Built into an extensive cave system neighboring the graveyard of ships, Junktown is a pirate controlled settlement.
Dapper Dog

[Day 8 - MA] The Queen's Man

Post by Dapper Dog »

The group approached the gates under the pretense of talking terms. Guards looked down and sneered under their helmets at the squad but did not make any offensive actions. One called down in Huttese, “Bout kriffin’ time, the Queen has been waitin’ for your submission.”

OOC: Open to four players. Players are here to try and parley with the pirates in reaction to this, they are not expected to surrender but players be players.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Breela Po

Re: [Day 8 - MA] The Queen's Man

Post by Breela Po »

Anxious as she was to get an audience with this queen. Breela tags along with the delegation. She's outfitted for combat should things go sideways. And depending on what this woman says, that's all but a guarantee.

She pays the pirates slight regard as she files in behind the others. Keeping her thoughts to herself for now.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Remmington keeps his thermal cloak close to keep out the blizzard out. He came along for the party.
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri thought he might be of some use in trying to maybe talk down the pirates and if that failed....well he had worn his new combat armor for a reason.

Right before he arrived he took a bit of the ecchani herb he had distilled down into pill form. The last time negotiating with the pirates hadn't gone so well but he had learned some lessons.

He approached the gates, black and green armor standing out against the white of snow everywhere and regarded the pirates with expressionless helmeted face only his eyes visible behind green tinted lenses.

------------
D8 Queen's Man stim app presence hard medicine check: 3eP+2eA+3eD 2 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
+1 presence for the scene 1 strain take and healed with adv
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

This was Galen's first visit to Junk Town. He glanced about, warching for any surprises the pirates may have prepared. Beyond that, he appeared unremarkable beside the others.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Riyani Viro

Post by Riyani Viro »

“So have you finally come to grovel at my feet? I do love a good bit of groveling,” she said, making her appearance at the top of the gate.

“I am willing to let your slights slide to the tune of, say 1.5 million credits in tribute.”
Pirate Queen | Unpredictable | White Maw | Junk Town Overlord | Human

*Played by Dapper Dog
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri stepped forward "A hefty sum your majesty." The voice coming through slight modulation of helmet speakers "one I am not certain we would have with us at the base and I highly doubt any of us brought such an amount with us here today."

"Could we talk on more equal footing? I do hate having to shout during conversations."
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Riyani Viro

Post by Riyani Viro »

"No," she said laughing.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri sighed a little "as you will, just figured we could talk where we could all be a bit more comfortable."

"How much do you trust this Eternal Empire? This deal you've struck with them?"

Description|Theme
Riyani Viro

Post by Riyani Viro »

"I trust no one, stranger, but they have good creds and they have power, what are you offering?" she asked.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"If you really want those credits, you'll need to let us make contact with off world resources." Galen spoke up.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Riyani Viro

Post by Riyani Viro »

Galen Panteer wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:23 pm
"If you really want those credits, you'll need to let us make contact with off world resources." Galen spoke up.
"Now we are talking, what's your name, little man?" she asked.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

He held up a necklace bearing the insignia of House Panteer.

"Galen Panteer, Prince Consort of Alderaan."

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Breela winces then goes on heightened alert after that declaration.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri chuckled "If there's one thing I've always loved about you Galen it's your sense of subtlety."

Description|Theme
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"I'm sorry doctor, you're far better at this than I am." he admitted quietly. "But, I thought it might be helpful to dangle something in front of them."

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"The crown jewels were a bit much." She whispers.

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Galen Panteer wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:55 pm
"I'm sorry doctor, you're far better at this than I am." he admitted quietly. "But, I thought it might be helpful to dangle something in front of them."
"Let's just hope they don't decide that they could get more from a ransom." He whispered back.
Riyani Viro wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:45 pm
"I trust no one, stranger, but they have good creds and they have power, what are you offering?" she asked.
He spoke up "We are good for credits as well but more importantly I'm talking about survival. Do you think you can survive when The Eternal Empire no longer has need for you? I can't imagine the totalitarian empire will suffer piracy for much longer than they need to."

Description|Theme
Riyani Viro

Post by Riyani Viro »

“I’ll take my chances,” she said with a smile.

“And Prince Panteer, sounds fancy where you from with such a princely name? Maybe we should ask for more, since we are in the presence of royalty,” she said.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"Ask for more to give to the Empire? Won't they just expect more of you?" he asked. "Or, were you thinking of something extra just for you?"

Riyani Viro

Post by Riyani Viro »

"Now you know how to talk to a lady, I have needed a new crown, tell me how much the Crown is willing to offer for my friendship?" she asked.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Remmington watches the exchange as there is not much he can do with an exchange on this level. Royalty really is another beast.
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"If you want to know what the Crown can offer you, you need to allow us to speak to the Crown." he suggested, still paying close attention to the guards and other potential threats.

Riyani Viro

Post by Riyani Viro »

She disappeared and a few minutes passed before the gates opened and out she came with a procession of pirates highly armed. Several dozen in her wake and a man inn white armor holding a shock lance over his shoulders.

She spoke, “Okay Prince, here I am. Don’t waste my time.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

He studied the man in white for a moment, before turning his full attention to her.

"You want us to contact Alderaan from here?"