Built into an extensive cave system neighboring the graveyard of ships, Junktown is a pirate controlled settlement.
Dapper Dog

[Day 5 - EA] Rescue Rangers

Post by Dapper Dog »

Time to get those kids, well one of the children anyway. This is a sneaky mission into the slave camp using the distraction of Vaylin as cover to get in there and get the child out.

OOC: Due to prep work from the team the group enjoys a boost die to their first roll and due to the work of Jub’Lub undercover ach player can get one free upgrade to any one roll they make. Now if the players stick to the plan and just rescue the missing girl the difficult will be hard for the roll but if they are trying to rescue more than just the cub in question the difficulty is Daunting.

If they choose to be ruthless, they can lower that difficulty by one, collateral damage is acceptable. Being Ruthless will cause Conflict for Light side characters, 2 conflict per skill check. If they are Dark Side and decide to rescue more than just the cub they also suffer 2 Conflict for being selfless.

This thread will be open to four players, and they will need to complete 6 of 9 rolls to complete this challenge. The allows skills are: Athletics, Charm, Coerce, Cool, Coordination, Deceit, Mechanics, Perception, Skullduggery, Stealth, Streetwise, Survival, and Vigilance.

GM will flip Destiny to upgrade the Difficult for all rolls.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Breela Po

Re: [Day 5 - EA] Rescue Rangers

Post by Breela Po »

In the midst of the chaos happening at the base - Breela grabs Remmi and calls for Nudimsu to join her on a hail Mary attempt at freeing her kid and Jubbs. "We need to move! Remmi come on! Nudimsu, are you there?"
Last edited by Breela Po on Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Remmington accompanies his companions and is ready to get this rescue mission started. "Hope you're all ready to rock."
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

He looks up at the sky, seeing the Turtle take off against some of the pirate ships. This bought him the opportunity to save her kids, which meant he had to rely on others. It would be rather hypocritical of him to not do that after telling Layne that she needed to do the same.

So that means he had to rely on Garth to pilot her. The last time he did he wrecked his ship. Hopefully his second outing with it would be better. "He better not wreck the Turtle again; I will shoot him again if he does."
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Remmington Balmung

Remmington glances briefly up at the Turtle as it flies away. "He wrecked your ship before?" He asks aghast.

Then he looks over to Breela. "So what's the call. We just looking for your kids or busting them all out?"

He looks over at the pirate slave area and then removes his scanner goggles. "They are a bit old but still amongst the best in the galaxy. Did either of you want to borrow these?" He offers.

/ Scanner Goggles +1eB to Perception + Vigilance
Apologies but my rolls will have to wait till I get home from work in the evening

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Can't save everyone; no where to put them, either. They'd be dead in the wastes or recaptured just as quickly and punished for their attempt. We can make a move later, but right now, stick with the plan to get Jub'lub and her daughter out. We will do what we can to keep casualities to a minimum. "

He looks at Remington. "It was a emergency wreck."
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Breela contemplates silently. "Dammit, he's right." She takes the goggles. "Stick to the plan."

"Let me see what there is to see." She does a quick survey of the area.

Skullduggery "Looking at the security system" First roll boosted and upgraded: 1eP+2eA+1eB+3eD 3 successes, 2 threat, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Add a red to make it Daunting: 1eC 1 failure, 1 threat

2 Successes, 3 threats, 1 Triumph
I'll take 1 strain.

"Look there," she points, "there's a hole in their patrols, and see those cameras?" She points to a place where the terrain is a little daunting. "They must have figured those rocks would dissuade intruders."

(Passes off, amp a green to a yellow or something)
Last edited by Breela Po on Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Nudie took the advantage and, equipped with his sneak suit, snuck in further beyond the other two. With some clever sneaking skills and maybe what sounded like blaster fire, he returned back a few minutes later with a few other slaves behind him.

"...I just stumbled across them. We can't save everyone, though; I do mean that." He kept his face straight as ever as he said those words.

~~

Rescue Rangers Stealth Roll With Forgotten DM Upgrade: 5eP+1eB+1eC+3eD+1eS 5 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Nudimsu on Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Remmington Balmung

"Sorry but that is one plan that I am going to have to not follow." Remmington calls upon the Force and runs past in a blur and rushes around opening doors to help the slaves escape. He gestures for them to move quickly and keep quiet.

/ Athletics/Brawn @ Daunting to free slaves. DD flipped. Destiny. Jubs +1 Boost, +1 upgrade. Destiny. Enhance. Meal. Conditioned negates Setback. 5eP+2eB+3eD+1eC =
6 successes, 2 threat
Forgot to add Force +2eF
1 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImage
FOR FREEDOM!!!!
+1 Setback to next roll

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

""Hey! We're seeing strange activity on the monitors over here. Why are these doors opening up! Report!"

Breela opens a voice only channel and reports. "Yea.. the systems are kriffin' up or somthin' but we got everythin' under control. The cattle ain't goin nowhere."

"Everything is fine, how are you?" Charm Reroll: 2eP+1eA+3eD+1eC+1eS 3 successes, 2 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Remmington Balmung

While Breela keeps distracting the pirates over the com, Remmington heads over to a blind spot in security by an exterior wall and takes out a plasma torch. He opens a 'door' for all the slaves to escape out of. He gestures for everyone to get over.

"Go go go."

/ Opening up a 'door' with a plasma torch to free all the slaves. Mechanics/Int @ Daunting. Master Artisan -1 Difficulty. DD flipped. Inventor negates Setback. Custom Toolkit. Intuitive Improvements. 4eP+1eA+1eB+2eF+2eD+1eC =
2 advantage, 1 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
+2 Strain
Light pip into Success
+1 Boost to next roll
5/6 Success

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

As always, his plan was completely ignored. "Why must I be the most pragmatic of the three of us compared to the supposed Jedi and the supposed Sith? "Fine we'll free them, just don't come crying to me when we see a bunch of bodies frozen in the wastes the next day..."

He stopped talking and climbed up the walls into the smaller crevices of the cave while the guards were starting to flail around from the assault. He got the drop of them and with two quick blaster shots, the rest of the slaves he could reach were freed.

~~
Rescue Rangers Coordination roll (Using Bonus Upgrade, Destiny Flip for Upgrade, Advantages for Boost: 4eP+1eA+1eB+1eC+3eD 2 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

6/6 Success

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"We can find a place for them at Echo base," She says with a grin.
"Jubbs!" She says into her comm, "Jubbs, come in! We've got your gear. Where are you?"

Remmington Balmung

Maybe not the most appropriate or possibly the best time, Remmington does a victory dance after they free the slaves.

/ Recover Strain. Also, dance after freeing all the slaves! Cool/Presence. 1eP+1eA =
1 success, 2 advantage
ImageImage
-1 Strain
+1 Boost to next roll

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"You dork," Breela laughs. "Where the kriff is Jubbs and my daughter?" She tries again to reach him.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Breela Po wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:55 pm
"You dork," Breela laughs. "Where the kriff is Jubbs and my daughter?" She tries again to reach him.
Her daughter rushes up and hugs her mother, she never gave up hope.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:09 am
Her daughter rushes up and hugs her mother, she never gave up hope.
"Z!" Breela's voice was tremulous. She wraps her up crying, "My baby!" She sobs collapsing to her knees with her in her arms.

Remmington Balmung

Remmington pauses for a moment and takes out his datapad to take a holo moment. We starts walking back to the Turtle and pats Breela on the shoulder along the way. "I'll just go on ahead. Take your time."

He starts helping the other slaves.

Jub'Lub

Post by Jub'Lub »

Jub'lub comes walking up behind the girl with a big, eye squinting smile on his face, though his cheeks aren't their usually puffy self. "I told you to trust in the force, Breela." Remmi, Nudimsu, so glad to see you again," he approaches with his arms extended, ready to place his blue mitt on Nudimsu's shoulder;
Just as he is about to place them on his new acquaintances, a loud rumble is heard. Jub'lub's cheeks turn a bit purple as he pats his stomach. Though they fed us, it was mostly slop and moldy bread and not much of it," he chuckles. "You said you brought my supplies, Breela? I think I have a snack packed away.

Jub'lub appears to have lost some weight, his robes hang more loosely on his frame, and his eyes are dark.
Jub'lub | Twi'lek | Jedi | Republic | Jovial | Hungry | Got Soup? | Blue Chungus

Gear: Armored Robes | Heavy Cloak | Double-bladed Saber | Various survival gear | Dehydrated fish rations
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

She wipes her eyes purring, "Yeah," she sniffs, "here..." She removes her backpack and pulls out a thermal blanket which she wraps around Zan'ja. Then she removes her coat and adds that extra layer to her. "You've grown beautiful, 'wee flipperling'." She pulls the layers in tight and nuzzles her one more time.

Then she straightens herself up and pulls out Jubbs' stuff. She ceremoniously hands him his lightsaber with a bow, "I owe you a debt I fear I'll never be able to repay; my sweetest, bravest friend."

Jub'Lub

Post by Jub'Lub »

Jub'lub accepts back his gear with a bow in return, showing both respect to Breela for holding onto it, and the reverence such a weapon deserves.

"What is there to repay? I am alive, Zan'ja is alive, the slaves are freed, my waistline has slimed and I've made a new friend! Bonz! Where is that ol' inkhorn?"
Jub'lub | Twi'lek | Jedi | Republic | Jovial | Hungry | Got Soup? | Blue Chungus

Gear: Armored Robes | Heavy Cloak | Double-bladed Saber | Various survival gear | Dehydrated fish rations
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Nudimsu stood there, witnessing the reunion, but did not say anything to it. It was her moment that she had fought to get for years. Just for a few moments, he'd give her a break.

"Jub'lub, you did excellent work. I could tell that the slaves were prepared for something, and you did it without them noticing. I did not expect you were such a expert in infiltration." It was about as sincere of a compliment as he could make it sound. He really sacrificed a lot to save these people. "Though not to push it, we should probably start to move soon. Who knows when reinforcements will return and we, apparently, have a lot of people to move..."

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"Agreed," she sighs, "we've lingered here to long. Come sweet heart," she reaches her hand out to Zan'ja, "I'm going to get your brother, and then we're going home."

She'll follow your lead to safety.

Remmington Balmung

Remmington greets the returning Jedi in return. "Good to see you again Master Jubs. Ah... one moment."

He checks his person before taking a ration pack energy bar from his pack and offers it. "Take it nice and slow. Just use this to tide yourself over until we get back to base. We managed to secure a cook in the mess and kitchens so we actually have pretty good warm meals now."