides, not everyone is going to know him."

He nodded and looked back. "I know of a few fools who could be useful in that situation, and also have business there. That is, if that emotional, headstrong cat woman can keep her head."

[[Translation: Only a fool would think that]]

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

There was slight tug at her lips of a smile as she waited to see how the duros would reply.
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

"Is this human flirting?" Hacha's eyes narrow "If so, I am flattered but you're fueling the wrong rocket."

There is some kind of talk from Nudie and Hacha looks back over the group. "Look, none of you can disassemble an engine as fast as I can, but that metrics based analysis for personnel interaction is "deeply flawed" and "indicators of anti-social tendencies which are not a fit for our company", so you tell me. Durasay at least has a job where people seemingly only let you do it if you can manipulate enough people. Whereas, in your case-" Hacha pauses, finger raising. A curious expression comes over his face. "I am realizing that I don't actually know what your job is. I don't think it's ever come up."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"I am Sith, simple enough," she said in something approaching an amused tone.
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

"Oh, one of those thingies. Yeah, that'll do it, right boss?" Hacha replies offhandedly
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

His eyes seemed to show he was rather amused by all of this before he turned around. "Sith Lord is a pretty important role to have filled on your ship, Hacha." He looked back at Songbird and nodded.

"As well as a musician. You okay back there, Songbird? Don't suppose you know a marching song?"

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Umm... how about this," she said. And she sang for the group.